We're Crazy, They're Gorgeous, This Might Just Work.

Amazing People

Damian’s POV
I held on as tight as possible as Raven ran the jeep straight down the hill. I don’t think she knew I was on the back because she was yelling at herself and taking the jeep to its limits. I was trying to yell back and get her attention but she couldn’t hear me over the rush of the trees passing and her own yelling. She wasn’t really paying attention to where she was going and suddenly the jeep went airborne.

Destine’s POV
Since Raven and Damian kind of ruined the moment we all decided to follow them down at a safer, slower speed. No one wanted to talk about what Damian said but whatever it was it pissed them off. We eventually decided to just meet them at the house. We got home and their jeep wasn’t there yet. No big deal though because when Raven gets mad she takes off. Some times for days but usually only until Damian can find her, apologize, and get her to come home, all of which usually only takes a few hours. Scarlet and I went inside and took showers while the boys went immediately to the kitchen to sustain their never ending appetites.
We all settled down and watched a movie. For once it was girl’s pick so we decided to watch New Moon. What a bad choice. Our seemingly amazing boyfriends made fun of the movie the whole time and laughed at the false facts. What could be a great night full of romance, junk food, relaxation, and fun was turned into a night of girlfriends that were mad at their boyfriends. By the time the movie ended Scar and I were on the floors and our boy toys were lounging comfortably on the couches. Just grr, how stupid can they be?
I got up and left the clean up to Jace and Josh. I looked outside and saw that Raven’s jeep was still missing. Even when Damian had to chase after her they were usually home by now. After dismissing most of my worries I decided that I should probably go to bed. I couldn’t stop yawning but I didn’t want to sleep. So what did I do? That’s right; I went to the video game room and played Call of Duty for two hours, great stress reliever. I ended up falling asleep on the couch in the game room.

