Love Spells Magic

Tell me?

Image

The glowing lights of the digital clock flashed back at me as I glanced at it. 4:37pm. We had arrived in Los Angeles early this morning and most everybody had stayed on our tour bus or were in the arena. We were docked behind the arena like we usually were. But the fact that the Jonas Brothers were in town once again; there was very high security around the arena.

I was supposed to meet Nick inside the arena at five. We had to check in with his parents before leaving to wherever we were going. I had pestered Nick for the last few hours for him to give me just a single clue but he wasn’t budging.

The reflection in the mirror finally pleased me. The only information Nick had given me was to dress down casual because we were going to a fun place. Not much to go on but I had finally decided on an outfit. The short dark denim shorts hugged my legs as my flowy white tank covered my top. I ran my fingers through my straightened hair and touched up my mascara and eyeliner one last time.

Reiley winked at me as I walked out the door of the tour bus to meet Nick. My skin came into contact of the warm air of California as I stepped outside. It was one of the many reasons I had decided back in the seventh grade that I was moving to California as soon as I was out of school. I despised cold weather and I realized California didn’t even know the definition of cold weather.

My flip flops clacked on the metal floor of the arena as I looked around for my boyfriend. I immediately began to head towards the stage area. My theory proved to be correct as I turned the corner and saw Nick and his brothers goofing around on stage with their band.

Surprisingly they weren’t playing their guitars or singing. I smiled at seeing them having fun. One thing I noticed on tour was that they didn’t get much downtime unless they were on their tour bus.

Nick spotted me first and grinned widely as soon as he did. Ignoring his brothers he began to make his way towards me. Shoving my cell phone in my back pocket, I increased the speed of my stride and ran into Nick’s arms and flung my arms around his neck. His arms automatically made its way around my waist and lifted me off the ground.

Nick set me on the ground but I still kept my arms around his neck. “Hi.” I simply said.
He grinned. “Hey.” Leaning down, he pecked me on the lips for a short kiss before pulling back. “You ready for today?”

I nodded. “I’m excited. But I’d be even more excited if you told me where we were going.”

Nick laughed. “What’s the fun in that?”

Grabbing my hand, Nick led me to where his parents where. My eyes searched for them as Nick had me go through a crazy maze of turns in the seating area. I could finally see the back Mrs. Jonas’s curly hair in the midst of a crowd of tech people. Nick went up to his mother and tapped her on the shoulder.

Turning around abruptly, Mrs. Jonas faced us. “Hi Cady! How are you?”

I smiled. “I’m doing fine.”

She nodded. “Are you two going to leave now?”

“Yeah.” Nick answered as he distracted me by playing with my fingers.

“Alright. But Nicholas. Please, please, please, be careful. Keep the sunglasses on the
entire time and have your cell phone next to you at all times. If anything get’s out of hand call one of us and Big Rob and one of us will be on our way.” Mrs.Jonas reminded him of rules I was sure that Nick had already heard.

Nick tried to not roll his eyes. “Yes Mom. We’ll be fine.”

We quickly made our way out of the crowded arena. Nick’s black car was waiting for us outside. I never understood why boys loved old cars from back the 80’s and earlier but I kept my mouth shut knowing I would get a full lecture from Nick learning information I never intended to know.

My hand reached for the car handle to open the door when Nick’s hand enclosed on top of mine. I pivoted my body and came face to face with Nick who was inches away from my face. “I believe that’s my job to open the door for you.”

“Sorry, didn’t get the memo.” I teased stepping back to let him open the door for me.

I put my left foot inside the door and was about to sit down when a hand jerked my elbow back causing me to fall back into Nick’s body. My back was leaning against his chest as Nick brought his mouth to my ear. “Did I tell you that your shorts make your legs look like a mile long?” I froze in place as Nick placed a small kiss on my ear before releasing me and walking to his side of the car.

I must have looked silly grinning to myself as I lowered myself into the car. Nick placed the key into the ignition and started backing out slowly. We made our way towards the exit of the arena and immediately were swarmed by the traffic that was outside.

Nick and I chatted about the plans for the tour that were coming up. While we were talking, I suddenly realized that it was almost February. Almost half the tour was over. I pushed the thought out of my mind planning to come back to it, well, hopefully never. The one good thing that I thought of was that Valentine’s Day was just around the corner. The last thought overpowered the other and kept me relatively happy for the rest of the evening.

