‹ Prequel: You Should Know
Status: Complete

Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands

Love Today

“I mean, how long can it take to give the diagnosis?” I complained getting restless. Rob had been with the doctor for about forty-five minutes.

“Well, Rob sometimes needs things explained to him like seventeen times and him not being a doctor, I’d multiply that by seven…” Brooks joked taking the edge off. He was so dry all the time.

“He’s right…I mean…Rob’s not stupid, but none of us are doctors. Maybe it’s complicated what they had to go in and do? I’d have a million questions too,” Emily said as she held a content Levi in her arms. He formed to her arms and was just playing with one of his toys.

“I just get nervous…the longer he’s there the worse the diagnosis is,” I fidgeted.

“Hey, man…you okay?” Brooks asked and I looked over and saw Rob, shaken, walking down the hall. I swallowed the tears in my throat as I saw him. I had to keep it together.

“How’s Meg? What’s wrong?” I asked more frantically than I wanted.

“She’s fine…she’ll be fine,” He practically collapsed on the table that was in the middle of the room. He let out a sigh and a laugh of relief. I couldn’t help, but let out a sigh of relief too and I leapt up and hugged him.

“What’s going on?” Emily asked, still sounding unsure. I sat on the table next to Rob and just put my hand on his back to comfort him.

“She had cysts on her ovaries like she has in the past, but she also has a rare uterine fibroid, called a…” He took out a piece of paper that he’d written stuff down on. “It’s a parasitic uterine fibroid and it’s pretty rare and it’s a type of leiomyomas, which is basically just a mass of benign tissue the collects together and develops when a fibroid tumor attaches itself to another organ,” He read it word for word stuttering at the pronunciation of some of the words. His hands were shaking. “We had to make a decision about surgery though.”

“What needed to happen?” I asked.

“They advised us the best route would be to get a hysterectomy,” He choked a bit and my eyes welled up and I reached forward to take Rob’s hand. “But, they told us if we really wanted they could try to do an abdominal myomecctomy. Which will keep her uterus intact and we can still try and get pregnant. It’s an abdominal surgery and she’ll just be here for forty-eight hours. So, that’s what they’re gonna do…” He exhaled deeply.

“So, they went in and did some poking and then realized they needed to do this? And she’ll be fine?” Emily asked rapid fire. Ian was behind her and put his hand on her shoulder for support.

“Yeah, they hoped to go in and do it laparoscopically, but the fibroids are too deep and too big. Meg wanted me with her to make the decision…which…yeah,” He laughed and I had to laugh too she was diving head first into changing her ways. “So, they need to do a small incision and take them out,” A huge wave of relief washed over all of us and we actually started breathing normally when we knew everything was going to be okay.

“No cancer? No funny business?” I asked. I had to.

“Well, they’ll biopsy the tissue, but there is nothing to suggest it’s cancerous at this point. We’re just happy that she won’t have to have a hysterectomy, at least this time. Because she is prone to fibroids, she could develop new ones and have to have the surgery again. I mean there are still risks with this surgery, but…it gives us options.”

“What are the risks?” Emily asked nervously. Rob was clearly still nervous and emotional about everything.

“I get two days of Jello!” Brooks said out of nowhere, cutting Rob’s response off. We all just laughed. I think we needed it, the joke to break the tension.

“There is the possibility of a lot of bleeding, which can result in death. The scarring could also be too much to have kids...like with any surgery, there are risks,” I could sense he was stopping himself so he didn’t sound so pessimistic and nervous about the procedure.

“She’s going to be great and fine. I mean, she’s too much of a bull to not be fine,” Emily assured Rob.

“You’re right...she is a bull,” Rob laughed and relaxed a bit.