The next morning I was woken by Scarlet poking me. I sat up and immediately felt the effects of my chosen bed. My neck was stiff and I couldn’t turn my head to the left. I tried rubbing out the stiffness but it did nothing. After abandoning my efforts I turned to Scar and saw the worry on her face.
“They aren’t back yet are they?” She just shook her head and I sighed. “Search party or wait another day?”
“I kind of have a bad feeling so I want to go look for them but Josh and Jace say we should just wait. They think they got carried away with passion and decided to stay out under the stars for the night.”
“I agree with you. Something just doesn’t feel right. I say we tell them we’re going and they’ll most likely follow us.” She agreed and we both went to change into hike appropriate gear.
Ten minutes later we met by the garage door. The boys saw us leaving and made us wait for them. Big surprise. If you listened to them you’d think we were complete girly girls that were incapable of doing anything by themselves.
We each took got on a quad and took off. We went to the top of the mountain and started following their tracks down. Sometimes we had to go away from the tracks because it was too dangerous to follow them exactly. We had been tracking them for three hours when the boys called brake time. Scar and I just took a drink of water and said we were going to keep going.
We were ten minutes ahead of the boys when we decided to forget about safety. We started booking it down the trail and messing around. Twenty more minutes past before we had to make a quick stop. The tracks swerved off to the right quickly. Too quickly for our four wheelers and even harder to do in a jeep. We decided we should wait for the boys to catch up here. An hour and a half later they showed up. For once we went crazy and they stayed with safety.
Three more hours later and it was getting dark. The tracks led to one of the places we know has a huge drop off. We all suddenly got very worried. It’s nearly impossible to land from these jumps. We quickly went around the jump and thankfully found tracks at the bottom. She somehow managed to keep the jeep stable. It was getting to dark to track and we still had to make it home so we called it a night.
The next morning we went right to that spot and continued our search much to some people’s annoyance. The boys did nothing but complain as we continued our search. After another two hours we found the tracks became lighter on the rockier terrain. About twenty yards up we found the tracks swerve. It looks like Raven lost control of the jeep. Ten yards more and we found the upturned jeep.
I sprinted over to the jeep and looked inside. Thankfully no bodies, but there was blood and lots of it. We followed the blood trail for half a mile before we found them. We ran over and checked their pulses. Somehow they both had a light pulse but Raven’s was fading quickly. Jace called for the paramedics and told them we needed two life flights. We called regularly for people we found injured on our land so they trusted our judgment. Twenty three minutes later we heard the blades of a helicopter. The paramedics rushed out and put Raven and Damian on back boards. Scarlet went with Raven and Josh with Damian. Jace and I were to go back to the house and bring a car.
We got to the hospital as fast as traffic would allow. When we got there we found Scar and Josh in the waiting room. Scar was crying. I rushed over and hugged her.
“Ra-ra-raven.” She burst out crying and I looked to Josh.
“Raven bled out on the helicopter. She didn’t make it. Damian is still in surgery.” He was so stunned that he didn’t express any feelings. I burst out in tears and fell to my knees.
Raven was the first one to accept me. She brought me into this family and made me feel welcome. She was the first person I thought of as a sister I’ve had and the first person to ever care for me. She’s the reason I found Jace and probably the only reason I’m still alive. On the track I was on I should have been dead like a year ago. She saved me and made me belong. And then Damian. He had to make it. He was my brother. He protected me and cared for me. He stood up to my enemies with me. The two of them are my family and I can’t live without them.
Jace came and picked me up and held me as I cried. The doctor came out of the double doors in his green scrubs. They were covered in blood. He walked over to us and pulled down his face mask.
“Damian is stable for now. He’s in intensive care but I think it looks good.” Everyone smiled timidly at the good news. It still didn’t seem real that Raven was gone and Scarlet watched her die. Jace drove Scar and I home to sleep and cry some more while Josh stayed with Damian.
Six days went by as we traded night shifts. The doctors said his condition was not improving and they were worried if he’d ever wake up. That night it all changed. At two thirty am Josh called. Damian’s condition was rapidly declining. We rushed to the hospital and had barely enough time to say goodbye. Our last wishes seemed lame and unworthy. He was such a great man and he didn’t deserve this death at all.
We left two hours after the doctor called his time of death. We went home and relieved all the good times with Raven and Damian. It seemed so unreal that they were gone. They were some of the best people I have ever met and I’m going to miss them more than anything.

Two days later we were all dressed in black and ready to cry. A funeral was not something that I ever wanted to go to and to make it even worse it was a double funeral for the people I cared about most.
Two black caskets were lowered into the ground that day with only four guests in attendance. The funeral was not big because we were all very solitary. It was grand though. Every option desired was paid in full and it was time to say goodbye to two amazing people.

One year later.
Jace and I slowly walked up to a double grave stone. We started clearing around it and heard some branches snap. Josh and Scarlet walked up slowly.
“Hey guys.” I halfway smiled. After the funeral we all went home for a few days. After a week we moved out because the memories were too much. Josh and Scarlet went their way and Jace and I went ours. We kept in touch for a few weeks but soon it was just a reminder of all the hurt. Without Damian and Raven nothing was holding our group together. We all drifted apart.
And here we are, together again on the one year mark of their funeral. I looked at the headstones.
“Raven. Beloved Sister, Friend, and Loved One. The world will miss your amazing talents and passion for music.” Next to that was another “Damian. Beloved Brother, Friend, and Loved One. The World is lacking without your spirited jokes and great advice.”
We all left about an hour later. Their grave stones decorated with black plastic roses for Raven and Toy Mustang cars for Damian.
We ate a sad lunch at a favorite deli of Raven’s and reminisced with good memories for hours.
Sadly at the end of the day we all went our separate ways with plans to meet up that were never fulfilled. We meet up once a year at their graves and remember the amazing people buried there. Always missed and never forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's it. The End.
I can't believe it's finally over after so long.
Thanks for reading. :)
Please tell me what you think and i'm sorry it took so long.
I had massive writers block until i realized it was time to end my first story.
Ahh, completion is a great thing.
:D
Kaitlin.