Status: More comments/ criticisim means more updates :)

All an Illusion

Family

Intellect: (noun) - The ability to learn and reason; the capacity for knowledge and understanding, and the ability to think abstractly or profoundly. Intellectual: (adjective) – Clever intelligent, of or appealing to the intellect.

If there was one word you could use to describe Jade, something you could label her with, one category you could stick her into, then it was – intellectual. Because that’s what she was, not the average, typical obnoxious teenager, instead she kept to herself, always watching people from the sides. She wasn’t stupid, but not a braniac either; she was simply gifted with the ability to read people, to see through their lies to their true intentions. She could easily grasp a situation and then flip it to her favour. It wasn’t that she purposefully regularly manipulated people or took advantage of them, in fact most of the time it just happened.

Edward Cullen would never have left a thirsty newborn standing outside the house, while he knew Charlie was inside especially when he knew the thirsty newborn had no intention of listening to anything he said. But there was something about Jade’s demeanour that overruled the doubtful sway of Edward’s thoughts. She was simply standing outside, hands in the pockets of her hoodie, her shoulder length dark brown hair lightly tossing with the wind. She could have even passed for human if it wasn’t for the pair of murderous, bright shining red eyes that were beaming innocently at him. With Bella it had been different, she hadn’t had to hide anything because her power meant that she had skipped the whole difficult period of a newborn, whereas, although Jade looked normal, through her thoughts Edward knew she was continually struggling in a heavy battle. Still Edward left her alone. It was pure sheer luck when Emmett and Carlisle entered the house moments before Jade’s teeth ripped through Charlie’s skin.

Now a very stunned Jade had her arms held tightly behind her back. She thought of trying to make a run for it, but she only had to run her mind back through the last couple minutes when she had absurdly throw herself at a man twice her size and any thought of escape scared her. Instead she stood quietly, hanging her head in shame, trying not to think about the raw aching pain in her throat.

Eventually the awkward silence was broken by the arrival of more people. “Edward?” came a young female’s voice, and Jade looked up to see a girl holding a pretty little child walk straight in to Edward’s arms. She was followed by an even more beautiful but fierce looking blonde and an older woman with her arms around a good looking blondish man. Another older teenager with short brown hair trailed behind them. It was almost comical the casual way they all entered the house, shaking the rain from their coats and removing their shoes, and then one by one they all froze in surprise once they caught sight of Jade. Jade wasn’t used to people looking at her and she cowered into herself which only made her capturers hold her even tighter.

“Carlisle, Esmee, Alice, Bella, this is Jade” Edward said blankly gesturing towards them as he spoke. His jaw was fixed tightly and Jade could see he was angry. “I found her,” he continued turning to the older blonde he had called Carlisle, “she was trying to kill me,” he finished accusingly.

Jade winced as the surprise on Carlisle’s face only deepened. “She is confused, scared, and seriously thirsty and has already attacked Charlie. I brought her here, knowing she would probably do less damage here,” Edward explained, taking the child from Bella.

“Of course. Thirst comes first” Carlisle continued smiling lightly to himself studying Jade closely as if she were some test product, “Why doesn’t Jasper and Bella take her? Is that okay with you, Jade?”

Jade nodded meekly glad to lose the pressure on her arms. The thought of doing anything tired her, she didn’t know how long she could last before the agonizing pain in her throat became too much. She knelt down to tie her shoe laces and when she stood up she felt a strange sensation as if someone were massaging all the knots in her back. Slowly, her sense of panic was slowly, disappearing.