Wishes Do Come True

A Shooting Star.

Tears ran silently down Greta's face. She walked home from school alone. Music played in her ears but she wasn't really listening. It didn't matter that she was crying. Rain was coming down all around her, no one would see her tears. And even if they did, she wouldn't have cared.

Greta's long brown hair was soaked and dripping. Her clothes clung to her body uncomfortably. She tried to adjust her school jumper but it just flopped back to it's original, wet position. She walked slowly, reflecting on the day that had just passed. Her boyfriend Jamie had broken up with her. But, if that wasn't already bad enough the reason he had broken up with her was the worst one imaginable. He had been "seeing" her best friend Eva and thought it was finally about time to tell her. Greta didn't care about Jamie anymore. He had made his choice and had lost a great girl. It was Eva's actions that upset her. For a whole 3 months she had lied and deceived. They had been best friends since they were 5. That was 10 years of her life with a two-timing, backstabbing, liar that Greta could not get back. She thought that they were going to be best friends their whole lives. She was wrong and she knew it. But that didn't make her feel any better about it.

Greta could not wait to get home and lock herself in her room for a few hours. She loved her room. It was like her sanctuary. Her favourite feature was that it overlooked her front garden. She had spent many nights sitting on the cushioned surface next to her window, just looking out at the beautiful night sky. She had always felt at peace there. Sitting, holding her beloved teddy bear Lucy, whom she had had since she was a baby.

She unlocked the front door quietly. Hoping for no one to notice that she had been crying. If some stranger had noticed it wouldn't have matter, she would probably never see them again. If her parents or brother saw her awkward questions would be asked and at the moment she did not want to deal with them. Greta sneaked quickly up to her room, closing the door behind her silently and locking it. She went into the bathroom adjoining her room. Looking in the mirror she saw a young girl, with lightly tanned skin, brown eyes and tear stained cheeks. She didn't want to get changed in to warm, fresh clothes. She felt like what she had on matched her mood and changing would affect her in a bad way. Greta didn't want to get her bed wet or the soft cushions by her window so she sat, wet and dripping, in the bathroom on the closed toilet.

Greta sat and sat, thinking and listening to the music her iPod played. It was almost 6 o'clock when she finally undressed, showered and put on some clean, dry clothes. She did not feel like eating and simply sat by her window. Tomorrow would be worse than today she thought. Eva was her only friend, to everyone else she was known as "that girl who follows Eva around". Without Eva, Greta would have no one. A feeling of loneliness began to sink in. She wished she had someone else, someone who would be there to comfort her, to help her with the loss of her best friend. She looked over at her bed. Lucy sat and faced her. Greta, with an overwhelming need to hug her got up and grabbed her. She sat again next to the window. The sky outside had already darkened and stars were beginning to appear.

Greta grasped Lucy tightly, hugging away her pain. Lucy was like her rock, she had always been there for her. Even though Eva had always said Lucy was just a toy, Greta disagreed. Lucy was like a best friend. And no one would ever take that from her. Her imagination began to come to life.

Greta walked to school, laughing with a girl no older than herself. She had beautiful blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. It was Lucy her teddy bear, come to life as a girl just like her. A friend who would always be there for her and who would never steal her boyfriend.

Greta shook her head, it would never happen. Lucy would never come to life and Greta knew it. Though she couldn't help but wish and hope. For hours she sat by her window. Thinking, wishing, hoping.

She looked over at her alarm clock. It had already reached midnight. Her stomach rumbled and she yawned deeply. She took one last look at the sky outside, the moon was full and round, emanating light and the stars sparkled playfully. One star caught her eye. Bright and beautiful as it flew through the sky. A shooting star. This was her chance she thought. I wish Lucy would come to life. It was a stupid thing to wish for. She knew it would never come true. She got up and went to bed, falling asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
*claps* I've been meaning to put this up for a while. Finally, I have :D

I'm thinking of making this into a fanfic... with say Nick Jons or Taylor Lautner ^^