We waited with Rob for another hour and then Sean took us all back to his place and we let Rob be there for Meg. We all needed a break from the hospital and Levi needed a real nap in a bed. Sean was so excited to have company over and break in his new pad. I was thankful to be out of the hospital as well. I was exhausted and needed a nap as well. I went into Sean’s guest room that he set up for me and took a nap. Gabe was going to be in at 10 tonight. He was going to fly back as soon as he got off stage. I’d go and pick him up, but I needed a few hours of sleep.

“Sadler…Sadler…” I heard my name being whispered and someone rubbing my arm. I slowly opened my eyes and it was Sean, sitting on the edge of the bed, smiling at me.

“I slept forever, didn’t I?” I yawned and rubbed my eyes to wake myself up.

“No, just for two hours,” He laughed. “I wanted to see if you wanted to eat. We ordered pizza and Joe’s here,” He beamed; Joe was his boyfriend. He had been with Joe since college and I loved him. They were so great together. I hadn’t seen him in ages. The last few times I saw Sean he wasn’t with him.

“Oh, yes,” I stretched and he helped pull me up and to my feet.

“What are you now?” Sean asked as I got my bearings.

“Pregnant wise or in general?” I laughed.

“Months.”

“I’m four and a half months pregnant. I went to the doctor before I came and they moved my date up. I’m due the middle of July instead of August. They are monitoring me closely because I got my period and didn’t think I was pregnant and I was out drinking and stuff, but so far the babies are perfect…but anyway we basically conceived around our anniversary and Gabe’s birthday, which is pretty cool,” I laughed.

“Happy Birthday to him,” Sean smiled and slung his arm around my shoulders as we walked out into the living room.

“There she is!” Joe exclaimed as he got up from the couch and gave me a huge hug. “Bitch, you’re pregnant with twins? I look more pregnant than you,” He squeezed me tight. I just laughed. I was getting some pains in my stomach and I had learned to calm myself down about them. I had to make sure I was in tune with my body and realize that it was just my uterus stretching and the pain would subside in minutes.

“I’ve gained 15 pounds,” I bemoaned. “Speaking of, any pizza left for me?” I looked around at mostly empty pizza boxes.”

“Duh, we’ve got a ton more,” Brooks said from the kitchen and brought in another box as Ian carried away the empty boxes. “Eat up, fatty,” Brooks winked grabbing a slice for him too.

“This is why I never come inside the Isurrender office,” I made a face at him and he just chuckled. “Any word from Rob?” I asked.

“Meg is out of surgery and doing okay,” Emily smiled.

“You don’t know how good that is to hear,” I sunk back on the couch next to Joe and at my pizza.

“When does Gabe get in?” Joe asked.

“He was leaving Detroit at 9:45, so he’ll be here at 10:05. It’s an hour and twenty,” I glanced at the clock, he’d be here in forty minutes.

“I can’t wait to see him again. Last time Sean and I saw him was when they were in Toronto and he put us on the guest list…what was that like two years ago, babe?” Joe asked Sean who was cleaning up the kitchen a little with Ian.

“Yeah, it was when he asked us to come to Sadler’s birthday.”

“That was the best gift ever! I got to see you and I got to see Mike…It was amazing,” I ate my pizza quickly. “Should we leave soon?” I asked after swallowing a huge piece of crust.

“Yeah, finish that up and we’ll head out,” Sean said and went and collected his keys and my coat from the other room.

I finished up my slice and I grabbed my coat from Sean. I was so excited to go and get Gabe. I had just seen him, but it wasn’t enough time. I was also excited that Meg was going to be okay and I could go ahead with my surprise. I was beyond excited about the surprise and I was totally going to make Gabe cry. I smiled to myself and finished buttoning up my coat.

“Be back soon gang!” Sean announced and I followed him out and to his car.

We waited at the gate for Gabe and I bounced around. Sean and I chatted and caught up a bit. It was nice to be spending time with him. I had missed him. We could go years without seeing each other and not skip a beat. We made plans for him to come and visit us in New York.

“There’s the love of my life,” Gabe smiled and came and picked Sean up into his arms. I should have known.

