Status: Active.

Dear Gravity You've Held Me Down

So Heartless.

I rolled my eyes as soon as the door closes and continue my phone conversation with Patrick.

"I just can't stand them being together and just fucking all the time." I sigh glaring at the wall in front of me.

"I think you're more jealous than annoyed or angry." Patrick states with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Why would I be jealous?" I question angrily.

"Because you haven't gotten any lately, and you haven't been a relationship since... well since High School."

I think about it for a bit, Patrick is right. I'm jealous of Meghan and Pete for having a relationship and being able to just fool around whenever they want.

Beep. Beep

"Hey Patrick I have somebody on the other line, I'll call you later."

"I'll be waiting." He chuckles.

I press the green button to change the lines.

"Hello?" I ask thinking it was a fellow student to ask about tomorrow's due assignment.

"Jenn?"

".."

Brendon! I take a deep breath and gulp.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I wanted to apologize, about the other night." He sighs.

"There's no need to, but I would have appreciated a phone call, at least."

"I know, I feel like such an asshole and I just want to make it up to you."

I stay quiet. There's no reason for him to do that. Friends always bail on each other, it's the way life works sometimes.

"Seriously, it's okay Brendon."

"How about we do something tonight? Just chill or something..."

"Uh..."

I pause and think of an excuse.

"Actually Patrick and I are going bowling tonight, so..."

"Perfect!" Brendon exclaims before going on. "How about a double date? You and Patrick and Me and Audrey."

"Well I-"

"How about ten tonight? Cosmic bowling starts at ten thirty."

"I suppose-"

"Great! See you then." He says before hanging up.

I groan and dial Patrick's number.

"Bowling tonight." I tell him without giving him time to say anything.

"What?"

"We're going bowling tonight, with Brendon and his girlfriend." I sigh.

"Wait, what?"

"Well Brendon called wanting to apologize for the other day and he asked me out tonight but
I told him I had plans with you and well now we have to go bowling."

"With his girlfriend?"

I close my eyes lightly and open them again. "Yeah Audrey." I say her name dreadfully.

"Ryan." Patrick curses under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'll pick you up then, and you're paying for me."

My mouth drops and I gasp dramatically.

"You're the guy, you're supposed to pay."

"You invited me so there." Patrick argues and hangs up.

I glare at the phone and then toss it to the side and stand up walking to my room. I lay on my bed waiting for sleep to take over, tonight was certainly going to be a long one.

* * *

"I can't believe he actually had the nerve to do this." Patrick continues on rumbling, I stopped paying attention five minutes ago.

I stare at my purple skinny jeans and stare at the three black dots right on my knee, I mentally groan remembering the day Brendon thought he could get away with drawing a happy face on my knee while watching a movie.

"Seriously only a douche bag does that kind of thing."

"I know, I know." I sigh and look at Patrick, his glasses reflecting the lights of the street.

"You're better off without him anyway." He told me as he looked at me with a serious face.

I kept my blank expression and then turned away. Glaring at my own reflection. Sure Patrick could be right, but I didn't want to be without him, I wanted to feel the way I did on his side for the rest of my life, or at least feel some portion of that happiness in my life.

Ten minutes later Patrick found a parking space, since it was Patrick it meant walking five hundred miles. He hated waiting on people and just preferred parking further away.

I got out of the car and waited for Patrick at my side, then we walked quietly towards the loud and crowded building that was exploding with lights.

"JENN!" I heard my name being shouted.

My eyes browse all around and then right by the small tree Brendon stands, his hand around a very small waist. I look from his arm to her face. A big bow stands on her long blond and black hair. A smile perfectly in place to fit a princess. Though her clothes could say the contrary.

"Here we go." Patrick says linking his arm on mine.

"Here we go." I repeat his words and fix my black v-neck shirt as we walk towards them.

"Jenn, Patrick this is Audrey, my girlfriend."

She smiles and waves but not saying a word.

"She's shy." Brendon says and then kisses the side of her head making me want to look away, but I just smile and drag Patrick with me towards the entrance, the sooner we played the sooner I could escape from this hell of a fucking date.

Throughout the night Brendon kept gushing about how amazing Audrey was, and how great it was that Ryan's girlfriend Jac had introduced them, and the more he kept talking the more distant I felt from him. It seemed like all the time we had spent together was nothing more than just a dream of mines.

"It must be great to have someone like Patrick at your side." Audrey was the one who spoke.

I look at her with questioning eyes and shake my head.

"There's no Patrick and I, just me." I tell her.

I look at Brendon who for a second, his eyes moving quickly away from me. I clap my hands together and sit up from the chair.

"Well if I get a strike I win." I smile and pass Patrick as he sits back down.

I look at the pins picturing Audrey's face on every single one and throw the bowling ball straight in the middle knocking every single one.

"Yes!" I shout turning around just to see Brendon eating up Audrey's face.

So Heartless.I could almost feel my heart on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off I'm so, so very sorry for a very late update.
Three months is a long time to wait.
Second, I love Audrey. So nothing personal against her.