We're Crazy, They're Gorgeous, This Might Just Work.

Why Now?

The boys let go of us and we walked in front of them to stand next to each other. We must have had grim looks on our faces because Josh started to walk toward Scar and said

“Hey, you don’t have-” Scar held up her hand to stop him while I said

“Yes.”

“We do.” Scar finished for me. We turned toward each other and said

“Alright rock, paper, scissors. Winner tells beginning and loser tells death.”

“On three. 1…2…3!” Scar held out paper while I held out rock.
“Same results as always.” I muttered under my breath. No matter what I picked, she always won. So far, we’ve only told a few people… right before we killed them. This time would be different.

“Discard all weapons Scar.” She nodded and we both started pulling off the weapons we had concealed on our selves.

“Why are you doing this?” Josh asked gesturing to all the weapons on the floor.

“Because we usually tell this story right before we kill someone… it’s an instinct to shoot as soon as we’re done, and I don’t know what we would do if we hurt either of you.” Scar explains. Damian walks up to me and pulls me away.

“Hey, slow down for a second. Are you okay?” I give him one short not looking into his eyes.
He sighs, kisses my forehead, and starts helping me take off the weapons. Five minutes later we counted twenty-five weapons each, stored them in a safe, walked inside, ,got comfy, and were about to start. Scar and I were standing while Josh and Damian were sitting. Scar opened her mouth to start but was cut off by Josh. Both of the boys got up, walked over to us, pulled us to the couch, sat down, and pulled us down on top of them. We all adjusted so we were comfortable. Damian was sitting on a lazy boy with my legs over his. His arm was around my waist as if protecting me from the world. Scar and Josh were in a similar position.

“Okay, now you can start.”

“Where and I starting, Rave? We have more time than we normally do.”

“The beginning, start at the beginning. The beginning of everything.”

“Two years before we were born our parents worked for the government. They specialized in training soldiers. Soon they were both at the top of the charts. The government was toying with the idea of a training camp to make the perfect soldier. They decided to try it and see what would happen. Our parents were assigned to set it up and run it. A year and four months later everything was up and running great. The perfect facility, perfect staff, and the perfect participants. Our mother then got pregnant and everything just got better and better. Eight and a half months later two identical twins were born. Except they weren’t really identical, they were mirror images of each other. They concluded we could be the perfect candidates for their facility and to work for the government. Before we could even talk, we knew how to correctly hold every weapon in existence. When we started talking, we learned ever language we would ever need. We then started to walk, on cam combat and weapons training. We were the perfect mini assassins. Life was perfect-”

“For the next few years until it was three days after our sixth birthday.” I interrupted. “We were testing out the new course for our parents when their boss came in. The government didn’t know we had been trained, so we were safe. Our parents didn’t know how long the training camp would last that’s why they put the fast forward on our training. But back to when their boss walked in. Scar and I hid behind some crates because we never really liked him. We could see him talking to our mom and dad but we couldn’t hear what they were saying. They started walking toward the office and we overheard them talking about closing the facility. Our mom said she’d take care of it. That’s when it all went down. Their boss stuck this thing in her shoulder and put a gun to our dad’s head. I covered my ears and told Scar to cover her eyes. Our mom started convulsing and fell to the floor. Her last words were that she loved us and we needed to be safe, someone had to protect us. She passed out and whatever that creep injected into her was a type of acid. It ate from the inside out. Five minutes later, all that was left of our mother was tiny bone fragments. Our father was devastated. He turned to his boss and said ‘my girls will make you pay. His boss turned to him and put three bullets into his head. Now our parents were both dead and we had nothing to remind us of them. We went into a fit. We stepped out of the shadows and shot their boss with a muscle relaxer. We then tortured him in every way two little girls could. When we were done I put a bullet into his head. That night we lost or parents, gained their wealth, and a few years later we started our revenge. Ten years and many people’s deaths later, here we are.” I finished with a distant look in my eye. No one talked for ten minutes.

“Was this place called Stone Haven?” Josh asked.

“Yeah, how did you know?” Scar questioned.

“Because we were there too, you two helped us escape . . . we had been there two years and were supposed to graduate the month after everything happened.” Damian stated.

