‹ Prequel: You Should Know
Status: Complete

Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands

Coffee's for Closers

Meg and Rob rolled into the hospital around 2 am after traveling all day and night. They were so happy when they walked in and immediately rushed to Emily’s side. It was late and
I decided to head home to either see Gabe or wait for him to come home. I said good-bye to everyone with a hug and a kiss and went on my way home.

When I got home the light in our bedroom was coming down the hall. He was home and it sounded like he was in the shower. I dumped my purse and keys on the table next to the door and locked it behind me. I made my way down the hall and walked into the bathroom.

“I’m home,” I said as I knocked on the counter.

“Are you trying to kill me with a heart attack?” Gabe laughed and I heard him sort of steady himself by putting his hand on the wall.

“Sorry,” I laughed to myself. “Why are you so pissed?” I hopped up on the counter in the bathroom across from the shower.

“I’m not pissed, just busy,” He sighed and shut the shower off.

“You can’t lie to me. I probably know you better than you know yourself,” I chided. I handed him his towel that was next to me on the sink. Gabe wrapped the towel around his waist and stepped out of the shower and walked into the bedroom. “What’s wrong? Talk to me,” I said getting off the counter and following him into the bedroom.

Gabe was silent for a bit and we just stared at each other. I was waiting for him to say something, anything. Finally he sat on the corner of our bed and let out a huge sigh.

“It was supposed to be our baby,” He practically whispered. I went and kneeled at his feet and folded my arms over his knees.

“I know. I know,” I immediately choked up hearing him say it. “I did really well considering everything tonight, but more than anything I wanted us to have our baby too,” I laid my head down on his lap.

“I didn’t mean to snap at you today. It’s not like I didn’t know Emily was having a baby. It’s just in three months we would have had a one-year-old,” Gabe ran a hand through my hair and down to clutch one of my shoulders, he pulled me tighter.

“I think its good us…us waiting,” I started nervously. I didn’t know what he was thinking – did he want to try for a baby now or did he still want to wait? “But, I’d love for a baby now…”

“I don’t want you to be pregnant with me on tour. I wouldn’t even be back by the time you gave birth, I wouldn’t do that…I couldn’t do that,” Gabe pulled on my arms and I stood up in front of him. He took my hands in his and looked up at me.

“We’ll have a baby when we’re ready, when the time is right,” I told him and took my hands back. I put them on the sides of his face and stroked his cheeks with my thumbs.

“I think we’re more ready than ever…when it’s right that is,” Gabe smirked. “Part of me never thought I’d get married, let alone want or have a kid,” He laughed. “but, I found you and when you got pregnant, I didn’t think I could love you more or love another human more than I did you, but I found room to love you both so much. I still feel that way, but I know that I have room for another baby,” Gabe pulled me into his lap.

“Even when you were the nervous, cocky asshole that I first met I knew you had the biggest heart ever. We’ll have our time when it’s right. Everything happens for a reason,” I gave him a kiss and hugged him tight while nestling my head into the crook of his neck.

“I’m not an asshole anymore?” He laughed.

“You’re just not nervous around me anymore,” I laughed. “But, you’re still a cocky asshole,” I kissed his neck.

“That’s it,” He picked me up and threw me on the bed. “Don’t you want this? You know I’m hot?” He mocked cockily kneeling over me.

“God, you are so cocky!” I teased playfully.

“What did they name the baby?” Gabe asked sticking out his chest like a complete asshole.

“Stop being an asshole for one minute,” I propped myself up on my elbows and Gabe got off the bed and put on a pair of boxer briefs before returning to my side.

“They named the baby for us,” I turned to look at him.

“I’m honored! Another Gabriel,” He laughed.

“No. They named him Levi Oliver,” I felt overwhelmed again at the mention of the name.

“Are you serious?” Gabe smiled widely and I nodded. “That’s amazing,” He rolled on top of me and just stared at me. “Are you okay with that?” I could only nod with a smile or I’d start crying again. “Our time will be soon,” Gabe said pushing my hair back off of my shoulders and again I nodded.

“I’m sorry,” I cracked. “I just thought it was so nice for them to do that,” I swallowed the tears.
“Ian let me cut the cord with him as payment for keeping the parents occupied,” I told him.

“Fucking rad, babe,” He laid down on top of me and kissed my neck and face.

“It was pretty crazy,” I laughed as he attacked me.

“I’m sorry about snapping at you. It was just hard. I don’t mean to take things out on you when they’re not your fault,” He said as he looked at me.

“We all have our moments. You are a cocky asshole, so it’s in your nature,” I teased and gave him a kiss.

“I’m offended. I don’t want to be that way,” He smiled. “It’s not happening anymore,” Gabe bit my cheek and laughed.

“It’s so late,” I yawned. “How was the studio? How’s the planning going?”

“It’s good. We’re just working out the kinks. We got the proofs for our banners and stuff and some new t-shirts. They all look so cool.”

“I hope I get a few samples. I did help design those booty shorts.”

“Of course you’ll be wearing those for me before I leave,” He winked and smothered me.

+++

“What is all of this?” Gabe asked as he opened the fridge.

“I went grocery shopping for you guys today,” I smiled as set the timer on the oven for my last batch of cookies I was making for Cobra. Gabe was leaving tomorrow morning for tour and I was a little sad.

“I can’t even get a drink out of here,” he laughed.

