Status: I have no idea when I'll update again. I haven't gotten the right ending quite yet...

Sunsets Never Were So Bright and The Skies Never So Blue

Lunch Date and Surprise!

"Okay, does this look alright?!" I asked for the millionth time.

"You look fine, for the billionth time!" Amory said trying to reassure me, it wasn't working. My stomach was in knots, and the butterflies were trapped inside.

"I settled for my skinny jeans, black Vans, and neon green v-neck. I threw on some bangles, my favorite star ring, small hoop earrings, and my peace sign necklace.

"There. That's better. Right?" I asked, still nervous.

"You look hot okay? Better then better. Even if on the off chance you didn't look great it wouldn't matter because he'll be here, like, any minute." Tuesday shouted at me while I walked down the hall to the bathroom.

"Oh my god! He's here!" Amory squealed, as she was peaking out the window.

Knock, knock, knock

I took a deep breath, let it out and pooped a piece of gum into my mouth. I grabbed my phone and stuffed it into my back pocket with some money, a few extra pieces of gum in the other pocket, and my favorite lip gloss paired with it. I hated to bring my purse so this is why my pockets were always so busy.

Tuesday went downstairs to answer the door.

"Hey John." She greeted him with a smile.

"What's up Tuesday?"

"Nothing, just helping one of my best friends get ready to go on a date with my other best friend, which reminds me, TINA!" She yelled up the stairs at me.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. I walked down the stairs with Amory trailing behind me. "Hey."

"Hey, what's up?

"Nothing. Oh, this is my best friend Amory, and of course you know Tuesday."

"Hey nice to meet you." He flashed one of his award winning smiles.

"Nice to meet you too."

"You ready?"

"Yep, I'll see you guys later."

"Okay, see ya." They said, in unison again.

"When we got to the truck he opened the door for me. I got in took a deep breath and caught the scent of his cologne, causing me to become a little dizzy. He climbed into the driver's side. I started the conversation, I'm not very good with awkward silences.

"So what did you do yesterday?"

"You mean after my nap?" He laughed, "I hung out with some old friends, uh, Max, Rex, Aaron, Eric."

"Sounds like fun. Wait, Eric Halverson?"

"Yeah, you know him?" He asked curious how I knew his last name.

I blushed, "He's from A Rocket To The Moon..." I trailed off.

He laughed, "You want to meet 'em. Cause you know I have a history with most of that band."

"Yeah, that'd be rad. So are you gonna tell me where we're going or is it still a surprise?"

"A surprise."

"Okay, I guess I can live with that."

We ate lunch and surprisingly we still had stuff to talked about. He asked more about my family and where I grew up. What were some of my favorite memories. I asked him the same questions, just rephrased. I was thinking of every question possible just to keep him talking, to hear his voice.

When we got back into his truck to leave I asked him, once more, where we were going. He still wouldn't give it up. So I sat looking out the window, watching house after house go by, and singing to the occasional song. Then we pulled into a parking lot with a row of small bulidings, like private offices, and there were a few cars in the parking lot.

"What's this?" I asked, clearly confused.

"Your surprise." He stated like it was so obvious.

"Well I kinda got that. But what is it?"

"Your surprise is inside, but still you're gonna love it." He grinned at my baffled expression.

We walked inside and there were five other people in a room with a bunch of instruments, cords, and microphones. They all turned around when they heard us walk in. One by one I recognized each face: Pat Kirch, Garrett Nickelsen, Jared Monaco, Kennedy Brock, and Tim Kirch, the other members of The Maine and their manager. I could feel the disbelief wash over me, I'm definitely dreaming.

Pat got up and said, "Hi I'm Pat." Then gave me a hug, he was so skinny I was afraid that I might hurt him if I hugged back.

John introduced me to everyone, "Tina this is Garrett, Jared, Kennedy, Tim, and now you know Pat." He grinned. "Guys, this is Katrina, Tina for short."

"Hey what's up?" They all said at different times.

I smiled shyly, "Hey."

"So now that you're here we can get started." Tim said

"You get to watch us practice, you can call Tuesday and Amory so that you're not just sitting here with Tim."

"What's wrong with sitting with me?" Tim joked.

"Everything." John replied.

"Yeah, I'll go do that." I get to watch The Maine practice!

Then he kissed me on the cheek and went into the room.

"Oooww!" All the guys said, they obviously saw our exchange. I flushed scarlet, and saw as John gave them a dirty look then looked away.

"Don't worry about them, they mess around a lot." Tim said, trying to reassure me.

"Oh. I'm not. Boys will be boys." I smiled at him. As I walked out the door they started practicing.

I went outside to call home, Tuesday was bound to still be there hanging out with Amory.

"Hello?"

"Hey, A. Can I talk to Tuesday?"

"Yeah. But first, what's going on? Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine. More than fine. Now.. Tuesday?"

"Hold on."

I waited a few seconds than heard the light, airy sound of my friend's voice, "Tina?"

"Hey can you come out to The Maine's practice spot?"

"Do you need to get picked up? Are you okay> Did John mess with you?!"

"No, no. Nothing like that. I just need someone to hang with while they're practicing."

"Oh," she sounded surprised, "yeah I'll be right there."

What's wrong? Is she okay? I heard Amory say to Tuesday's response to my question.

"Go ahead and let her come. She's gonna owe me."

"Ha ha ha. Okay, I'll tell her."

"I'll see ya in a few."

"Yeah see ya soon."

Whew! That's a relief, I won't have to sit all alone with Tim while he/I try to make conversation. About twenty minutes later Tuesday and Amory were at my side. When we got inside John smiled, he kept stealing glances at me with the crooked smile that I loved glued to his face. I couldn't help but mimic his expression. Every once in awhile Tuesday would nudge me or look at me and I'd just smile at her, and I knew that she could tell that I was more than satisfied.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a longer one, I actually cut some stuff out of it. It's gonna get better, trust me ;)