Love Spells Magic

*** Me

Image

Crawling out of bed, I reached up and brushed my tangled hair with my fingers. My eyes felt heavy as I struggled to open my eyes. A yawn escaped my mouth as I walked down the narrow hallway to the tiny open. A light was lit in the bathroom indicating one of the girls was already occupying the bathroom.

I sighed. It was always so hard to get the bathroom. Almost impossible really. Since it was only girls on the bus, the bathroom was occupied almost all the time with girls trying to do their hair, makeup or whatever. I dragged my feet into the front of the bus and plopped down into the booth.

“Andrea is after Reiley.” Sabrina grunted. I nodded tiredly and leant back and closed my eyes. Last night had been a long night. The concert had finished around eleven but it wasn’t till about two in the morning until we had packed everything away and gotten onto the buses. That was usually our normal routine but on the way to Los Angeles, where we were headed for the next couple of days, one of the buses had gotten a flat tire causing us to stop in the middle of the night and it was pure chaos outside as three buses were pulled on the side of the highway trying to fix the buses.

The bathroom door creaked open and Andrea rushed in as Reiley stepped out. “Good Morning.” She said simply. I could hear other girls starting to wake up as the digital clock on the microwave changed to 11:21am. We weren’t supposed to reach Los Angeles until about nine o clock tomorrow morning leaving us with almost an entire day on the buses.

I pulled down my cami over my shorts as I walked over to my phone which was charging in the nearby wall. Unplugging it, I turned it on. It was relatively silent right now so I went back to my bunk to have a little more privacy. I figured Nick would already be awake even though he probably went to bed later than I did this morning.

The phone rang a couple of times before being picked up. “Good morning beautiful.”

A smile tugged on my lips. “And good morning to you handsome. How did you know it was me?”

“You’re ring tone played.” Nick answered in a ‘duh’ tone. “Did you get a good night’s sleep?”

I scoffed. “Yeah right. Us dancers didn’t get in until about two in the morning and the buses breaking down a couple of hours later didn’t really help the situation too much.”

Nick chuckled. “I’m sorry. But if it makes you feel any better, we are on the bus for the rest of the day.”

“That is true.” I agreed. “Will there be a way we can see each other?”

A pause came over the phone line. “Hold on. Let me check with my dad.” The sounds of
Nick’s muffled voice could be heard as he checked with his parents about today’s plans. I could hear Denise and Paul’s in the background talking to each other as Nick and I patiently waited.

“Alright I’m back. Mom and Dad said that we’re going to be stopping in about a two hours after we have our lunches on our buses just so the drivers can stretch their legs for awhile. They said you could stay on our bus till it’s time to switch back again during the night. You can leave after dinner. Does that sound okay to you?” Nick suggested.

The tiredness I had felt before seemed to vanish as soon as I heard Nick speak. Just the fact of being able to spend time with him for more than just a few minutes seemed precious. “That sounds amazing. I’ll see in a couple hours then.”

We said our goodbyes and hung up our phones. I tossed my legs over the side of the bunk and once again went back to the bathroom. Thankfully it was open and I rushed inside. It wasn’t till I got inside that I realized that I had forgotten my clothes and quickly went back to my suitcase to pick out today’s outfit.

Forty five long minutes later I was finally ready. My pair of old, dark colored worn out jeans hugged my legs as I matched a long hot pink fuzzy sweater with it. My straightened hair was in a half up half down hairstyle with it being held by a clip. Putting on the last touches of makeup, I closed my makeup back and picked up my pajamas and walked out the door.

“Finally!” Hilary exclaimed. “You’ve been in there forever.” She grabbed her own set of clothes and essentials and gently shut the bathroom door close.

“Sorry.” I apologized. “I just had to get ready for today.”

Reiley looked up from the magazine she was reading in the booth while sipping on a cup of coffee. “We’re just going to be in the bus all day. Why need to get ready?”

I grinned. “I’m going over to the Jonas cabin for the rest of the day till after dinner. Nick invited me over and his parent’s want me to stay for dinner.”

Reiley raised her eyebrows. “You lucky girl. Have some fun.”

I laughed. “Oh I will.”

The next two hours zoomed by as the rest of the girls all woke up out of their trance thanks to the wonderful world of coffee. We each made our own separate lunches with me just having a simple jelly sandwich with a glass of water. I had finished lunch fairly quickly leaving me with about a half an hour time slot to do anything I chose to do.

Rummaging through my suitcase, I took out a medium sized black bag that could carry all my needed items I would need to bring over. Dropping in a few make up necessities, and other essentials, I climbed back into my bunk and turned my iPod on. Putting the headphones in my ears I opened a book and began to read.