“I wanted you guys to have everything you needed. It’s been a bit since you’ve been on tour.”

“You’re crazy,” Gabe said as he gave me a kiss. “But, thank you.”

“Of course! I also brought home your favorite sushi for dinner,” I sighed. I was going to miss him so much.

“I have something for you too,” Gabe disappeared into the spare bedroom.

“I’m scared!” I shouted after him with a laugh.

“Don’t be scared,” He smiled and was holding something behind his back. “Hold out your hands,” He instructed and I did so. Gabe set a manila envelope in my hands.

“What is it?” I was confused.

“Well, open it.”

I opened the envelope and set its contents down on the counter. Inside was an all-access pass for the Fall Out Boy tour and one for their headlining tour, there was a tour schedule and itinerary and four open plane tickets.

“Thank you!” I said excitedly and jumped on him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“I was thinking we could look over the schedule and lock down dates,” Gabe said and lifted me up into arms and set me on the counter.

“We definitely have to do our anniversary. You’re always away,” I pouted a little as I let go of Gabe. He just gave me a kiss and moved to the side of me to look over the schedule.

“That could be your first trip,” Gabe smiled and circled the dates around it. “You can make it a long weekend.”

“Perfect. Then you guys are around her in June, so I’ll come to that show,” I said pointing to the schedule. “And that show,” I was getting excited because it really seemed like I would be able to see him more.

“Then you can come for my birthday in October. Then come to Europe for your birthday,” He said excitedly.

“Yes! But, shouldn’t we leave some trips for your tour?” I asked.

“We can get more tickets,” He smiled and wrapped his arms around me and situated himself between my legs.

“My cookies are done,” I laughed as the timer when off. Gabe went and grabbed the cookies out of the oven, shut it off and put them on the stove and returned to me.

“What exactly did you buy for us?” Gabe asked as he nuzzled into my neck.

“Everything,” I held him tighter. “I got you string cheese, hummus, pita chips, your meatless
jerky in all the flavors you like, a bunch of candy, tequila and vodka and I also got you some fruit for the beginning of the tour. I’m forgetting a lot of stuff, but yeah, all stocked up.”

Gabe and I at sushi and packed him up for tomorrow. I didn’t want to let him go, but I was also so excited for Gabe and the rest of the band; they loved touring. I was excited to see them in their element too, they were amazing and I was so proud.

In the morning we packed up the car and I drove him to the location where the bus was picking them up. I helped him bring everything onto the bus and everyone was so excited to see all the food. I gave them all a hug and kiss and wished them luck.

“I love you,” Gabe scooped me up and squeezed me tight.

“Love you too. Go out there and keep the kids dancing, okay?” I kissed his cheek.

“We will. I’ll call you every night.”

“I’m a rockstar’s wife, I know the deal. We’ll make it work,” I kissed his lips and didn’t want to stop.

“If you’re gonna cheat on me at least send me a picture of the guy first and I’ll approve or disapprove,” He teased.

“What am I gonna do now that Rob is married? I may just stay celibate this time.”

“My wife’s a saint,” He kissed me again and I pushed him toward the bus.”Love you,” He winked.

“Love you too,” I blew him a kiss and waved as the bus rolled away.

After dropping Gabe off I went to the Starbuck’s near my work to finish up a project. I didn’t want to go to my office just yet. I set myself up in the back and pulled out my laptop to start working.

After about an hour I hear a familiar voice and I looked up to see Lucas with the Courtney girl again, but this time she was holding a baby that looked to be about a year old. He was sleeping on her shoulder as Lucas and her talked. I slouched down so they wouldn’t see me, but I could hear everything they were saying too.

It’s been a little over a month since the whole Gabe and Lucas situation and I was hopeful that nothing was going to happen now and Lucas was just taking it like a man. I was thankful for that.

“When am I going to meet this girl? How did Julie take it?” Courtney asked and I kept my eyes down so they wouldn’t notice me.

“I told you that you’ve met her already,” He laughed and ordered their coffees. “And I still haven’t told Julie. It’s not to that point yet.” Clearly Courtney and Lucas were not dating, but who was Julie?

“You talk about her like it’s at that point. I wish she had a name and you weren’t so secretive. You know what happened last time,” She sounded like his mother as they moved to the end of the bar to wait for their drinks.

“Courtney, can you stop lecturing me. It’s secretive because…well, there are complications,” He coughed nervously.

“Is anything not complicated with you Lucas? I hate when you hide things from me. I knew it was complicated when you told me about it three weeks ago,” She sighed, clearly trying to be quiet so not to wake the baby in her arms.

“Court, relax. If it doesn’t work out then you know very little and so does everyone else.”

“What’s the complication? Is she another student?” She asked and they grabbed their coffees.

“Courtney, would you not talk so loud. I work around here,” He seethed and they walked out of the store.

Another student? Is that why he left his other job? Was he fraternizing with a student or was he making advances on a student like he was with me? I felt like a gossip columnist; I needed to know what the story was. I wanted to ignore it, but I couldn’t. I was still looking to get a one up on Lucas, as terrible as that was.

I closed up my laptop and gathered my stuff to head to work. This was going to be a long week. My first week without Gabe and now all these thoughts that were swirling in my head about Lucas, I wasn’t going to be able to concentrate. I was sick and needed to know the deal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to everyone that's reading/subscribing/commenting! It means a lot! I appreciate it!

Comment and let me know what you think! :o)