Love Spells Magic

Boyfriend?

I groaned as I swung my legs over the side of my bunk, careful not to hit the bunk below mine. My hair was in a messy ponytail from tossing and turning the night before. Today was the first day of the cramming into my head the hundreds of dance moves I would need to learn within 48 hours.

I rummaged through my suitcases and pulled out a pair of black soffee shorts and a plain pink cami. We were at the border of Texas and Oklahoma so even though it was January, it was still incredibly hot. I stumbled towards the direction of the small bathroom that would be shared by eight other girls. Yes, eight. Selena plus her eight back up dancers. I could barely stand sharing a bathroom with my sister back home; I wasn’t entirely sure how I was going to share the tiny bathroom with eight other girls.

I had met the other girls late last night after we had finally left the Jonas’s home. We had introduced ourselves to each other. Just like Camp Rock 2, we varied from age with me being the youngest again. The oldest was 20 but I realized very quickly she acted much younger. In a whirlwind yesterday, I had learned all their names. The four oldest were aged from 18-20. Sabrina, Emily, Andrea, Hannah were 18, 18, 19, and 20. Hilary, Reiley, Jenny were all 17 while I was the youngest at 15. But I was quick to assure them I was turning 16 in four months.

Yawning, I walked towards the bathroom in hopes of taking a much needed shower. Thankfully the bathroom was free, something I was not expecting. I hurried inside and shut the door. I glanced at the small digital clock inside and saw it was eight in the morning. The other girls would be waking up soon knowing we would arrive at the arena at nine. I took a shower and brushed my teeth. Since my hair was still wet, I threw it up into a ponytail brushing the waves in the process.

A knock came from the opposite side of the door. I rushed to take my all belongings in my hand and pulled back the door. A line of girls appeared as I looked out. The saying ‘you snooze you lose’ shot through my head as I sent them a smile and stepped out of the bathroom. I shoved my pajamas back into my suitcase and walked to the front of the tour bus.

I had a feeling every night here on the bus would be an all girl sleepover which I certainly didn’t mind. In hopes of finding some sort of breakfast, I opened the cupboards. Five different types of cereals were lined up at the top with bagels, breads and plenty of other food items for our meals on the bus. I grabbed Fruit Loops and brought the milk out of the fridge. I slid into the booth and began to eat my breakfast.

“One bathroom for nine girls is impossible.” A girl who I believed was Andrea, slid into the booth seat across from me.

I swallowed the spoonful of cereal before I answered. “Tell me about it. It’s going to be hell with only one bathroom for eight girls during two and a half months. I’m glad I got up early enough so there was no one in there when I needed it.”

Andrea laughed. “You should have seen the stampede after you went in. It seemed as if everyone woke up at the same time and needed the bathroom all at once.”

“Well I’m glad I’m an early riser then.” I scraped the last bits of my cereal and cleaned the bowl in the sink.

I chatted with Andrea and Jenny and Hilary, who joined us afterwards, till we got to the arena. I was beginning to get to know most of the other dancers as everyone ate their breakfast near the booth and the couches pushed up against the walls of the tour bus.

Selena entered about twenty minutes later prepped in sweat pants and form fitting tshirt. Her hair was in a ponytail similar to the other girls and her makeup was done perfectly. And I thought it was done by her stylist.

“Good morning everyone!” Selena exclaimed. She opened the cupboards and pulled out two pieces of bread and popped them in the toaster. “Are ya’ll ready for today?”

“I’ll get back to you on that after learning six dances in two days.” Hilary declared with a smile.

Taking a piece of spearmint gum out of its container, I stashed it back into my large handbag next to me. “I have no idea how in the world we’re going to be able to memorize the steps with only two days to work with. I’m going to crash for the next two days.”

Selena rolled her eyes. “At least you have a boyfriend to go to when you need a massage.”

Spoons stopped in midair and couple of the girls stopped texting. Jenny nudged me with her elbow and asked the question on everyone’s mind. “Your boyfriend’s on tour? Who is he?”

I eyed Selena curiously. Selena looked back at me expectantly waiting for me to answer the other dancers. “Um. It doesn’t really matter.” I wasn’t entirely sure if Nick wanted me to announce to everyone on tour that we were together, but it seemed like I didn’t have a choice now.

Selena laughed. “Doesn’t matter? You want me to tell them? They’re bound to find out anyway.” I opened my mouth to respond but quickly shut it when she began to speak. “Her boyfriend is Nick Jonas.”

Silence filled the room before everybody began speaking at once. “Nick Jonas?"

“You’re kidding right?”

