I Will Never End Up Like Him

14

"Where's Mabel, Logan, and Landon?" I asked, interrupting his laughter.
"They were making sure that the police got-" he cut himself off and thought for a second, "what they needed."
I smiled at his obvious attempt to not bring Johnny up.
"But that's off subject." he sighed, "Point is. You kissed Patrick." he shrugged.
"Obviously, and?"
"And you like him. He likes you. You keep running and pushing him away." Ryan shrugged.
I frowned, "No, I don't."
He gave me a look that said otherwise, "Stop pushing him away, it's that simple." he shrugged. I didn't say anymore.
"What am I suposed to do in here?!" I groaned pushing my hand down on the bed in attempt to push myself up on the bed. I ended up slipping further down it and groaning. Ryan laughed and stood up, leaning over and helping me sit up a bit more. I heard the door open and Patrick muttering a quiet 'fuck' before it closed again. Ryan stood back up straight and I went to go after him when I hissed and grabbed my hand.
"I'll..." Ryan sighed, "I'll go get him."
He left awkwardly and I could hear him shout 'I'm gay' after Patrick. A nurse (not Kim) opened the door and made a weird face before glancing down the hall after him. Despite the situation I laughed as she walked in.
"Okay then." she laughed.
"Sorry, uh..." I laughed awkwardly.
"No, it's fine..he's gay, I get it." she shrugged. I started laughing really hard. This nurse may possibly be my new best friend.
"He was talking to Patrick, cause...yeah." I laughed.
"Ah, Patrick." she said bouncing her eyebrows up and down. I furrowed my eyebrows and she instantly laughed a little.
"We have security cameras in all the rooms." she said quickly. My eyes widened and I felt the heat creep up my neck as I glanced around and spotted the little camera above the tv.
"Oh." I managed to squeak out.
"Anyway, are you hav-"
"What the fuck?!" Pete snapped slamming open the door, before his eyes stopped on the nurse. He quickly shook it off and glanced at her nametag.
"Sorry, Hana, this will only take a second." he said before turning back to me.
"You cheat on Patrick and make Ryan cheat on Brendon, then you are in here having a tea party with a nurse and...What the fuck?!" he repeated.
"First off. I did none of the above. Secondly, we are talking, not having a tea party, and third you're being an ass." I snapped.
"I don't see how I'm the one being an-"
Pete was cut off by the door slowly opening and a sheepish looking Patrick stepping in. Pete groaned.
"I was in the middle of lecturing her, Patrick!"
"Out, Pete." Patrick said pointing. Pete crossed his arms and stomped out of the room.
"Okay, I'll make this quick. Do you need any painkillers?" Hana asked. There was a little throbbing in my hand where the IV was, but other than that no. I shook my head.
"Okay, then, Kim's off for the night, press the button if you need me." she said before leaving.
Patrick started laughing really hard when she left.
"What?" I mumbled.
"Dude. I didn't think anything was going on. Ryan just started shouting 'I'm gay' and we got all these weird looks, they made him go outside!" Patrick laughed. I went wide eyed.
"Sorry." I sighed.
"You're just...just let me talk, okay?"
I nodded.
"I don't know why you keep pushing me away," damn, "I don't know if it's your way of telling me to fuck off, or leave you alone. I really like you. I don't want you to leave. We all like you. Pete flipped when you went missing. Pete! The one who acts like he never gives a shit! He was a mess! Listen. I know that it was hard for you and all, but you've made it a lot worse than it has to be. We're all here for you. You have the twins and Mabel. I don't want our friendship to die. I will never end up like Cole. I really, really like you. I want to be more than friends, but you can't keep pushing everyone away." Patrick sighed.
I squeezed his hand and....woah. When did my hand get in his?
"I, uhm." I sighed and coughed a little, "I don't want to disappoint you." I sighed.
"Then don't." he whispered leaning in and kissing me again. In that moment, I knew everything could possibly work out. Possibly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is officially on Hiatus.

Until. Further. Notice.

*Runs and hides in Corner*