‹ Prequel: All About You
Sequel: Stay With Me

The Heart Never Lies

When I'm Gone

It was the middle of the night and about five weeks after the night. I sat on my bed, a pen and pad of paper on my lap, and only a small desk lamp lit my room. My phone also sat on my lap and there was a large duffel bag and my acoustic guitar sitting by my bed.

My hand moved fluidly across the paper I had and I rarely hesitated to stop and think of the right words to say. All the words I needed to say didn’t need to be thought about.

A few times, I paused and glanced at my phone. Then I would look at my stomach and back to what I was writing.

Suddenly my phone’s screen lit up and vibrated. It told me I had a text from James.

I’m here.

Quietly, I rushed down to the front door, opening it and letting James in. The both of us tip-toed up to my room and quietly talked so the others wouldn’t be bothered as they slept.

“Thank you so much for this, James,” I thanked, going back to finish up what I was writing.

“You sure you wanna do this? Do you know how you’re gonna make them feel?” James questioned me.

I sighed and blinked away the tears threatening to fall. “I know what they’ll think… What he’ll think, but I’ve gotta do this. I need the support of my family more than anything right now and I want to have someone my family can trust watching the progress. I don’t want anything to happen.”

“We can find you one here in London. You shouldn’t go back home for a doctor. I know we can find you one just as great here.”

“James,” I smiled kindly, “I know what I need to do and I want you to trust me. I won’t be gone forever. I promise I’ll come back. I’ll have a reason to come back.”

Sighing, he nodded and then curiously watched me write. “What are you writing?”

“A note.”

“For Danny?”

I nodded, finishing up the final sentence and tearing off the sheets I used. I folded them neatly and wrote Danny’s name on the outside.

I stood up and smiled and James, “Ready?”

“I am when you are.”

“Sweet. I’m gonna drop this off, so if you could get my things that would be awesome.”

James nodded, “Got it. I’ll meet you at the car.”

With a quick nod, I silently left my room and floated down to Danny’s room.

A small and sad smile appeared on my face as I walked into his room. His soft breathing calmed my nerves the closer I got to him.

Cautiously, I placed the folded letter on the tiny table by Danny’s bed and then I watched Danny sleep, my eyes beginning to water. I gently brushed his bangs out of his face and stroked his cheek. I softly kissed his cheek and then his lips. Bending over, I brought my lips near his ear and put a hand on my stomach.

“I love you, too,” I whispered, knowing I meant it and letting a few small tears run down my face.

With one last kiss on his lips, I rushed out of the room and outside, wiping my eyes along the way. I hopped into James’ car, put my seat belt on and then stared at the McFly house until James took a turn that forced the house from my sight.

That’s when I had to convince myself that I was doing the right thing…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, there's only ONE more chapter after this and it's an epilogue. It'll be in Danny's point of view (great song). Don't worry. There WILL be another part. :)
I hope you liked the chapter even though you probably will hate me for making her go. It's not over yet!
And PLEASE check out my friend, Runt's, story. It's really great. And I'm very positive she'll appreciate the comments. :D
Love you guys! Please comment! :D