“Give our surrogate a hug too, Gabriel,” Sean teased.

“My other love,” He sighed and smiled at me before hugging and kissing me. “How’s Meg?” He asked as we parted. I kept my arms around him for a moment before letting him go and just taking his hand so we could get out of the airport.

“She’s going to be fine. Rob said she was sleeping and recovering well. How was the show?” I asked smiling at him. I was so giddy to have him with me.

“It was so amazing…a great crowd and a great way to end tour. I gave Nate keys to drop off the rest of my shit and told him he could stay for a few days, that cool?” Gabe asked me.

“Of course…he could move in if he wanted,” I laughed.

“He could be a nanny,” Sean said matter-of-factly. Gabe just laughed.

“I’d trust him with the babies,” I looked at Gabe.

“Me too, but I also know Nate isn’t looking to be a nanny in his off time.”

“You never know. If he needs to stay longer he can since we’ll be away. I brought everything you’ll need for our rendez-vous,” I told him and he held my hand tighter.

“Thanks, love.”

We got back to Sean’s apartment and we all hung out together. Gabe was in his glory with Sean and Joe, he was practically their other boyfriend. I clung to him the entire night. Maybe it was the hormones or the impending surprise, but I just wanted to have him near me, touching me. Gabe didn’t seem to mind either and when he wasn’t giving attention to his boyfriends was completely with me, it was nice.

“I was thinking we could go and see Meg in the morning before we head out?” I asked as we settled in on Joe and Sean’s pullout couch to go to bed.

“Absolutely. What time did Lipski get everything arranged for? I just totally didn’t even think about that,” He laughed as he rubbed my stomach lovingly.

“It’s at 4:15. I’m thinking we can go to the hospital around 11 and find out what we’re having, swing up and see Meg and still have plenty of time to come back and get our stuff and get to the airport.”

“You’re full of surprises this week,” He sighed and kissed me.

“That’s not the last of my surprises either. Just some stuff for you to show you how much I love you. How much I am thankful for you...after this year I owe it to you,” I laughed rolling over as much as I could to lay on Gabe’s chest. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt safe.

“You don’t owe me a thing...I love you and I’m glad we pulled through everything. We’ve been tested so many times and every time the only thing I know is I love you and that’s enough to know we’ll get through it,” Gabe squeezed me gently.

“Did you steal a page out of Rob’s book or what?” I teased with a laugh.

“That guy is so good,” I shimmied up so I could kiss him properly.

The next morning we were all up early. Levi was up and ready to get going at 8 and we had all settled in around 3, so suffice it to say we needed something to wake us up. I got up and showered and made sure everything was packed and ready for Gabe and I to just grab and go once we got back from the hospital.

I was nervous and excited all at the same time about the ultra sound. I was hoping we’d be able to see what we were having. I would be happy that Gabe would be able to finally see and hear the babies, but I can’t lie, I’d be totally disappointed if we couldn’t find out the sex. We both agreed that we wanted to know- neither of us were good at waiting on something like that. Part of me wanted to keep it a secret in case something happened. I didn’t want to know and get all excited and then know what I was losing. I wasn’t obsessed with disaster striking, but it was always there in the back of my mind. I think that’s normal for someone who’s lost a child before or at least that’s what I’ve been told and want to believe. I can’t get worked up that my thoughts are all wrong or it’ll make me a little more anxious and crazy.
I wanted for Gabe to finish up in the bathroom and we were all going to go to the hospital. Everyone else would go and see Meg and Gabe and I would go to our appointment and then we’d meet up with them afterward.

“I bet we’re going to have two girls,” Gabe said as he came out of the bathroom with a toothbrush hanging out of his mouth.

“Why do you say that?” I asked readjusting myself on the edge of the guest bed. Emily, Ian and Levi had their routine down and were up, showered and ready by 8:30 and let us use the room and bathroom. I envied their routine and how they were able to juggle everything. I hoped Gabe and I would be as good as they were.

