I Will Never End Up Like Him

8

I had my eyes closed thinking on the short drive.
"Promise that you won't tell the guys." I whispered eyes still closed. I heard him sigh.
"Will you keep talking to me?" he asked. This time I sighed.
"Yes." I opened my eyes and he had this huge grin on his face that he tried to cover up by clearing his throat.
"I promise." he said. I closed my eyes again and when I opened them I was in my driveway. No, not Mabel and the twins driveway, my driveway.
"Why are we here?" I whispered. I walked inside and there was Margo Victor. Sitting on my couch on my phone laughing.
"I got the house, and everything in it that they didn't take!" she said into the phone. I stood there wide eyed disbelieving.
"You bitch!" I yelled causing her to turn in her chair.
"This is my house, Amy, get out!" she yelled.
"Did you kill my parents just to have my house!?" I yelled.
"No, no. I had someone kill them for me." she said like it was nothing. I jumped on her then I heard my name being called and I felt myself being shook gently. I opened my eyes and sat up, I was still in Pete's car, next to Patrick who was looking at me worried.
"That was a dream? I'm not at my house? Margo isn't a bitch?" I asked quickly.
"Umm. It was a dream. You're not at your house and who?" Patrick asked. I sighed and leaned back against the seat.
"Nothing." I said quickly. Gosh I have a weird imagination. Minutes later we were pulling into my driveway, this time by my driveway I mean my foster family's driveway. The car wasn't there and Patrick cursed under his breath. I looked at him confused.
"I forgot to tell them I found you, which means they are still and have been looking for you." he said pulling out his phone. I heard someone answer quickly and Patrick said.
"I found her, help me call everyone else and let them know." and he hung up dialing some more people. After 5 minutes had passed he had gotten a hold of everyone.
"So, let me get this straight," Patrick started, I sat up and looked at him expectantly, "You never talked to me tonight, you are going to keep secretly talking to me, I can't tell anyone, and I found you, how?" he asked. I nodded to the first things then thought. hmm. "You remembered how easy it was to get lost in the woods, and had a feeling that I would be there." I stated proudly.
"That's lame, what am I? Psychic. How bout.." he closed his eyes, thinking, "I remembered how we got lost in the woods and remembered that you went there to clear your mind?"
"But I never go there to clear my mind." I said confused.
"Yeah, but you can pretend that you do, and if anyone asks, you will just nod, cause they wouldn't know." I nodded, he had a point.
"Sounds good to me, let's get inside." I said getting out.
"But won't it be locked?" he asked also getting out. I shook my head and went up to the door swinging it open. I headed up to my room and he followed. I grabbed some pj's and took them into the bathroom, spraying myself with febreeze praying I don't reek of smoke, that alley is filled with it. I slipped into my pajamas and tossed the clothes I took off in a hamper in the hallway stepping back to my room. I motioned for him to follow me and headed downstairs, sitting on the couch. He sat next to me and I flipped on the tv. Barely 10 minutes had passed before everyone, and I mean, everyone started coming in. Mabel, Logan, Landon, Pete Joe Spencer Andy and their parents. Ryan, Jon, Brendon, Spencer, and Cole. Shocking. Mabel ran over and hugged me.
"I was so worried about you, hun!" she exclaimed. I hugged her back. I dropped the sour attitude a bit, with Mabel you had to. She was just that nice. She let go and everyone flooded in.
"Well, that's the second time we've had to get a search party to fish you out of the woods. I think that you need to stop getting lost." Andy said.
"Especially with Patrick." Pete decided to throw in. I rolled my eyes.
"Speaking of Patrick." Pete said raising an eyebrow and waiting a second, "How did you even decide to look in the woods?" he asked. Thanks goodness Patrick thought ahead.
"It's easy to get lost in there, and I knew she went there when she wanted to clear her mind." he shrugged. I smiled looking down at my feet. Cole looked stunned, kind of like someone shoved a pole up his ass. I glared at him and he ran over apologizing and hugging me. So he knew. Of course! I pushed him away and glared harder. I didn't want him to cause a scene in front of everyone. I ignored him looking up at everyone else, who stared at us confused. I stood up and walked over to them.
