Status: Permanent Hiatus

Mistakes in the Dark Turn to Blessings in the Light

Chapter 18

A/N: Sorry it's so short and late. I had a really bad case of writer's block with this story. Hopefully I didn't lose any reader's. Well enjoy. Oh and sorry if the lyrics in the song are a little off, I'm winging it coz my computer isn't working right right now.

I sighed as I watched Adrianna's eyes finally close and laid her down in the little bed given for her. But as soon as she was fast asleep, a soft cry started over from the corner Joey was in. The cry grew louder letting us know Bobbie had just woken up, I decided I should try to feed her. I pressed the button to call the nurse to my room. She came in as Joey got up to hand her to me. She smiled and walked to my bedside to see what I needed.

“Could you get me a bottle for her.” I asked as I handed her the bottle filled with formula.

“Sure.” She said walking into the bathroom to fill it with warm water.

“Thanks.” I said as she handed me the bottle. I placed it into the little girl's mouth as she started drinking. The nurse stood by the bed as if waiting for me to make a mistake feeding her so she could try and teach me to do it right, but what she didn't know is I practically raised my baby cousin, who is four now, and pretty much knew exactly what to do. I smiled up at her as Bobbie started to get the idea to suck and she smiled back and walked away in a little bit of a huff. I looked at Joey who rolled his eyes and laughed.

“Damn, I didn't think working being a nurse was that boring that you have to stand there and watch your patience. I mean what if you were breastfeeding, that would be like some sort of violation wouldn't it?” Joey sad after the nurse left the room.

“No, if you're a nurse in the maternity ward, I think it's mandatory to watch the women breastfeed in case their doing something wrong or have no idea what to do at all.” I said.

“Yeah, well if I was woman I would be kind of uncomfortable with someone staring at my boobs. I still think it's gross people do it in public.” He said coming over to sit next to me and watch me feed our daughter.

“And that's why I'm bottle feeding, I don't need some perverted man, or even a woman, staring at my twins.” I said, making Joey laugh.

“You do know a lot of people will be looking at your twins from now on, I mean they're very beautiful.” He told me.

It took me a minute to decipher what he had said, then I laughed too. “Yeah, they're pretty cute aren't they I said looking down at Bobbie Joe as she just stared back up at me with her huge brown eyes, then looking over to Adrianna sleeping. She looked like an angel, which I thought could be her nickname. I looked up at Joey who was watching them just as I had been, and then looked back down at them.

“It still hasn't really sunken in.” Joey said suddenly and I looked at him.

“What do you mean?” I asked kind of confused.

“Being a father. I mean I know I am one now, but it's so new. I mean I'm still so amazed it happened. I never would have believed anyone if the told me a two years ago I would such a beautiful and wonderful girl and get two beautiful twin daughters in such a short time. It still blows me away I me away that I got you.” He said looking at me.

“I know exactly how you feel. I mean my life was so horrible back in Conneaut except for having Wilo with me, I would never have dreamed of getting lucky enough to meet someone like you.” I said looking at him.

“You could do much better than me.” He said looking away from me.

“What does that mean? No guy would be better for me than you, Joe.” I said taken aback that he even thought that.

“It's true. If you wanted to you could have someone smarter, hotter, and probably even more outgoing than I am.” He said never making direct eye contact with me through the whole sentence.

I was surprised at what he said and just sat there for a minute staring at him. He had never mentioned any of this before now. “Joey, I don't know why in the world you feel that way. You're very smart, smarter than half the boys in our, well your, class god dammit your definitely the hottest guy I know. And so what if you aren't that outgoing, at least that let's me know you're not going out and doing something stupid and kill yourself. I love you so much, never doubt that.” I told him.

“I love you too.” He said. “She looks like she's ready to go to sleep, but she's fighting it.”

“Why don't you sing to her?” I asked.

“I will if you do too.” He said looking up.

“Okay fine.” I said, truthfully, I justhttp://www.mibba.com/users/stories/chapters-manage/1216/
Chapter: Mistakes in the dark turn to blessings in the light wanted to hear Joey sing. He had a great voice, but I on the other hand, am not the best singer. I mean I can sing pretty well, I just don't like my voice much myself. Although a lot of people don't so it's normal.

"Well I was there on the day\
They sold the for the queen
And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen
I hate the ending myself
But it started with an alright scene
It was the roar of the crowd
that gave me heart ache to sing
It was the lie when they smiled
and said you won't feel a thing
And as we ran from the cops
we laughed so hard it would sting
If I'm so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
How can you listen all night long (all night, all night)
And will it matter after I'm gone,
coz you never learn a god damn thing'
your just a sad song
with nothing to say
about a life long
wait for a hospital stay
and if you think that I'm wrong
this never meant nothing to you.

I reached over and carefully placed Bobbie onto a bed right next to Anna's. I smiled looking down at my two sleeping daughters. It was an amazing feeling, having these two living things that are yours, knowing you brought them life and they're now your responsibility, but actually a little scary too.