“Because...it’ll make up for what we lost if we get it in double...”

“I actually though that too...” I said losing my voice a bit. I had thought it, but it was hard to hear out loud. “I hope we get a girl...”

“If we don’t get a girl we will try and try till we get one,” Gabe smiled as he went back into the bathroom to finish brushing his teeth.

“Even if we have to have like 12 kids? You better work overtime and I’m going to get 17 jobs.”

“I mean...12 kids is a little much. If we have to we can adopt a little girl,” He said sounding so positive and comforting.

“Or we can dress one of our boys like a girl?” I suggested.

“Then he’ll grow up to be just like his dad,” Gabe laughed and shut the light out in the bathroom before coming over to me.

“That’s true...but at least he’ll be hot and some girl that like androgynous men will be very happy,” I teased.

“Very happy,” Gabe kissed me and then pulled me up off the bed.

When we arrived at the hospital I was so nervous. My hands were so clammy. Gabe tried to hold my hand, but I pulled away. I didn’t want him to be disappointed in how nervous I was. I tried to put up the front that I was okay and that I wasn’t thinking the worst.

“We won’t go on our trip if you don’t relax,” Gabe said without missing a beat. He sat calmly next to me flipping through a magazine.

“How are you so relaxed?”

“Because it’s our time. You have to feel that too, right?” He set down the magazine in his lap and looked at me; scanning me up and down from my fidgeting fingers to my tapping foot and my most likely flushed face.

“I do...” I gulped. “I do, but it’s so overwhelming that it feels too good to be true...I’m sorry. I was trying to be strong and not think about it, I really was,” I didn’t think about it as much as I could have. I was really trying.

“I know...I felt that way too when you first told me. I had no doubt in my mind when you told me we were pregnant and even when you thought there were complications that this was our time and we were finally going to have kids. And for a second. I mean a split second I thought...is this too good to be true? I then shook it and was like ‘fuck no! Me and my girl got this. We’re gonna have our babies.’ I am so confident,” He smiled and slung and arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him.

“You’re right, you are so very right.” I tried to shove all the anxiety down. We deserved some great news. We needed it.

“Sadler Saporta?” I heard my name called and Gabe and I both leapt up.

“Doctor Zink? What do you make hospital calls now?” Gabe laughed as he shook Dr. Zink’s hand.

“Well, Sadie called me about a recommendation for a doctor out here and it just so happened that I had a conference in California this week. I made a special stop for you guys,” He smiled.
I felt more at ease now. I wasn’t sure if Dotcor Zink was actually going to be able to be my doctor today, but seeing him made me feel a lot better.

“Thank you so much for being here,” I smiled at Gabe and he kissed the top of my head as we followed Doctor Zink to our exam room.

“It’s my pleasure. How was tour, Gabe? You excited to see these babies?” He asked as he shut the door behind us. I went and sat on the table and Gabe sat next to me as Doctor Zink prepared his station.

“Tour was good, but I’m so glad to be home. I hated being away while from Sadler while she’s pregnant,” He said as he crossed his legs and got comfortable next to me. “And I am ready and excited to see these babies. We better be able to see their junks,” Gabe joked.

“Oh god,” I laughed at Gabe.

“Well, hopefully the babies are in place to see their junk,” I just laughed. Doctor Zink came over with a blood pressure cuff and a stethoscope to take my blood pressure. “We’re just gonna take your blood pressure and check your heart. I know you were weighed the other day when I saw you. I won’t subject you to that again,” He teased as he put the cuff around my arm.

“I had a little nervousness about my weight,” I told Gabe. I didn’t tell him about my freakout because it was dumb. “I thought I was supposed to be fatter,” I admitted.

