Status: Finished

Things Have Changed

Sorrow Is All The Rage

It was another typically horrible English day. It was cold and muddy outside and rain was heavily pelting on the windows. But we were on a driving break so everyone practically ran out of the bus as soon as they could leaving me and Ryan alone in the back lounge watching daytime soaps.

“Honestly” I said loudly as I slowly ate through a bowl of low fat strawberry jelly “I think, if I disappeared off the face of the earth for ten years and came back and watched this show I would still know what was going on!”

Ryan laughed quietly “So are you telling me that you aren’t enjoying the ongoing love triangle between Jason, Lilah and Tabitha.”

I raised my eyebrows “No, not at all.” I rolled my eyes and returned to eating my jelly.

I jumped as I heard a loud gunshot, it turns out that Lilah killed Tabitha only to find out that Tabitha was already dead, in fact, she was the earth bound spirit of Lilah’s mother who died during child birth. Oh day time TV, how I love you.

I looked over at Ryan and caught him staring at my Jelly, for the seventh time in the last half an hour.
I rolled my eyes “Gees Ryan, do you want some Jelly?” He looked up at me through his gorgeous brown eyes and nodded shyly. I rolled my eyes “Get over here” I said getting up to grab another spoon.

We sat there quietly eating the Jelly until there was only one blob left and so the fight for the last reasonable blob of jelly began. Ryan was the eventual winner.
He grinned holding the blob on his spoon.
“I hate you” I pouted. I opened up my mouth to say something but was shut off by Ryan quickly putting the Jelly in my mouth. I smiled, closed my eyes and swallowed it with a loud mmm.
I opened my eyes to see Ryan staring at me. His hand reached up to my hair, gently moving a stray strand from my eyes. His hand then traced its way down my face resting in the ridge in between my neck.
He met his soft thin lips with mine, kissing my lips softly gently beckoning me to respond. When I eventually did he deepened the kiss holding me closer to him. I rested my hands on his chest as he leaned me down on the couch straddling me, not once breaking the kiss. His hands found their way under my t-shirt gripping my hips and edging my top higher. He started to kiss that spot on my neck and I involuntarily moaned from underneath him pulling on his hair.
He reconnected our lips and began kissing me passionately again.
“Ryan” I said softly once he started kissing my neck again. I could feel him hard through his jeans.

“mmm?” he replied still focusing on my neck.

“Ryan stop.”

He stopped immediately “Get off me.”

He groaned but still got off “Liz, I really really like you, in fact, I think I’ve been in love with for the past three years.”

“Ryan, no, you haven't” I said forcefully sitting up.

“Why not Liz? What’s stopping us?” He said anxiously.

“I-I-it’s just...” I trailed off “Y’know it-s just b-”

“It’s Brendon isn’t it?” he said, his voice dangerously low.

“It’ll be awkward”

“Who cares?” he yelled throwing his hands in the air “Liz, I love you, I have since high school!”

I stared blankly at the ground.

“Fuck” he said under his breath “You still love him don’t you?”

“What?”

“Fucken hell its always the fucking way!” He yelled loudly “It’s always oh what about Brendon? Brendon this Brendon that! Well how about you just fucking forget about Brendon.”

“Calm do-”

“Don’t fucking tell me to calm down Liz, I’m sick of always being second fucking best to him! How can you still love him? He treats you like fucking dirt!”

“I don’t know Ry it’s just-”

“It’s just what? Can’t you see how fucking good we’d be together? What is it? I can’t quite see how you can’t want this as much as I do!” he yelled loudly.

“It’s just,”

“What is it Liz? I don’t get it, why don’t you just admit it?!”

“Because I don’t love you!” I cried practically feeling my heart break in half as I told him.

He sat up, his face falling as he took in what I had just said “Of course you don’t” he said quietly.

“Ryan I’m really sorry”

“Don’t be” he said quietly as he got up and walked off into the bunk area “Who would want me when you could have Brendon instead?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Ryan :(
Comments please :) thanks to the three commenters last time :)
Okay, the voting is down to two, judging on votes
1) The Ryan Ross Annorexia story
Title: Hips, Spines and Bones in Time.
Excerpt: There was a rather feminine looking boy standing in the doorway. He was fairly thin with short brown hair which sat perfectly on his head. He was of an average height but looked small compared to everything else around him. His eyes were a honey brown and his face was young, innocent and scared. Next to him was a tall blond girl with short hair. She was decent looking with pale skin and grey eyes. Standing next to her was a more solid man, though he was still thin. He had short dark brown hair and big brown eyes. His skin was pale and his lips plump. He was also in desperate need of a razor to get rid of the horrible excuse for a beard which it seemed that he was trying to grow. Analeigh was tempted to tell him to go down the hall and take the third door on his right. The suicidels were in there and always had a spare razor or two lying around.
2) Brendon AU Highschool Story
Title: Always and Forever.
Excerpt: The bell rang and we got up to go to class Anna snatched my timetable out of my hand before I even had a chance to look at it. “Ooh, you’ve got first with me” she smiled; "I’ll show you the way."
We walked down the corridor and I listened in to the snippets of conversation we passed.
Apparently his Dad got arrested; he was planning this massive drug heist
I heard his father is in jail, he was in the mafia apparently.
I turned to Anna who was walking confidently next to me “Anna, who is... he?”
She sighed loudly “He, is dangerous, crazy, psychotic. He’s Brendon Urie”