The Hidden

The Community

If you like damp, cool weather, an overcast sky, and a mild climate, Seattle is the place for you. If you like hot and sunny weather, you will not want to live in Seattle. This was theperfect place for a community.

I remember these words flitting through my brain the day that we moved here. That had been 3 weeks ago. Now i wasn't as sure this was the right place, as i stood in front of the new school. It was brand new. I could smell the fresh scent of plaster and new paint as i stood only 30 feet away from the door. We had built many houses surrounding the school, and different local places that had been built. I turned away from the school, watching the dark clouds roll across the sky. A light rain began to fall. As i walked down the brand new streets, everything felt deserted. This was definitely not New York... And for that i was glad. New York was had been torcher.

The newcomers would soon swarm to the community, fighting for the best places to stay. My family.. My new family was at the head of the community. We were put in charge of it by the company, to keep everyone safe. Now, watching all the houses that would soon be filled with new life, i felt scared and claustrophobic.

My thoughts flickered back to the days when i used to live with the company. I had been placed in a cell for 5 years with no one to talk to. Now, one year later, i could hardly stand being around people. I loved the open outdoors, and hated being inside were the air was musty and stale. Testing turned me into a monster.. And then just when i learned to control it.. They killed the little light of hope in me, and my power disintegrated. Or at least they thought....

I turned my hand out, catching rain drops. My hair was plastered to my face by the time i got home. The house was huge, nearly two times as big as the houses for the newcomers. They would be here tomorrow.

"Where have you been?" My 'mom' said loudly. I hunched my back, taking a step back. "Your all wet.." Her voice had lightened so much that she was whispering. I noticed that i looked like a frightened rabbit and straightened up. She doesn't hate me i reminded myself. She was wearing a light pink dress.
"I was taking a walk." I said hesitantly.
"That's alright, just go upstairs and change. We don't want you catching a cold." She smiled and took my jacket from me. She started to say something, but she stopped. I guessed she didn't want to frighten me again. I looked, ashamed, down, and noticed a puddle had formed were i had stood. "Sorry.." I mumbled. She just smiled.
"The maid can clean it up, now go on."
She ushered me up to my room. I got changed into clean cloths and opened the windows. There were three huge ones in my room. My room was one of the bigger ones in the house, because they knew i hated being in small places. And they had made it so a huge staircase spiraled upwards, to the roof.

This place, at least, i didn't feel like a caged animal. A knock came at my door. "Come in." I said softly. The door opened. Clair. This was why she could hear me.. Clair had heightened senses. Her smelling, hearing, and just about everything had increased 100 times what she could normally do. She stood tall, and proud at my door, a warm smile adorning her face. I felt a little jealous that i couldn't be like that. "Hi Bridget." She said softly. I doughted I'd ever be that comfortable in my environment. A flame of anger burst inside of me. I gritted my teeth and turned away. I felt a hand on my back and turn around suddenly, jumping back, my hand lashing outwards. I hit flesh. Then i noticed of course it was just Claire. Her hurt, red face said it all. I looked at the red mark i had created on her beautiful face.
"Sorry.. I thought.."
"Its alright" She said quickly, changing her expression instantly. "Mum wants us downstairs." She turned away, walking quickly." I had hurt her.. I felt my mouth turn downwards. I closed my door.

No one came and tried to get me later that night. I was left alone. I fell asleep to the sound of the rain pounding against the roof.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lightning lashed out, just beyond the reaches of the community. And if I was awake.. i would have noticed that it was snowing.

The Newcomers had arrived.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fist Chapter!!! So if you haven't already noticed.. The 'Community' is a place for the gifted, and those with a special talent. Families. People have come here for everywhere across the nation to try to get a place here.

Next chapter out soon, please tell me what you think!!!!!!