“She’s the first woman to freakout out on me for being right on target. She debated me on that,” Doctor Zink let out the pressure from the cuff. “Blood pressure is great. A little elevated, but I am positive it’s just nerves. I’m gonna just listen to your heart really quick,” He breathed on the stethoscope to warm it up for me before putting it just under my shirt to listen to my heart. “Deep breaths for me,” He instructed and moved to listen from my back. “Everyone sounds healthy,” He smiled and put his stethoscope and cuff back on the small countertop in the room. I was relieved.

“You want to lay on back?” I scooted back off the edge of the table and laid back a bit.

Doctor Zink rolled up my shirt and I unbuttoned my pants a bit so he could place the paper to protect my pants and shirt from the gel. I looked to my side and Gabe was lit up like a Christmas Tree. He was so excited and I just put my hand out for his and he took my hand and kissed it before resting my hand back on the table at my side.

“Alright, like I have to tell you, but the gel is gonna be a little cold,” Doctor Zink said as he rolled up in his stool to my side and squeezed some gel on my stomach.

“They haven’t come up with a gel warmer yet?” I joked nervously.

“Sadly, no. I mean in this day in age you would think. Let’s see what we got here,” He said and started to run the wand through the gel and around my stomach. “The heartbeats sound great. How have you been feeling?”

“I’ve been really good actually. I mean I was sick for a month or so, but now I’m feeling good. I am a little more drained than last time, but I’m carrying two babies instead of one, so I guess that’s expected. I am trying to eat as healthy as possible too,” I just wanted to see the babies and know what we were having. I didn’t want to chit chat as much as I loved Doctor Zink.
“Good. I’m glad. Are you still taking the vitamins?”

“Yes, everyday. They help for sure...I think the anxiety of Gabe being away hasn’t helped either, so I am sure things will be better now.”

“Oh, here we go,” He said and Gabe and I both whipped our heads to stare at the screen. “They look amazing. I looked at your placenta and everything looks great there. We have fraternal twins going on here,” He moved his wand around as he talked and Gabe and I just stared.

“What do we have doc? Can you tell?” Gabe asked impatiently.

“If you look right here,” He said pointing on the screen. “We have one of the babies head and it looks great and there’s the other one right there, both look great,” He had pauses as he searched and that made me nervous. “They are turned toward each other. Are you starting to feel them move a bit?”

“Yeah, they’ve been pretty active lately.”

“If you look here, we’ll call this baby Baby A...and Baby A looks to have a penis. See between the legs here?” He pointed out.

“Is it wrong to say that my baby is hung already?” Gabe was practically on top of my leaning over to see the screen and his sons penis.

“Trust me, I’ve had fathers say stranger things about their unborn children,’ He laughed.

“What about Baby B?” I asked with a huge smile. We were having a boy.

“Baby B seems to be in a perfect position too. Baby B is...a…”He moved the wand around more to get a better look. “Baby B is a girl. You have got a set!” He smiled.

“We got our girl and a boy,” I cried to Gabe. I looked over to him and he had tears in his eyes too, which made me well up even more.

“They’re beautiful,” He forced a smile and gave me a kiss.

“Congratulations you two,” Doctor Zink sounded just as excited about our babies as we were. He handed me a print out of the sonogram and then began to wipe off my stomach.

“Thank you. Thank you again for coming…” I was sobbing now. I was so emotional. “Blaming this on the hormones,” I laughed.

“You are very welcome. You are also clear to fly. Everything looks great!”

I sat up and pulled my shirt down and buttoned my pants and then hopped off the table. I was so relieved and hopeful now. Everything was looking good and maybe this was too good not to be true.

“Have a safe and fun trip guys and I’ll see the both of you when come back,” Doctor Zink said as we started for the door. Gabe gave him a huge hug and I just smiled. He put up a good front, but he was just as nervous as I was. I gave Doctor Zink a hug and Gabe and I headed out of the room and we were now off to see Meg.

“A boy and a girl, really?” Gabe was in disbelief. I didn’t know what to do or feel. I wanted to shout from the rooftops how happy I was. I was giddy and I needed to get it out of my body.

