Status: I have no idea when I'll update again. I haven't gotten the right ending quite yet...

Sunsets Never Were So Bright and The Skies Never So Blue

"So, Was He Cute?"

I rode the rest of the way disoriented and in a daze. When I got home Amory still wasn't back from whatever party/date/concert she was at. I took comfort in knowing that I would only have to tell my story once, only at breakfast with Tuesday, and with Amory present.

I went to the answering machine to playback the messages, nope, no messages again. Then I went to the fridge and grabbed a Cherry Coke Zero, and took it with me upstairs.

I put my purse and shoes away in my room, then I shimmied out of my jeans, shrugged out of my jacket and grabbed my bag of toiletries and walked down the hall to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and stripped down the rest of the way and stepped into the tub. I let the hot water relax my tense muscles. The events that occurred in the last few hours were on constant repeat in my mind, settling on the kiss that still lingered on my lips. I grew skeptical, there's no way that tonight actually happened. I must have been dreaming.

But then I remembered how we closed the night, with a kiss that was unforgettable, impossible to imagine. I wasn't that good at conjuring these things up. My thoughts lingered on how in sync we were, the way our lips moved together and our heartbeats the same. HIs kiss so gentle and soft but eager for more, and mine wee identical to his. That made me smile. Then we could walk away without it being too awkward.

I had tons of emotions running through me, coursing through my veins. I decided to turn off the water so I wouldn't run up the bill, again. I wrapped my hair turban style and slipped on my leopard-print terry clothe robe, brushed my teeth, and when I was done I grabbed my bag of toiletries and walked back down the hall my to bedroom.

Without thinking I turned on my iHome The Maine's Everything I Asked For played. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard John's voice. How just a little less than an hour ago it was directed to me. Just then I heard Amory opening the door downstairs.

"Hello?"

"Hey, up here." I answered still laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, I'll tell you later but it probably won't make any sense to you."

"So, how was your date? Was he cute?" Of course she wanted to know what he looked like :)

"It was...good. He was unbelievably cute, NO!, hot! " I gushed

"What happened?!" shit now she was interested, I'd have to throw her off.

"I'll tell you tomorrow at breakfast, it's a long story and I don't want to have to repeat it more than necessary."

"Ugh! Come on Tina!! Tell me some details, I'm dying here!"

"Well, what about your night? What did you do?" There that should do it, I thought to myself.

"It was awesome!" I let her tell me everything from what she drank to who she danced with. l encouraged her to go on with her story so she wouldn't flip the subject on to my night.

"Okay, I'm gonna go to bed now." Amory stated.

" 'Kay you want me to wake you up in the morning?"

"Uh, what time are we meeting up with Tuesday?"

"Eight."

"In the morning?!"

"Well it is breakfast, what time did you think we'd go?"

"I don't know. But yeah, go ahead and wake me up."

"Alright see ya in the morning, Bon Nuit."

"Bon nuit." She replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
A shorter chapter...I;m writing the next one.