“Are you going to tell me now where we’re going?” I asked as we stopped at a red light.
Nick took his eyes off the road for a second and laughed.

“Babe, be patient. We’re almost there.”

I huffed and crossed my arms around my chest. I couldn’t believe Nick wasn’t budging. I usually could get him to spill any of his secrets but this time it just wasn’t working. An idea clicked in my mind. I glanced at the stoplight and saw it was still red. In peripheral vision I could see Nick tapping his fingers patiently on the steering wheel.

Leaning towards Nick, I placed a small kiss on his cheek and kept my face near his. Nick turned towards me with a smile, but with slightly confused eyes. “Tell me?”

Nick threw his head back and laughed. He stepped on the gas pedal as the light turned green causing me to fall back into my seat. I sighed and went back to trying to think where he could be taking me. “Sorry baby. We’re almost there though.”

A couple minutes later we pulled into a parking lot and I eagerly looked outside the window. Giggles escaped my mouth as I saw where we were. Giddily I jumped outside the car and impatiently waited for Nick to get out of the car.

The large bowling pins above the building gave it away where we were the minute I saw them. A bowling alley. Only Nick could think of such a sweet place to go on a date like this. He came up behind me and slipped his arms around my waist. “Is this okay?”

I grinned and clasped my hands around his. “I love it. We’re going to have so much fun! Come on!”

Rushing towards the entrance, I ran and opened the door. A gush of air conditioned air
welcomed me and I waited for Nick to catch to up to me. We went to the counter and picked out our pair of bowling shoes. I watched Nick pay for them and quietly talk to the manager of the bowling alley. After about a minute of refreshing on who he was, the manager quickly gave us a secluded area with a bowling lane and a couple of tables.

Forcing my tiny feet into the bowling shoes, I programmed our information into the computer in between the lanes. Our names popped up on the screen as I clicked enter. Grabbing a hot pink bowling ball I stood determined at the edge of the white line.

“I’m going to win. You know that, right?” Nick called out.

Normally I would have denied that, but I had to admit, I was pretty terrible at bowling. I had always loved the sport but I was one the worst players ever. I was always the last one’s left when picking teams.

I brought my arm back and swung it down the lane. The ball bounced a couple times before rolling out towards the gutter. I could hear Nick’s chuckling behind me. Turning around I glared at him. “You think this is funny?”

Nick smirked. “Yes. Now let me show you how a pro does.” He pushed his was past me in and gracefully let the bowling ball go down the lane and hit nine out of the ten pins.

“Show off.” I grumbled.

Nick chuckled. “Come here. I’ll show you how.” The next two hours consisted of Nick trying to teach me how to bowl. At first, he had been patient and had given me pointers here and there. Where to place her foot, how fast to bring your arm back and where to aim the ball. It was after the first half hour that he began to get slightly irritated and finally gave up. The scores at the end of three games obviously showed who was the better of us two after the difference of numbers turned out to be almost 100.

After we returned our shoes to the counter, I could see two girls eyeing us from a couple lanes down from where we were. I nudged Nick. “I think their fans. Why don’t you go over to them?”

Nick’s eyes traveled to where I was looking. He agreed with me before walking over to them and talking to them. I watched amused as he took a picture with them and signed autographs for them. I rolled my eyes as he came back to me. “You just made their entire week.”

Nick laughed. “That may be true.”

The sun blinded me as we stepped outside into the California evening. I was extremely surprised there was no paparazzi at all. The only people who had recognized us were the two girls inside. I took the factor of it being Thursday into consideration but I wasn’t complaining.

Spending time Nick with was precious. Often the most we would be able to see each other on days they were booked, which was often, would just be a light hug or a text saying we missed each other or a phone call late at night. But it was times like this when all my worries vanished and the feeling of just being with Nick seemed to make my life worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I just realized that I have both Mishti (in Sunshine in My Heart) and Cady going out with Nick in both of my updates tonight. Oops. =]

Lakota West I hope you girls kick some ass tonight at the state semi finals!

Hope ya'll like this chapter!
Leave comments!

Love,
Kodhai <3

P.S. Banner made by Michealah =]