“I love you,” I stopped us in our track and threw my arms around Gabe’s neck and just held him tight.

“Love you too,” He squeezed me tightly and I couldn’t wait to go on our trip.

“I can’t wait to tell everyone,” I said wiping my face.

“Me either. Let’s go tell Rob and Meg and see how she’s doing.”

We made our way through the hospital practically skipping hand in hand. We made our way to where Meg was recovering and to her room. Everyone was still in there as we walked into the room. They all turned and looked at us as we walked in; waiting for the news.

“So…” Rob asked excitedly. He was laying in bed next to Meg who was awake, but you could tell she was drugged up. She had a silly smile on her face.

“We are having…” I looked to Gabe with a huge smile.

“We’re having a girl and a boy!” Gabe shouted excitedly.

“Oh my god!” Emily shouted. She handed Levi to Ian and ran over to give me a hug. “Congratulations!”

“Thank you!” I laughed. “How’s my sister?” I asked as Emily and I parted and went to her side, with Gabe in tow.

“I’m amazing...I mean morphine is so good,” She laughed lazily.

“If you get Percs after you’re out of here you gotta save me some,” Gabe said as he pushed past me to lay next to Meg on the other side of her.

“I’ll save you some for sure,” She smiled and patted Gabe’s head that he rested on her shoulder. “Congratulations on the babies. We better be God parents if you know what’s good for you!”

“Well, we have two kids, so clearly one of them will be lucky to have you.”

“When can you go home?” I asked sitting next to the bed.

“They’ll release me in two days and then Sean is going to put me up for a week and then we’ll fly home. They don’t want me flying for a bit because of clotting and you know me...I’d rather not drive all the way home. It also gives me an excuse to catch up with Sean and Joe,” She smiled.

“I’m so glad you are okay,” I admitted.

“Me too. Me too. What time is your flight?”

“4:15...We gotta go in a few to get our bags and get to the airport.”

“Why so early? Can’t we get there like an hour before?” Gabe asked.

“Well they say to be there three hours early, right?” I tried to turn it back around on him. I didn’t want him to ruin the surprise.

“For international flights, but not domestic.”

“I’ll just feel better if I can get there and settle in and relax.”

“Okay, whatever makes you feel better, love,” He smiled at me as he sat in his glory on the bed with Meg and Rob.

We stayed for a few more minutes and then Sean took us back to the apartment to grab our bags. Gabe ran up and brought them down while Sean and I waited in the car.

“Thank you so much for having us and taking us to the airport Sean,” I hugged Sean tightly as he dropped us off at the airport.

“Of course. I can’t wait to come and see you two in the city and see the babies. Sean is a beautiful boys name,” Sean said as we parted.

“We’ll keep that in mind, bro,” Gabe said and gave Sean a hug too.

“Have a safe trip!” Sean winked and Gabe and I took our bags and walked into the airport.

“So, which one is our flight? Are you sure it’s 4:15?” Gabe asked as he looked up at the departures .

“Yes, it’s 4:15...to Washington.”

“Why Washington? We couldn’t get a direct flight to Florida?” Gabe asked almost annoyed. “I told Lipski to make sure we had a direct flight so you’re not up and down in the air so much.”

“Well, Lipski didn’t book the flights...I did...We’re not going to Florida.” I smiled deviously at him and started walking toward our desk to check in.

“Where are we going then? What happened to my plans to take you away?” Gabe walked fast to catch up with me.

“You’ll need this,” I said and pulled out Gabe’s passport and gave it to him. “Nate made sure to leave it for Sean today before he left,” I told him as I saw him trying to figure out how I got his passport. He had given it, along with all of his tour gear to Nate. I made sure Nate didn’t bring it home and he dropped it by the hospital this afternoon before heading back to New York.

“Why do I need my passport?”

“You would have needed it anyway. We would have been screwed if you let Nate take it home,” I commented as we stood in line to check our luggage and check in for our flight.

