Status: Active.

Dear Gravity You've Held Me Down

Reflection.

"Please Jenn, I'm begging you!" Megz shrieks as she pulls on my shirt desperately.

"No Megz! I don't wanna." I whine trying to walk to my room and get away from her.

"Jenn, you're my best friend!" She pouts miserably.

"You have a car, why don't you use it?"

"Because I let Pete borrow it." She mumbles.

"Then ask him to take you, or Patrick. I don't see why I have to take you." I sigh, finally getting loose out of Megz grip.

"B-But they're busy and I can't be late." She tells me with sad puppy eyes.

"Ugh, fine but only this time." I tell her, my voice strictly fierce.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Megz shouts taking me into a big bear hug.

"Lets just go." I mumble as I walk to the door and take my keys from the hook.

"I'll meet you in the car, I have to get my stuff." She shouts as she hurries to her room.

"Hurry or I'm gonna leave you."

"Where are you gonna go?"

"Somewhere I don't know." I say and walk out of the apartment, making sure to walk extra slow down the stair and then down to the street.

I cross the street quickly and unlock my car and get in and turn it on. I sigh and Begin to drum my fingers against the steering wheel as I wait for Megz.

I groan mentally, still regretting saying yes to Megz. I didn't want to take her because then it would mean I had to see Aubrey... ugh Aubrey. Aubrey and her face glued to Brendon.

"So you know where to go?" Megz questions as she shuts the door.

I blink a couple of times and nod. "You told me the address a million times."

"Sorry, I'm just excited and-"

"I know, I know." I cut her off and drive onto the street.

"Do you even know them?" I question, my eyes glued on the road ahead.

"No, but from what I hear they seem very nice." She says and I see her shrug from the corner of my eye.

** *

"Thanks a million Jenn! And I'll call you when to pick me up." Megz smiles and gets out of the car.

"What? I never agreed to pick-"

"BYE!" She shouts and slams the door before I can even finish.

I see her walk towards two small figures. I stare at the three of them, they look so much alike, like they could be sisters.

Their hair big, long and colorful. Their clothes perfect to match their nice fitted bodies and express their radiant personality.

I speed away feeling angry for some odd reason and head towards the nearest mall and park.

A little shopping always helps.

I take my wallet from my purse and get out of the car. As I get closer to the glass doors I catch my reflection on them. My purple hair starting to fade and grow. My short black skirt and plain pink spaghetti strap shirt showing somebody who isn't me.

I was never the girl to wear make-up, never the one to wear revealing outfits, or heels for that matter. This was not me, but a second me to hide the insecure and scared me. And it was screaming to be free.

* * *

*Knock* *Knock*

I pick up the remote and press pause on the television before walking to the door. I peek trough the peeking hole and see Patrick.

I take in a big breath of air and open the door.

"Hey Je...." He starts to say but then stops as his eyes widen.

"What... did... you... do?" He asks, his eyes still glued to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently.

"Your hair it's brown, to your natural color I haven't seen it since-"

"I know tenth grade, big shock."

"And the glasses, what happen to your contacts?"

"I got tired of wearing them."

Patrick looks me down and up, but his expression never changes.

"Did you loose a bet or something?" He questions as he steps onto the apartment.

"No, I just wanted a different look."

"No, you went to your, well your real look."

I shrug and walk to the couch and put play on the television.

"You swore you were never going to be this girl anymore."

"Well I changed my mine. Besides my life will be a lot easier without putting on all that make-up and fixing my hair."

Patrick looks at me one last time before sitting on the couch and taking the control away from me and turns the movie off in order to watch TV.

"Do I look bad?" I ask in a small voice after a couple of minutes.

"Nope, you're just the geeky, nerdy girl I knew in high school." He smiles and playes my shoulder playfully.

I roll my eyes and sigh looking back at the TV screen.

'Nope, you're just the geeky, nerdy girl I knew in high school.'
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised Megz.
:D