This Could All End In Tragedy

Chapter 8

Image

"You know you aren't going to have a heart attack if you take off those hiddious shades." Alex hinted as he pulled out of the driveway.

"You know you aren't going to have a heart attack if we stay home." I replied while smirking.

"And do not dare insult my sunglasses." I added while turning up the radio just as Nirvana was coming on.

I heard Alex sigh.

The beautiful California sun was peaking through a few clouds as Alex's silver SUV wiped away the days earlier rain drops with the windshield wipers.

I sat back in the seat and thought about where he was taking me.

"Alex. I swear to God if you take me to a basketball game I'm going to call your mother and tell her you had sex before marriage." I said threateningly.

I heard him laugh from the drivers seat to my left.

"If you don't stop bitching I'm going to tell your father that you lost your phone." he said, matching my threatening tone.

My mouth dropped open and I looked over to him.

Alex looked over to the passengers seat I was currently sitting in and let his famous smirk form.

"Spill now lady." he said amusingly.

"What the fuck Alex. You're a creeper." I whined.

Alex always saw right through me, that's why we were so close.

"Please don't tell him, Alex. Please." I begged while trying to figure out a legitimate excuse as to why I lost my phone.

"Spill Em." he said again.

I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest while he turned onto another busy intersection.

"I slept with somebody in Fall Out Boy and all they did was write a song about me and steal my phone..." I said while my mind was still thinking of an excuse.

I heard Alex laugh.

"Pete Wentz is nailing that Ashlee Simpson chick. So that means you did one of the other three hairy men. That's classy." he replied while stopping at a stop sign.

I looked over at him. His blue and gold University of California hoodie rested on-top of his built body. His loose fit dark blue jeans and Nike shoes helped compliment his physique. His stubble from not shaving in a few days stood out against his skin and was even more evident in the light.

"Emily, you know I won't tell. What happened?" he asked, now in a softer tone.

I sighed.

"Fine." I said while I uncrossed my arms and fixed my sunglasses on the bridge of my nose.

"I think I lost it at the beach yesterday." I answered truthfully. It was the truth, just some of it was missing. Alex didn't know about that part just yet, if ever.

"Hm." Alex replied.

I stayed quite and waited for his response.

"When did you go to the beach yesterday?" he asked while turning another corner.

I smiled nervously. I fucking forgot yesterday was a pretty "busy" day.

"Uhm. I took a quick walk last night before I crashed." I replied while looking out the window ignoring Alex's stare.

I heard Alex turn on the SUV's turn signals as I noticed a couple young children playing football in the front yard of some body's house as we were stopped at a red light.

The little boy had short dark brown hair and and a University of California tee shirt that matched Alex's hoodie. His blue jeans were dirty and the football in his arms was muddy.

I smiled at the scene just as the little kid was tackled to the ground by a girl wearing a Hannah Montana tee shirt.

I laughed.

"Look Alex. Mini you is getting beat up by Hannah Montana." I said while pointing out the window.

Alex looked over and smiled.

"Awe. Hey, at least the little fucker is getting some." Alex said while moving back to his seat and going through the now green light.

I laughed in response and hoped he forgot about the missing phone situation.

"One day Emily. When you're 23, lost and don't know what the hell is going on with your life, you're going to wish you were a little girl like her." he said, referring to the little Hannah Montana girl back by the red light.

I smirked.

"Or I'm going to turn into an alcoholic and gain 25 pounds, like some people I know." I said while emphasizing the last five words.

Alex looked over at me and fake smiled.

"Asshole." he said while turning up the volume when Shinedown came on the radio.

I laughed.

"I love you Ektor Varr-something." I said while playfully punching him in his hard shoulder.

"Lies!" Alex yelled sarcastically.

"And I'm sure you're talking about Will anyways. Because I didn't gain 25 pounds bitch. I only gained 22." he said while smirking at me as I stopped smiling when he mentioned Will.

I pouted at his smirking figure, he always mentioned Will whenever this came up. He never wanted to discuss his own issues.

"How is that kid anyways? You fuck him yet?" Alex asked while moving his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

I turned my head away and blushed.

"Jesus Christ Alex." I said while nodding my head at him while a smile formed on my face. Only Alex would ask something like that.

"Do not use his name in vain! My mommy will kick your ass." Alex said while laughing loudly.

I laughed along while the blush disappeared on my face.

"But seriously. When you two have kids, name those fuckers Alexander Ektor Bitches. Alright?" he asked while yelling the last word rather loudly.

I blushed again while laughing.

"We're not even dating asshole. God, go name your own damn kids that." I replied while I noticed the dark clouds moving in again.

I heard Alex laugh amusingly at me.

"It's only a matter of time Em. That kid so wants you. And yes, please make babies Emily. I want somebody to name their kid Alexander Ektor Bitches." Alex said while reaching over to pinch my cheek left cheek.

I smacked his hand away.

"Awe! Look at the blush! Emily and Will sitting in a tree, making babies named Alexander Ektor..."

I smiled and lightly laughed.

"You're such a responsible adult Alex. Encouraging baby making. Haha, Brandon would be so happy about this." I said while the smile was still on my face.

I heard Alex laugh.

"Yes Emily, I'am encouraging you to have massive amounts of sex, because than I'll have little fuckers named after me. Oh yeah." he said while suddenly stopping at a stop sign.