“Oh yeah I remember, we told you to meet us on the roof of one of the buildings in the city in two days. You never made it though, so we thought you were dead. They called you by your first initials right?” They nodded to answer my question.
“We use to have the biggest crushes on you two!” Scar laughed as Josh hugged her tightly laughing as well.

“Hey babe, what’s wrong?” Damian asked looking at the sad look on my face.

“Our mom use to joke we’d end up together.” I said while leaning into him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me while I shed tears that were long overdue.

The next morning I awoke in Damian’s arms. Grr! How could I be so weak as to cry in front of Damian and Josh? Crying is weakness. The only time I cry is when it’s raining so that no one could tell I was crying. I carefully unwrapped myself from his arms and headed outside. Once there I scaled the wall and started toward the highest point on the roof. I was ten steps away and I looked over to see Scar heading for the same place that I was. Whenever we had to think, we always went to the highest pint we could get to. We lay down for a few seconds and scar decided to break the silence.

“God, I feel so…so… Something!” She stated.

“Weak? Helpless? Stupid? Idiotic?” I supplied.

“Yeah.” She answered. “Why? Why did we tell them our life story and then just sit there and cry? We’ve never cried about it before. Not when it happened and not when we retold it. Why now?”

“Maybe because we couldn’t cry before, if we cried it meant death and weakness. Here we could morn and still be alive and protected. We felt safe for the first time in a long time.”

“You are never and will never be weak in our eyes. “Josh said with Damian standing right next to him. How they snuck up on us I don’t know. They walked over and lay down next to us. I looked away only to be pulled toward Damian. My head was resting on his shoulder and my arm across his waist. People always lay like this in movies. For once I felt as if I belonged and I knew I was safe.

“You know you never explained why you had those guys working for you.” Josh said.

“It’s simple really; the people that knew about Stone Haven said they’d eventually find us and bring us back. We figured we’d have no problem fighting them off. On the off chance that we couldn’t we needed to have someone to help bring us back. So yeah, that would be them.” Scar said they made ‘oh’ faces while nodding.

“But that’s enough of that. Let’s go out.” I said.

“You two go and have fun; I want to watch a movie.” Scar said.

“Alright Rave, Let’s go.” Damian said while pulling me up. We decided to walk to a beach that was a mile away. He sat down while I went to go get something for us to drink. I was walking back to him with our freezes when I saw a girl was talking to him. They were flirty aimlessly. When she went to leave they exchanged pieces of paper. Numbers, they had to be exchanging numbers. I was about to go yell at him when I saw her kiss his cheek and him grab her butt.

I was done. For the last few weeks I’d felt safe and sometimes like I belonged but I knew something wasn’t right. I didn’t tell Scar because she just seemed so happy with Josh. I’m done now, I’m gone. I turned around and started jogging back to the house, tossing the freezes into a garbage can on the way.

“Rave, where are you going? Shit, Damian saw me. I started sprinting but he still caught up to me. He grabbed my arm and put himself in my path.

“What’s wrong? Where are you going?” He questioned in a worried tone.

“Why would you care?” I replied, pushing him out of my way. I started sprinting to the house. This time he didn’t catch up. I got to the house in about six and a half minutes later. I ran straight to my room, pulled out a bag, packed all my clothes, money, and weapons I had. Six minutes later, I was strapping everything I needed to my bike.

“Where are you going, Rave?” A voice came out of nowhere.

“No where Scar, Scar stay here and have fun. I’ll call you when I can.” I reply. It hurt me to say that, to lie like that. We’d always been with each other. She was the only person that I trusted until I met Damian. Now she is the only person I’ll Ever trust.

“When will you be back?” She inquired with a suspicious look in her eye.

“I don’t know.” I said not able to tell her that I wouldn’t be back ever again. I heard someone come up to the house and if I was correct, it was Damian with all the stuff we took to the beach. I gave Scarlet a hug and said

“Love you sis, now and forever, through life and death. I love you more than anything and I always will. I’ll never forget you sis.”

“Raven that sounded like a permanent goodbye.” Scar said worriedly. The only way I responded was to get onto my bike and give her a sad smile.

“Goodbye Scarlet.” I said before I took off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long...

comments would be greatly appreciated!

:)