“They said I didn’t need it when I talked to the travel people. I didn’t want to lose it that’s why I sent it home.”

“You know how crazy everything has been since we got married?” I asked turning to him as we waited.

“Yes. I seem to remember some crazy times these past...almost three years,” He laughed.

“What’s the one thing that you have missed out on the last three years?”

“Sex?” He teased.

“Besides that,” I rolled my eyes. “And somehow a lack of sex got me pregnant, but whatever,” I teased.

“I’ve missed out on nothing, seriously.” He cupped my face and just stared at me like only he could.

“What about your New Years tradition? Don’t you miss that?” I questioned.

“Of course I miss New Years and my family, but you’re my family now.” He gave me a kiss.

“Stop being so sappy,” I moved forward in the line. “I feel like I’ve kept you from that...I’m sorry.”

“You have not kept me from anything. They know the situation and after the babies are born we will go there for a bit.”

“What about going there now?” I asked.

“Shut up,” He laughed. “If you weren’t pregnant I’d playfully punch you in the face, but people would report me if I did.”

“You wouldn’t be able to punch me even if I wasn’t pregnant because you love me and because you would not want to mess up this beautiful face,” I framed my face with my hands.

“Seriously, stop. This trip is going to be fun and we’ll just relax,” Gabe said totally not getting that I had rearranged our entire trip to go to Uruguay to visit his family. His grandmother was so excited and adorable. I loved her and she was very excited to see me and my pregnant stomach.

“No, seriously...we’re going to definitely relax, but in Uruguay for two weeks,” I laughed.

“Get out of here…” He was floored yet again and speechless. I still had it!

“Your family is so excited to see us. It’s been three years and they did not let me forget that,” I said dramatically and moved up again in line.

“I am so fucking excited!” Gabe didn’t know what to do with himself. I laughed.

“I’m glad! I’m excited too. I missed your family too.”

“I...thank you,” Gabe was choked up and he hugged me tightly and kissed me over and over again.

“You’re welcome,” I laughed. “Your grandmother is so excited to see you and my stomach,” I told him.

“I still can’t believe it. I am so excited right now!” He bounced around as much as he could in line. I had done good; I smiled to myself.

“It was so hard to keep this from you,” I felt relieved now that it was out. “Lipski helped me cancel everything you had planned, which I totally appreciated and was excited for, but then I got to thinking how good you’ve been to me and how I’ve sent you care packages and you got me a trip. I felt like a horrible wife,” I rambled.

“Um, hello, you gave me twins,” He teased.

“Well you sort of gave me them too, right?” I laughed. “And I wanted to do something super nice for you and I know you’ve been bummed about not getting to Uruguay these last few years and your grandmother calls all the time and we got to talking about visiting. I consulted the docs and here we are,” I gestured by spreading my arms out.

“We’re going to have so much fun. You’re going to be spoiled by my family. Gram’s is in love with you and she’s going to stuff you full of food.”

“I know! I can’t wait for her cooking,” I said rubbing my belly.

“What are we going to name them?” Gabe asked out of the blue as we edged up more in line and were next.

“That was a quick transition in topics.”

“I have like all these things I’m excited about.”

“Well, I liked your idea of adding Jack into the mix, like a middle name...and since we’re having a boy, it sort of works out perfectly.”

We were interrupted as we were called up to the counter. We checked in and made our way to our gate to sit and relax for a bit. Gabe went and grabbed us some food and we waited. I was excited and a little nervous for the trip. The doctors said the trip would be fine and I shipped water down for me to drink while I was there, but I was still nervous. I knew everything would be fine though. We were on a winning streak and it was all meant to be this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the delay. I really want to finish this story and I am committed to that. So thank you to those that have stuck with me. I appreciate you all so much! I really hope it won't take me forever to complete the next chapter. I am thinking I have two or three chapters left till it's wrapped up.

Thank you again so very, very much! xoxo