Parallel Universe

010

Flash back to Vic trying to apologize again. I was with Mike, watching a bad horror movie, when he walked into the bus. Ashley and Jaime were sitting on the couch next to Mike and I, enveloped in their own conversation while Mike had been playing with my hair and smiling at me nicely. My eyes darted to Vic and then away. I wanted him to burn. It had been three weeks since I caught him cheating, three weeks since I punched him, three weeks since I talked to him last.

"Gwen," Vic started. He had been trying to make amends for the past three weeks and he always started the same. He always said my name softly, like he still loved me. He was such a good actor. "Gwen please, listen to me. I'm so sorry, it was just that one time and I was drunk. Too drunk. I love you, I never stopped loving you."

I got up and he backed away two steps, afraid that I was going to hit him again. I seethed, "I know it was more than just that one time, Vic. Don't play me." I pushed past him, bumping his shoulder with mine. I heard someone follow me into the sleeping compartment but I knew it wasn't Vic because he would have said my name already.

As I walked away, I heard Ashley say, "She needs a man, not a fucking boy who's scared of her and wears a goddamn pink jacket. Grow up and stop fucking sluts, Vic. You really screwed up." I made my way into my bed. At least I knew I had someone on my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longgggg time since I updated anything.
I havent been writing much but I still like this story.