“The curly haired cutie?”

“A Jonas Brother?”

“How the hell did you snag him?”

Questions were being fired at me with no time to answer them. Excited faces stared at me waiting for an explanation. I opened my mouth and shut it unable to form any words.

Everyone’s attention was focused on me waiting for me to say something. “We met on the set of Camp Rock 2 this summer. We’ve been together since.”

“That’s so sweet!” Hannah squealed. The others voiced their opinion similarly. The topic of my relationship status and my current boyfriend seemed to interest them enough to be the only discussion we had till we reached the arena.

If anyone had seen us at that moment, exiting the tour bus talking excitedly with each other, they would have assumed we were the best of friends and we knew everybody’s secrets. I had a feeling it may eventually turn out like that, but right now, I felt totally lost. I had hoped I would make acquire friendships that would last a lifetime here on this tour, but I could tell already things were happening that I was not expecting.

As we walked towards the arena I hung towards the back of the group. Each of the girl’s were talking about different subjects and I wasn’t sure where I would fit in. It was incredibly warm outside, in the high 70’s. Warmth that radiated off the sun tinted my skin as we were outside. I was deep in my thoughts that I was startled when a body appeared next to me.

A girl with light brown shoulder length hair and bright green eyes in a similar outfit to mine slowed down her pace to join me. “Hi. I’m Reiley.” She grinned and tossed her hair behind shoulders.

I gave her a warm smile. “Hi. I’m Cady.”

“So I’ve heard. Are you really dating Nick?”

I sighed. “Yes I am. But I’m not sure how Nick feels about everybody knowing, so try to keep it on the DL.”

“No problem.” Reiley launched into another topic starting the conversation which eventually led to us talking about iPods and teddy bears. I was glad to have found at least one friend who was there for me to talk to.

We continued to talk as we entered the arena. The next few minutes was a flurry of chaos as we tried to direct ourselves where we were supposed to be. The arena was huge and tech crew was working hurriedly to set the stage up so Nick and his brothers could run through their songs. They really didn’t have anything to do for the next couple of days except practice their songs and make sure all the kinks were worked out.

Nick and his brothers flew threw a few of their songs as we sat down in the first few rows of the arena. We would be occupying the stage for most of the today and tomorrow in the hopes of learning all the sequences. While singing, Nick directed his attention towards me, smiling every so often and fumbling at the lyrics. He quickly snapped back to the music but then would turn back and give me a small smile. The other dancers noticed this and were sending me knowing looks.

As soon as they were finished we stood up to walk up on stage. Nick stored his guitar with all the other instruments before making his way over to me. He grinned as he walked over to me pulling me into a hug. It made me happy to see Nick in such a good mood. It seemed to pass along to me as a smile crept onto my face.

“You are in an incredibly good mood.”

Nick laughed. “Maybe it’s the fact I can finally see my girlfriend?”

“I’m touched.” I paused hesitantly before continuing. I eyed the rest of the dancers who were already on stage watching every move I was making. “I have a quick question for you though before I go.” Nick nodded his head indicating for me to continue. “How comfortable are you with people knowing about us? Like the people who are on tour with us?”

Nick frowned. “Why are you asking that?”

“See…well. Selena mentioned-”

Nick cut me off before I could say another word. “Selena?”

“Yes. She mentioned to the other girls this morning that I was dating you. Let’s just say their very interested about that.”

Nick’s mouth formed into an ‘o’ shape after my explanation. “That’s fine. I’m sure they would have found out anyway. Just ask them not to tell everybody, okay?”

I smiled gratefully. “No problem. I already told them not too. I’ll see you later, okay?” I pecked him on the cheek and pulled my hand out of his to join the other girls on stage. I was halfway to the stage before, I felt someone tug my hand. I turned around and suddenly came face to face with Nick less than three inches away from me.

“Just a little reminder to your friends who your boyfriend is.” Nick whispered before pressing his lips softly against mine. He pulled back shortly afterward which had me craving for more. My eyes darted around me and could tell people had seen the kiss. Smiling sweetly, I mouthed a ‘I love you’ before removing his grasp and walking away with a dazed expression on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to let you know..I love Selena!
I don't really hate any celebrity at all.
But I kind of needed Selena for this story xD

I haven't had school all week!
We had a major snowstorm hit us.
Well, we had a 2 hour delay on Mondayy.
But that was the only day I went to school.

Anyway. I hope you like this chapter.
I felt it was kind of choppy in some places.
And babes, do three of you recognize something? ^.^

Leave the comments :)
Love,
Kodhai <3