Working Class Hero

Chapter 1

Main Character Description-
Name: Alexa Carson (Alix)
Age:16
Height: 5'4''
Weight: 115
Body Type: Very athletic, toned, skinny but muscular
Eyes: Light Brown
Hair: Naturally blond with dyed brunette lowlights, 3 inches past shoulders, layered
Family Life: Loves her family, has a mother and a father, only child
Other: Loves sports (haha incase you didn't know, I LOVE sports!!! What can I say...I was born to play the game<3 so naturally my character will have the same passions)

Alix pulled a chair from the newly cleaned kitchen table over the the cupboard. She rearranged the cans, and when she found a bottle of Montreal Steak Sauce, she laughed aloud. She recalled the joke her dad told her the day before about the Canadian Navy being "a guy in a rowboat with a shotgun."

The reason she was cleaning was to give her father a break when he came home. He had been working so hard since Alix's mom was put in the hospital. Alix's mom had a tough childhood, and was now put in a mental hospital. She wasn't crazy, she just needed to deal with some past issues.

She heard someone screaming outside and peaked out the kitchen window. She saw Mike attempting to throw Nina in the pool. Her house was sort of the local hangout spot. Their shit-hole town of Berkley didn't really have much to offer, so everyone just basically came and swam in her pool. Alix's house was nice, pretty big, with a huge inground pool in the front. They appeared rich, but they were just working class, struggling to maintain everything.

It was around noon, and her dad didn't get home until 4:00, so she figured she had time to jump in the pool. Besides, the guy she really like, John, was there. John was 16 like her and had your typical blond hair, blue eyes, surfer-boy vibe to him. But Alix really liked him, and she couldn't really give a reason why. Maybe it was because he was captain of the hockey team. She always had a soft spot for hockey players (Evgeni Malkin anyone?!? HOTTEST hockey player alive!!).

Just as she was about to run upstairs and change, someone randomly just walked into the house.
"Can I use your bathroom?" he asked.
"Sure Mike. Why did you even ask? You know you can just go." It was just Mike Dirnt, one of her good friends.
"Billie Joe says you should come in the pool wearing your hot white bikini. John says you should just come in naked." Mike informed her.
"Ha ha ok, I think I'll stick with my brown bikini, the white was a little too....revealing." she responded.

After changing, she made her way through the gate, only to be greeted by her best friend Rachel's giant hug. Carrie was tall, with large blue eyes, long black hair, and always had a determined look on her face. She always looked like she wanted to fight, but the boys flocked to her nonetheless. She was dating Billie Joe, which was odd because she was about 3 inches taller than him and probably could take him in a fight.
"I've been waiting for you forever!" she said dramatically.
"I missed you too, honey," joked Alix.

After their little get together, Billie Joe came up from behind Alix and tried to push her in the pool. Alix countered by grabbing onto Billie's swimming trunks and taking him down with her. Alix came up for air quickly but looked around and didn't see him. Everyone was laughing at her, including Rachel.
"Guys, it's not funny, where is he?" asked Alix, a little worried as to why he hadn't broken the surface yet.

Then, he popped up behind her and playfully pulled her back under the water.
"Alright! That's enough you two; I'm starting to get jealous!" yelled out Rachel.