Love Knows No Bounds.

Chapter 3.

My eyes were still sore from last night. It was hard to apply eyeliner on. The redness was gone, but the pain was still there. My mother kept yelling and yelling at me. She brought me down. She scolded me about my grades,looks,room, everything! She didn't stop. Anything that was even slightly incorrect or bothersome she would blame someone for it. It was unbearable. She becamse a little physical too, but it wasn't as bad as the other times.

I was very angry, but it didn't show much.

Many people say if you're abused when you're young, you will abuse others when you're older. I tried my best not to fight or hurt others because I never ever want to be like my mother in any way. I hated her so much. I wish she would just stay out of my life and leave my dad and me alone.

My mother wasn't only abusive, she was also racist and prejudice. She was a stereotype too and an awful hyprocrite.

It was lunch time. I was heading out of the school to the bridge. I needed to spend some time at the place I love.

Suddenly, some fucked up prep tripped me.

I didn't fall down because I balanced against a wall.

"Oh. I'm sorry, Miss Emo."

"Watch where you're going!"

"Go fuck a cow-whore!"

[Preps can't make a diss to save their life.]

"I'm not interested in having sex with you."

She slapped me and I slapped her back. We started a fight and everybody came to see. I was winning.

The guidance counciler came and broke it up. We both got a detention. We were left off pretty easy.

The guidance counciler brought me to her office to talk to me after.

"Jaden..."

I was staring at the ground. My hair were covering my eyes which were underlined with a small line of darkness. I've had these dark lines under my eyes since I was in grade four. That's when I started to lose some sleep tihnking about my violent mother. Those nights were filled with hidden tears.

"Jaden, look at me."

I didn't move.

I heard her sigh.

"Jaden, I think you should be a bit more social. I've noticed that you only have some really good friends, but it would be nice if you some more. Get use to people. Know how to react in these kind of situations. Do you understand?"

To tell you the truth, I was scared of making friends with a lot people. If they get too close and then they have to leave, it's just hard to take. Also I'm scared, the people I love can hurt me more than anything...

"You can leave now and remember you have an hour detention after school."

I left quietly.

I was sitting alone in the detention rom. I was listening to Blvd. Of Broken Dreams. Music always made me feel better. It was sort of my healer and I love it. Music always understood what I was going through.

I was also writing poems in my notebook. I would then later turn them into songs.

As I was starting a new poem, in walked a dark haired guy. Kind of cute. He was listening to his iPod. He was escorted in by the vice-principal.

"Now, you stay here for one hour and then you can leave."

He quickly sat down in the seat diagonal from me.

It was suddenly quiet again.

Then I noticed my iPod wasn't on. It ran out of batteries.

"Nice. Just nice," I whipsered to myself.

I needed music to power my inspiration for my poems. I really wanted to finish the poem I just started. I hate leaving things unfinished.

I turned around.

"Hey, do you have Boulavard Of Broken Dreams on your iPod by any chance?"

"Yeah. Why?" he asked kindly.

"Do you mind if I borrow your iPod to listen to it for a little?"

"Sure," he answered without hesitation nor suspicion.

He passed me his iPod and I took it with caution.

"I haven't seen you around much, are you new?"

"Yeah. I just got here this morning. I'm Daniel."

"What class are you in? I'm Jaden, by the way."

"I'm in Mr.Rhing's class."

I froze.

"Gan-," I stopped. " You mean rap class?"

"Yeah. What class are you in?"

"I'm in Mr.Armstrong's class. Rock class."

This was strange. He liked rock music. Why would he be in rap class? Right now, I didn't care much. He was a nice guy.

"So how'd you get here? What'd you do?"

"Oh, I was in a fight. Again."

He gave a small laugh.

"How 'bout you?" I asked back.

"I got into a fight too."

"What happened was some big guy in my class started saying how I shouldn't be in his class because I listened to rock and pop too. And also because I wore clothes like this."

He pointed to his black sweater and baggy, black jeans.

I just noticed how cute his little smile was and how adorable that his hair only went down to his eyes. It made me want to come up close and wipe them aside to see his gray eyes. His eyes, I saw, could be warm and cold. They could look up at you with blazing heat or they could freeze you with a glare.

"I just told him to shut up and then he punched me. Then we just started to fight."

"Each day there is at least one fight," I replied with a small smile.

"Why's that?"

"Well, one student messes with another student from another class and they just start something. They don't like each other. There are three main gangs. The rockeres, preps, and gangsters. You know, like the Crips and the Bloods, but concerning music."

"How retarded..."

"Well, we think each other's music is pretty horrid."

"Do you think that?"

The vice-principal walked in and said it was okay for us to leave.

Daniel and I quickly walked out of the school.

"Well, I have to go now."

"Okay. Maybe I'll show you around town sometime."

"That would be great. Thanks."

"Okay, well, see you later."

"Bye."

Then I walked off.