Status: More comments/ criticisim means more updates :)

All an Illusion

The Volturi

Walls, darkness and then a dead, decaying and rotten smell that suffocated and swelled around Jade already making her feel more claustrophobic as she was pushed and prodded through the small hall ways. She tried to hold onto some sense of reality – to try and refocus her mind to the present, but her mind kept replaying images of the past; his eyes when he looked at her, the way her heart had fluttered when he held her… She knew she was being irrational and maybe even slightly delusional, but it felt like her world was just making sense. The only one person she had ever held in some sort of admiration in her life was her mother, and after her death Jade’s life had been torn apart. She had forgotten her reason for living and what the purpose was of her life. Seeing him, had re lighted something in her, feelings that she should have felt at school when crushing over the high school jock or for the local newspaper boy. Instead her life had been somewhat backwards and now suddenly exposed to this feeling, Jade felt overwhelmed and vulnerable.

The hand on her arm only tightened when Jade only tripped. She hastily told herself there was no need to panic or try and plot an escape. These were powerful people and this was definitely no situation that she could just talk herself out. Instead she cleared her mind and tried to listen to the hushed voices around her.

“…sure, I’ll be fine. Just remember how Aro doesn’t like surprises, especially as he hasn’t fed yet today. Go ahead and prepare him and I’ll bring this one along myself. She’s so new I bet she has no idea of what she’s capable of yet…” that was said by Alec, Jade was sure of it. She had recognized his voice in an instant. What surprised her was that hearing his voice again had tugged at her memory from not just today but from a memory of before. Where else had she heard that voice before? Why did she feel like she knew him from somewhere?

Before Jade could remember she watched in amazement as one by one the others all ran ahead down the hallway at vampire speed, which left her and Alec alone. Jade didn’t know what she had expected – for them to pick up where they had left off at the dance floor? Instead in one swift movement Alec had shoved her so hard against the wall that the stone behind her cracked. Stifled by her pain Jade bit back a scream.

“Don’t even think about trying anything,” he whispered harshly in her ear, “Just stay quiet and don’t speak unless you are told too. The only thing you can do is apologize – make it out to be some sort of misunderstanding if you can, then you and your friend will have at least half a chance of survival. And whatever you do, don’t let Aro touch you!” He was speaking in riddles and even if Jade wanted to understand what he was saying then she would have to pretend to not be taken in by simply how close they were standing.

When he saw that she wasn’t going to reply he gave a hefty annoyed sigh and whipped her around so that they were once walking as kidnapper and hostage. After two minutes of tunnel trekking the unmistakable smell and sound of a large crowd of humans could be heard walking behind them. Alec tried to pick up their speed but it was useless. In less than a minute they were going to pass them. Jade was just about to prepare herself by holding her breath when instead once again Alec had pushed her against the wall. Instead this time he jammed her lips against hers and held her in a tight embrace. Jade wasn’t so easily fooled. He was still holding her in a way so that she couldn’t escape. It was only a distraction. The humans hurried past in a blur. They were happy and full with the festivity from the party above them. Jade could hear catcalls and wolf whistles as someone even shouted out, “I can see that we’re nearing the party!” as he passed.

When they had finally disappeared Alec let her go. This time Jade was so annoyed that she spoke, “What is it with you and throwing girls against the wall?” she hissed reaching behind her to rub her back. All of a sudden Alec couldn’t look at her again and for some strange reason why Jade found herself softening again. “Where are they going?”

“To their deaths,” he said simply nudging her forwards again. “So naïve – like a lamb being led to slaughter,” he said lowly and more to himself. Jade picked up on his use of the singular instead of plural. He wasn’t talking about the poor innocent people. He was talking about her. Head down, jade tried to contemplate, what on earth had she got herself into? She felt strangely calm and complacent. Whatever happened now was completely out of her hands. Whether she lived or died would be down to fate or destiny. Either way Jade was finally at peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Jade and Fred survive? Has Jade actually seen Alec from somewhere before? And is Alec actually trying to help her or only make things worse from her??... I hope your enjoying the story so far please feel free to offer any advice and comments. I'd really appreciate it (: x