Status: Active.

Dear Gravity You've Held Me Down

When It All Comes Crashing...

William’s POV

On the brink of consciousness I felt sunlight hit my skin, warming it instantly; causing me to shift and groan before realizing that my bedroom window faces the west. My eye lids flung open letting my vision blur and refocus soaking in the familiar room that was not mine. Her warm frame was curled into my side, her breathing soft and steady as incoherent mumbles slipped from her lips. I rolled onto my side facing her and took her face in my gentle hands, pushing the black hair from her face. Brown roots shined in the sunlight with all kinds of shades of red revealed, it’s somewhat saddening to know that in a short period of time she’d cover over it once again with that bland black eliminating true beauty from her perfected look of beauty.

In all honesty she is gorgeous, and amazing; nothing beats being with her, nothing. To top it off I think I could love her, and I do mean it; but something wasn`t right.

It wasn`t just the weed, I don`t think that even bothered me that much... it was more so that she felt the need to hide it from me. And her need to party, everything was a party much more than needs be; and of course this fascination with looks she’s formulated in her brain. Everything was planned to a tee, her make-up and outfit, her accessories and not a hair was out of place. It was like everything was an act and her the perfect actress, no what could she possibly be trying to erase?

She groaned and shifted in her sleep pulling me out of my deep thoughts, causing me to sigh. I had three options all which would be hard for us; each also had a certain doom to the very thing I wanted. I pressed my lips to her chapped ones quickly hesitating before pulling away and then slipped out of the bed. I got dressed quietly keeping a close eye on her at all times, and as I walked to the door I paused and turned back letting three brave words fall forth “I love you,” even if she couldn’t hear it, or wouldn’t realize I’d said them I’d know I did. And with that I opened the door, choosing the cowardly road... the one I figured we both could heal the best from; I walked out of their apartment for the last time knowing full well Jenn was bound to come after me again... this time with Patrick.

Normal P.O.V.

I woke up with a smile stretched out over my chapped lips, I had the most amazing dream ever Bill told me he loved me and a whole bunch of other over the top cheesy things happened; the only thing that could top this dream was knowing that last night wasn’t a dream. I stretched out feeling my back crack before my eyes flew open, my bed was empty. I sat up not bothering to cover myself and looked around; not a single trace of evidence that William was even here. Trying to be optimistic I got out of bed, brushed my hair and put on my pyjamas before heading out to the kitchen; but there was no smells or sounds... and no shoes by the door I was alone... he left.

I crumpled to the ground, my knees pulled up to my chest as I stared blankly into space, how? Why? I didn’t understand... I thought we had forgiven each other! Tears didn’t pour, nor did they threaten too, I was just numb, numb and nothing else; the shock was setting in but I wouldn’t feel it for a while now. I heard the front door open, and Jenn’s footsteps come towards the kitchen; her voice rang through the apartment, she sounded happy. That was until she nearly tripped over me, and then she was at my side questioning things I knew without being able to hear the words. The only words I made out clearly were not even spoken to me “Hello? Patrick, you got to get here quick! Something’s wrong with Megz, I’m worried... she’s not talking,”

I blinked once, then twice staring at the white kitchen walls, and focusing solely on the white wall; forcing every little montage out of my mind in attempts to keep him from cutting me deeper. Next thing I knew there were two warm bodies pressed against me, fussing over me and arguing with each other. One wanted me off the floor, the other to leave me be, I’m going to guess the logically thinking one won as I was lifted from the ground and set on the familiar lap of my best friend on top of the couch.

“Megz, what happened?” Patrick’s voice managed to break through the sound barrier and I moved my head, still feeling like I was in a trance, I looked up at him and shook my head. “No, tell us, we can’t help if you don’t,” He sighed cupping my face in a fatherly way.

“William... left... sex...” I mumbled incoherently before burying my head into Patrick’s chest. Jenn took a deep breath of air and I could feel her hatred growing and Patrick himself had grown still.

“He left you after having sex?” Jenn sputtered, “Like a wham, bam, thank you ma’am?”

“No, no... I, I fell asleep he was there saying he loved me.... but I woke up he, he was gone... just left,” I mumbled turning my head towards the living room wall while still resting on Patrick’s chest.

“That asshole,” Jenn seethed, causing Patrick to say something but once more the sound barrier was up and I being unable to hear them closed my eyes focusing on the blackness before feeling myself nodding off, the exhaustion of being depressed having rid me of all energy.