Blood Fangs

Chapter 4

It started raining while I was running to Spike's Mom's House. I hope he was home already.
He'd better be home....

Obviously I couldn't just waltz into his house and make it to his room unseen. He lived on the 3rd floor and his window was closed.
" this was going to be tricky" I thought to myself. " lets see if this curse has anything good about it.."

I crouched and jumped. To my fear and hope I flew into the air and was able to bring myself to crouching position on Spikes window sill outside. The Rain was still pouring and the window was blurry. I could see movement in the room, I saw someone....but It wasn't Spike, It was Mastiff. He was grinning while standing over a figure on the floor.

"No!!" I screamed banging on the window "You Bastard!" I could feel my fist start bleeding and hot salty tears stinging my face. Mastiff looked up surprised to see me.

"Liz?" he mouthed with a look of disbelief on his flawless face, his ebony eyes widened by surprise. He walked over to the window and opened it. I lunged for him, knocking him to the floor and hitting his chest repeatedly.

"Why?!!" I cried "Why did you have to do this to me!!" I took a fast breath "to him!" I hit him one last time before I crawled over to a semi- concious Spike. I crouched over and put my ear to his chest, no heart beat but he was breathing. Blood was tearing out of his eye like a tear. I was too late to save him, he had pledged he would give his mortal life...and he did. I looked up to see Mastiff nowhere and Spike's window still wide open. I got up to close it when I heard footsteps coming up stairs. I dragged Spike to his bed and used his T-shirt to wipe the blood off his face and I closed his eyelids, then coverd him up. I heard the door knob start to turn and I crawled under his bed rather quickly.

"Spike? Sweetheart?" Ms Ember whispered "Are you okay?"

no response

Ms. Ember assumed her son was sleeping and closed the bedroom door. I heard foorsteps walking away until I heard nothing but the shaky breathing of a Human morphing into a Vampire. I let out a wimper and started to crawl out from under his bed. I was still shirt less so I looked around for a spare shirt to find an over shrunk Daft Punk shirt and put it on. I walked over to his bed and sat on the edge and layed down right beside his figure draping my arm over his chest. I just listened to the silence and the rare breath come from Spike's body.

"Liz?" I heard
I looked up to see Spike pale, his face looked as though it was chisled, such broad and vibrant angles to his face I had never noticed until now. His eyes a shade of orange with green speckled in them. "Liz?"

"Spike-" my breath hitched

"Am I dead?" he questioned, a smirk spreading across his lips.

"Not entirely" I replied looking for his expression. He smiled and laughed exposing bright pearly fangs. Then turned his gorgeous eyes to meet mine. Then his expression changed "Wait..What do you mean 'Not entirely'?" He spung up, causing me to be flung off his bed and fly into the dressers due to his immortal strength. His eyes widened when he realized what he had just done and lunged over his bed to help me "Lizzie!, I- I'm sorry!" he gushed, kneeling down infront of me to inspect the damage he caused. none. Lucky for us immortals we can heal any wound inflicted upon us in a matter of seconds.

I looked into his eyes "Wow, you could kick Mastiff's ass now with that strength.." I smirked rubbing the back of my head. "Spike?" I started "I haven't been entirley honest with you". He knelt down beside me pulling my upper half to his chest.

"Liz, what's going on here?" he asked wiping the tears off my face.

"You- You're immortal" I gulped "You're a vampire." I said looking down and away, bringing my fist to my mouth and begin crying. "I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

Spike grabbed for his heart and fell backwards, his eyes gone blank and an expression of disbelief on his face. "Lizard...Are you" he gulped "a vampire?" he asked looking straight into my eyes. I nodded my head. "Then I'll survive...." he said reaching for my hand " I seem to remeber whispering 'I can move on with you around
I hand you my mortal life, but will it be forever?
to you at the concert" he said pulling me closer "and that statement is still true.." he trailed "Lizzie, look at me please.." He placed his lips to my forehead then to my own lips. Breaking apart "Come on" he said motioning to his bed. We stood up and got under the covers. We just held eachother for hours, whispering reassuring words every often. "Liz, I can make it in this world with you by my side" Spike whipsered into my hair.

I sniffed and looked up to him "Now I can aswell." I layed my head back onto his chest and closed my eyes allowing myself to fall asleep in the one pair of arms I felt safe in.