I laughed.

"Go encourage your crazed fans to do that. Not me. I don't want no icky kids named Alex coming out of me." I said while making a face.

"Plus I already promised Marc I'd name my kids Marc Wooka Wolly. So suck it up braceface." I added in while smiling.

"Psh, whatever." Alex said in response.

A comfortable silence came over as I noticed we were headed somewhere downtown.

I groaned.

"I'm not kidding Alex. If you take me to a fucking basketball game I'm going to poison your food."

I heard Alex laugh while turning onto a main road.

"We aren't going to a damn sports event. Now shut up Em. You're going to like this place." Alex said confidently.

I sighed and knew Alex must have something in store if he was so confident about it.

I laid my head against the soft pleather seat and rested my hands on my bare legs. I touched my bruised knee and thought about how much I missed my phone. I didn't realize how addicted I was to it till now.

"Alexander." I whined. I hated long car rides and we had been aimlessly driving downtown for a while.

"Feed me braceface. I want out of this damn ozone-killing box." I said while smiling when Alex frowned.

"I recycle, that's good enough." Alex replied while we passed another busy intersection.

A few more minutes of me whining and a hell of a lot more smartass comments by Alex we had finally entered a parking lot.

I smiled when I saw the sun rays more visible and the smell of rain was still in the air as I stepped out of the SUV.

I stretched and smiled as Alex locked up the SUV and walked towards me.

I noticed several upscale buildings and many fancy cars.

We were standing in front of a 15-foot shiny, black office type building.

I frowned as I noticed the orange rays of dying sunlight reflect off the large glass window panes through my sunglasses.

"Alexander. I will shoot you if you are taking me to the god damn therapists." I stated while walking back towards the car.

I heard Alex run up behind me.

"No! Emily, we aren't going anywhere like that." Alex said while grabbing my arm and tugging me towards the large rotating door that marked the entrance.

I huffed and attempted to let my arm free from his tight grasp which was barely any competition to Alex's built body.

I gave up just as we were fifteen feet away from the glass entrance.

I spied my long legs and wavy hair in the glass next to Alex who was still dragging me. The orange sun rays shone above our heads in the glass.

"Fucking Christ Braceface." I said while punching Alex in the side of his rib cage, which barely effected him.

"Let go off me." I said huskily just as Alex let go of my arm.

I stood on my own and stared coldly at Alex through my sunglasses.

He smirked back.

"The sun is down now Emily. Take those damn things off." Alex said simply while walking towards the entrance.

I groaned and stomped quickly behind Alex.

My feet disapproved against my hissy fit but I followed Alex.

"I swear to God Alex. If this involves somebody with a medical degree I'm going to kill you." I said as I followed Alex through the rotating doors.

"Shut up." Alex whined as we stepped out.

"Shut up." I said while mocking Alex.

He briefly looked behind his back to stare at me for a second.

He raised his eyebrows.

"After tonight you're going to be kissing my ass. So shut it lady." he said while we walked towards the elevators.

The front desk was closed and the security guard quickly smiled at us. He must have known Alex somehow. Hell, Alex knew everybody.

We walked into the chilly elevator as I fought against the goosebumps forming on my bare legs.

I still had on my sunglasses and I walked to the opposite corner from Alex.

He clicked the "Level 12" button and walked towards me.

"Take those damn sunglasses off before I beat yo' ass." he said while messing my hair up.

I frowned.

"Did I ever mention how much I hate you braceface?" I asked before slipping off my shades and placing them in my hoodie pocket.

"Did I ever mention how much I love nachos?" Alex replied while readjusting his hoodie that got messed up while he dragged me away from the SUV.

I frowned at him while fixing my long wavy hair. It was still damp but I didn't care.

I was scared of where Alex could possibly be taking me in a fancy business building like this.

He had always mentioned how he wanted me to get therapy to release my emotions or some shit like that. I was terrified of doctors and did not want to visit a damn shrink.

My heart beat sped up a bit as the elevator doors opened to reveal a vast hallway lined with doors.

"Alex, please. I swear, do not take me to a fucking shrink." I said quietly as I noticed a business woman give us an odd stare before continuing to walk down the hallway.

"Emily." he said softly reassuringly while patting my shoulder.

"I swear I'm not taking you to the crazy office. Now, sh. Calm down. It's fine." Alex said while smiling down at me.

I lightly smiled back.

"Okay." I said while taking a deep breathe in.

"Now, time for the surprise." Alex said while grabbing my left hand and guiding me down the hallway.

I silently followed and calmed down while I wondered why we were here.

"Room 202." Alex muttered to himself as he scanned the doors.

We reached the end of the hallway and Alex let go of my hand.

"Fuck." he said while scanning the doors at the end of the hallway.

I waited patiently beside him while curiously looking around.

The door to my left read "Margaret and Associates" while the opposite door read "Sony BMG".

"Alex?" I asked as he turned around.

"Here, I think he told us the wrong room number." Alex replied while walking towards the elevator again.

"Hold on." I whined as he stopped as I ran up to him.

"Let's go look at the map directory thingy." Alex said while we slowly made our way down the hallway.

I heard a door open behind us as we were a few doors away from the entrance of the floor.

I heard Alex yawn as I heard foot steps behind us.

I quickly looked behind us and stopped dead in my tracks.

"Emily!" I heard a familiar Welsh voice exclaim.