Status: Active.

Dear Gravity You've Held Me Down

And You're A Real Fast Girl

I gulped nervously as the car pulled up into the driveway; this was it, time to face the family. Pete killed the engine before glancing over at me and smiling encouragingly. It didn’t work. I didn’t want to be here, I didn’t want to tell them I got kicked out of college; and I did not want to show Pete off as my boyfriend. He’s far from appropriate boyfriend material in my grandmother’s eyes. What with the tattoos, the long hair, the eyeliner and the obvious scandals of his job.

Pete gripped my hand and gave it a tight squeeze, before he undid his seat belt and opened the door to get out. I stayed seated, and clutched the belt tightly as I stared up at my childhood house. It was never a home. The white three story house looked like every other house on the block, except for the gloomy haunted look it just gave off. But maybe I was projecting.

Actually I know I was, I didn’t want to be here; and that was making it even harder to be here.

I jumped in my seat when the door suddenly opened and quickly turned to see Pete smiling apologetically at me, “If you want we can run back home, and no one will be the wiser,” He offered. Movement behind him let me know that wasn’t so, my mother in all her glory, was watching from the front window. With a defeated sigh I took the hand he had offered and got out of the car, the seat belt falling limply onto the seat. With our hands clasped we made our way to the front door; which opened before we even stepped on the last step. My mother’s smile quickly faltered, but then quickly sported her fake smile before Pete noticed.

“Hello, I’m Bev Meghan’s mother. Who might you be?” She questioned..

“Pete, Megz’s boyfriend,” He grinned politely as he held out a hand towards her.

She gingerly shook it as she stared at him, like she was trying to figure something out. “Are you from around here Pete? You look familiar,” She questioned lightly, holding her finger to her chin in thought.

“Actually I am, my father is a big lawyer in town. Peter Wentz,” He shrugged as we entered the house.

My mother froze; she recognized the name and tried to figure out which piece of gossip it was from. I watched as her face fell, she had successfully remembered the talk of the town back when I was in high school. “Oh, you were the boy with the many different bands right?” She questioned trying to be polite.

“Yeah,” He smiled happily.

We walked into the living room and she pranced over to my father’s side. “Roger, this is Peter Wentz’s son,” She told him happily.

“That boy, from that band, with the song on the radio; all of the time?” My father’s gruff voiced questioned, as his tired face showed no emotion.

“Yes sir,” Pete nodded, as he moved to hold me around the waist.

“You kids sit down, I’ll go see if dinner’s ready yet, your grandmother wouldn’t let me cook dinner this year,” My mother gushed quickly as she stood up and left the room.

Nervously I sat down on the old sofa, pulling Pete with me as I did so. “How long have you been dating?” My father asked as he studied us.

“Um, sometime in October,” I shrugged as Pete nodded his head in agreement. “I don’t really recall the day, it’s all gone by so fast,” I confessed. Mostly because I’ve been high. I added in my head, feeling somewhat bitter about that fact.

“You’re older than Meghan aren’t you boy?”

Pete nodded, “Yes sir, by three years.”

“Your friend Patrick is in your boyfriend’s band, right?” My father asked me.

“Yes dad, Patrick’s the singer,” I smiled slightly.

“Is he still fat?”

“Dad!” I gasped as Pete started coughing, I don’t think either of us expected him to say that.

“What, I was only asking a question. It’s not healthy to weigh so much,” My father shrugged innocently, like he hadn’t just insulted one of my best friends.

My mother rushed into the room smiling her fake smile once more, “Dinner is ready, and your grandmother can’t wait to see you,” She cheered. I felt my stomach drop, something about the way she said that sounded forbearing. But maybe I was projecting.

Sadly I wasn’t. The second I stepped into the dining room I was greeted by my grandmother’s frightening snarl. It made her face look older, which wasn’t hard to do. Pete noticed and gripped my hand tight.

The dinner was silent for a few minutes after my grandmother said grace. The silverware clinked lightly on the fine china that was only used for holidays. Pete sat on my right, my grandmother directly across from us and my parents at their respective ends of the table. My grandmother continued to glare over at him while she studied him closely.

My mother who was, of course, afraid of silence quickly opened her mouth and asked the one question I was hoping to avoid. “So Meghan how is school?”

Pete placed his hand on my thigh giving a comforting squeeze, which grandma noticed. I cleared my throat as I set my fork down gently. “I don’t go to school anymore,” I confessed as I bit my lip.

My mother’s fork fell with a loud clang, “Pardon?”

“Well see, I kind of missed too many classes and they, sort of, told me to not bother showing up again until the exam. Which is basically a way of kicking me out,” I cringed as I stared at my plate.

“And how are you expecting to get a decent job now?” She demanded, I could just feel her glare burning into my flesh.

“She already has two jobs that pay pretty well combined,” Pete spoke up, “She works for me, and she’s a model,” He grinned proudly as he took my hand in his.

“She works for you? What are you, some kind of pimp?”

“Grandma!” I gasped in shock.

“No actually, my band Fall Out Boy is doing really well, and I also co-own a club and have my own clothing line. Megz works in my clothing store,” He informed my family.

They stared at him for a moment, before quickly dismissing him, “What do you model for, Playboy?”

That cut me a little, but I didn’t let it show as I swallowed the pain and fed it to my growing anger, “No, I model for clothing brands; though you’re right I’m not always fully clothes,” I stated as I met her glare with my own.

“What are you going to do with your life? Just model and work in a store for your whole life? What will happen when you get older? You’re going to be dropped and dumped, or did you plan on marrying Peter here for his money?” My grandmother spat.

I stood up quickly, the chair scraping against the floor; my hands slamming on the table, “I am your daughter, if you all think I’m a whore, whose fault do you think that is?” I shouted, fed up with them. I took Pete’s hand and pulled him up, “Come on Pete,” I ordered leading him out of the room.

I rushed up the stairs with Pete stumbling somewhat as he followed me, “Where are we going?” He asked almost timidly.

“Well as my bedroom is now a yoga room… the washroom,” I announced as I flicked on the light to the tiny yellow room. With that I pushed him into the room and followed slamming and locking the door behind me.

“Babe, are you alright?” Pete asked stepped towards me.

“Just fucking dandy,” I nodded, pulling him closer to me.

When he was close enough I kissed him softly, but once he pressed against my lips I quickly changed that. All too soon we were removing clothing, my hands working at a fast pace.

“Are you sure you want to be doing this?” Pete whispered as he played with my panties.

“Why not? It’s not like we’re hurting anyone,” I panted heavily.

“Well if you’re sure,” He nodded kissing me softly as he pulled down my underwear.

“Oh trust me I’m sure. Now make me scream,” I ordered, pulling on his short hair. He happily complied, and took me against the bathroom door, of my parent’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been forever...
I hope you still liked this and will comment =D