The screeching halt of the bus brought me out of my world of vampire’s and werewolves and brought me back to reality. Picking up my bag, I jumped down and shut the curtain to my bunk closed. Peering through the window I could see us at a deserted rest stop on the high way containing only our tour buses.

The back of Nick’s curly head came into my view as his entire family stepped outside of the bus to stretch their legs. Waving a quick goodbye to the girls who were nearby me, I began to walk towards the main Jonas tour bus. Trying not to make any sound, I tip toed towards Nick and brought my hands to cover his eyes from the behind. “Hey.”

Nick swiveled around and greeted me with a lopsided grin. He pulled me into a tight wrenching hug wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. Looking over his shoulder his brothers also sent me a smile as I hugged Nick back. Nick’s fingers stayed intertwined with mine as I stepped away from him.

“Hi guys.” I greeted as they walked closer to us. I noticed that Joe kept his glasses on
likewise with Kevin. “Nice glasses.”

Kevin chuckled. “We know. You’re just jealous.”

I rolled my eyes. “Something like that.”

I found myself ten minutes later inside the Jonas tour bus for the first time. I had been it a couple times before but only for a quick glance here and there. Overall the bus was neat with a few exceptions. Papers were scattered on the booth top where if you looked closer seemed like Nick and Frankie’s school work. The small black guitars for Guitar Hero were set aside to one corner next to actual guitars which I assumed belonged to Nick and Kevin.

“Impressive.” I observed walking over to the guitars. My fingers grazed over the shiny and smooth surfaces taking in the instruments that they cared so much for.

Nick laughed. “Thanks.” Loud footsteps echoed behind us as the rest of the family gathered onto the bus. As soon as they had stepped in the bus started moving onto our next destination.

“Come on.” Nick said placing his hand on the small of my back. He gently pushed me to the direction of the bunks and opened the curtain to the top left one. Standing on my toes I let my chin rest on the side of the bunk as I looked inside.

It was relatively clean with the pillow propped up and a stack of books standing neatly right next to it with a blanket was messily folded at the foot of his bed. Settling my hands on the bunk I pushed myself up and sat down on the bunk. Nick followed my lead and sat down next to me. He left the curtain half way open.

“I have to keep this open. Mom’s rule since the Hannah tour a couple years ago.” Nick apologized.

I shrugged. “That’s okay. So what are we doing in here?”

Nick’s eyes lit up. “Movies!” He said excitedly.

Turning around I took the pillow and set it against the wall of the bunk. “A movie?” I asked to clarify.

Nick nodded causing his curls to bounce up and down in the process. “Yep. You can pick the movie.”

“How thoughtful.” I said sarcastically. “What movies do you have?”

“Well we just got Dark Knight.” Nick said causally. I crossed my arms definitely and shook my head no vigorously.

“Nick you know that I hate scary movies.”

Nick grinned. “Yeah. But I can keep you safe.” He moved next to me and leaned his face dangerously close near mine. He widened his eyes slightly and stuck out his bottom lip.

“Please?” I shook my head once again. Nick pulled back and sat there staring at me. “It’ll be almost like a real date.”

I sighed and closed my eyes. “Fine. But if your mother comes in here wondering if you’re trying to murder me it is entirely your fault.”

Nick chuckled. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Digging through a bag shoved into a corner Nick pulled out the Dark Knight DVD. I
shuddered just looking at the cover. Pulling down his TV, Nick took the disc and slid it into the DVD player. “Oh and speaking of dates, I was thinking we could go on one tomorrow.” Nick said casually.

“What?”

Pressing play, Nick leaned back and wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him. “We’re going to be in Los Angeles for the day tomorrow. I cleared it with my parents. We can go wherever we want to.”

“That’s really sweet of you Nick, but what about paparazzi?” I reminded him slowly.

Nick dismissed the situation with a wave of his hand. “Don’t worry about that. I’ll have everything under control.”

I hesitated. “Okay. But only if you’re sure we won’t be trampled by paparazzi.”

“I promise.” Nick bent down and brought his lips to my hair. I snuggled closer to him prompting Nick to wrap his right arm around my body pulling me into his warm body. The next two hours consisted of me continuingly Nick trying to comfort me as I kept my head in his chest. I would never be able to see a picture of Heath Ledger the same way ever again. Every single time Nick would assure me it was just a movie always brought those butterflies back to my stomach. No matter what would happen tomorrow on our so called date, being with Nick was all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I didn't post this last night but I was like 3/4's way through it before I realized I was way to exhausted to contiune to write. So you have it today. =] Better late than never, right?

So I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm off to a dinner party in about half an hour. Hope there are lots of comments when I get back =]

Oh, and Happy Pi Day! Haha. =]

Don't forget the comments!
Love,
Kodhai <3

P.S. Amazing banner done by Michaela aka take flight.