Love Spells Magic

Prolouge

December 25,2009
The eyes of three well known boys stared back at me off my covered walls. Despite the fact I had met my favorite band this past summer, their posters still stayed on my bedroom walls. My mom kept threatening me I would come home one day from school and find them stripped off my walls.

Christmas Day. The holiday spirit had been in the air since the beginning of December and I loved every minute. Waking up on Christmas morning made me feel like a child all over again. It was the one day I knew my family was guaranteed to spend time with each other. It was the day I believed nothing could ever go wrong in life.

My gifts had been quite fantastic this year. I had finally gotten the laptop I had wanted, the pink Dell laptop. I had been begging my parents for awhile to have my own laptop. My sister had gotten me a dress I had been eyeing at Macy’s the other day. I would be the best sister I could be for the next two weeks as a thank you.

But there was one present from a specific person I absolutely adored. Nick’s Christmas present had arrived early this morning, right before we were about to start opening presents. I had giddily jumped up and down anxiously waiting to open the secret gift. I had torn it open the second my mom let me open his gift.

My mother and my sister had gone “Awh” when I had lifted the present out of its nicely wrapped bag. A teddy bear that was holding a heart that had been personalized saying “I Love You, Cady.” A silly grin hadn’t left my face all day once I read that. My dad had glanced at it disapprovingly but was happy to see me joyous. Along with the teddy bear were a handful of perfumes, body splashes and lip glosses at the bottom of the bag. An attached note Christmas card informed me Maya had helped him pick them out.

I was now snuggled under the covers of my brightly covered bed waiting to call my boyfriend. It had been almost a routine to call Nick every couple of nights. We had talked last night, but it was Christmas day so I knew I had to call him to thank him for the sweet present and wish his family Merry Christmas.

The phone rang as I held it patiently to my ear. A breathless Nick answered the phone on the third ring.

“Merry Christmas babe,” Nick’s angelic voice rang out.

“Merry Christmas to you too. And thank you so much for your gift. It was so sweet.”

Nick chuckled. “You’re welcome. I loved the cookies and the picture frame.”

“I’m surprised the cookies made it all the way to Texas. I was afraid they’d go stale.”

“Nope. They surprisingly are fresh and my brothers loved them too.”

I laughed. “They ate most of them didn’t they?”

“Yup,” he said popping his end of the word.

I hesitated before talking again. “There’s one more part to your Christmas present.”

“Really? What is it?”

I twirled a piece of my hair and smiled. “Remember when you told me Selena’s the opening
act for your tour next month?”

“You’re not mad about that are you? I mean I know it’s kind of weird that my ex-girlfriend is our band’s opening act, but she’s a really good singer and it would really launch her singing career,” Nick rambled.

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn’t see. “I’m fine with that. I’m actually looking forward to meeting her.”

“Meeting her?” Nick questioned.

“Yes,” I giggled. “You’re girlfriend happens to have gotten a phone call this morning confirming she’s going to be a backup dancer for a certain girl who’s opening for the Jonas Brothers.”

“Oh my gosh Cady! That’s great! We’ll finally be able to see each other.” Nick’s excited voice rose a few decibels.

“I know! I’m so excited.”

We talked for a few more minutes before hanging up. Nick’s mood had incredibly changed as soon as I had given him the news. I snuggled under the covers my body absorbing the warmth of my bed. It was right before I was falling asleep that it hit me.

I was going to see my boyfriend. The person who I had spent endless time on the phone with and video chats almost every evening. There were plans for me to visit Nick during Thanksgiving break, but they had fallen through after the Jonas Brothers were booked for so many concerts. Christmas time was more family time, so both of us had decided we could skip seeing each other to spend time with our families.

I would be able to finally touch his soft curls, kiss his sweet lips, and feel safe in his arms again. I was finally, finally, going to be able to see my boyfriend, Nick Jonas.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so excited for this sequel!
I hope everybody enjoys it.
Goodluck during 2nd semester!

Don't forget the comments!
Love,
Kodhai<3