"Well, don't go into the woods anymore. School starts in like 2 hours, kay?" Joe said ruffling my hair. He knew I hated it when he did that, and of course he exagerated, it does not start in 2 hours. I nodded anyway. None of them really said much, they all looked super tired. The parents hugged me when they left, and that's when I noticed Cole's family was there, too. They said their 'I'm so sorry's' and all that crap. I hugged all the guys except for Cole. Everyone left and Patrick was a bit, too, smiley. I headed to my room and fell asleep really fast. I woke up and looked at my clock. 2 pm? I was still tired though so I shrugged it off and went back to sleep. I woke up at 4 and decided I should get up. That dream last night confused me more than ever. I mean, I know for a fact that what happened to my parents was an accident, and I know that Margo is not sitting in my house talking on the phone. I sat up and walked downstairs. No one was down there, guess they aren't home yet. I was making toast. I like it burnt then smothered with butter, I know, weird, right? It's actually delicious. I heard the shower turn on and put the toast on a plate heading upstairs. I knocked on the bathroom door...no answer. I walked into the twins room and Logan was in there writing or something. It was homework. I stared over his shoulder until he turned and almost fell out of his chair.
"Oh, goodmorning?" he laughed. "Mom said we could all use a day of rest, so she let us stay home." he explained. I nodded and headed out and back downstairs. I finished my toast and layed down for a while. Not to sleep, just to think. I layed there for a long time, about 3 hours, when I decided to go out. I motioned to Mabel and she nodded, but told me, no woods. I headed for the alley and got there in record timing. There were already people there and I wasn't noticed by anyone except that guy from last time.
"Come back for more?" he asked. I nodded.
"How much do you have?" I held up my hand making a 'zero'. "You don't talk, do you?" he asked. I shook my head. "Well, there is a way you can get drugs without money if you're interested." I nodded.
---
That wasn't bad at all, and it got me way more pot than 10 dollars did. I had already lost my virginity to Cole, so it really didn't matter. I know what you're thinking. What a slut! But I am not, really. It was one guy, and it was just to get drugs, plus he used a condom, so it's safe. I stuck them in my bag and headed home. I got there and slid into the shower immediatly before I could be seen. I was exhausted, sex tends to do that though, but I thought the shower would wake me up. It didn't. I ate dinner with Mabel, the twins were at a friends house or something. I went up to my room and sat on the window sill with my feet hanging out. I decided that I could smoke right here. So I pulled a paper and some pot out of my bag and lit it. It was nice, itfelt even better cutting yourselfwhen you're high. I fell asleep fast and woke up to take a nice cold shower. I know, cold? but it doesn't sting the cuts as much. I got out and dried off. I had extra time, so I actually dried and fixed my hair a little. I slipped on a hoodie and of course! I forgot to wash my jeans yesterday, and my other pair have blood on them! I looked down at my plaid pajama pants and then went to knock on the twins door. Landon opened it. I motioned to my pants and he looked confused. I walked into his room and opened one of his dresser drawers looking for a pair of jeans. Thank goodness they wear jeans that actually fit them, though they will still slide off of me, I can wear a belt. I pulled out the only pair I saw and he nodded. I am assuming that means I can borrow them. I slipped them on, yeah they slide down. I went over to my closet and pulled out a belt, that kept them up, but they still look really big. Oh well, they are kind of comfortable. I slipped on some shoes and rushed to the car. We got to school pretty fast. I got my books for first period and a bunch of people were staring at me. I looked back at them confused. Finally someone approached me.
"Did you run away?" someone asked. I looked confused. Then a couple other people came over.
"Why are you living with Logan and Landon?"
"Where did you get lost?" "How long were you lost?" I shrugged all of these off until I heard someone say "How did your parents die?" I looked at the ground and took off out the doors of the school. What the fuck? Did someone seriously just ask me that? I got out when I saw Pete's car pull up. Of course they were late. I practically smacked into Patrick crying. He looked concerned and wrapped his arms around me.
"Oh my gosh! Amy, what's wrong?" Pete asked running around the car. He joined mine and Patrick's hug. We stood there for about 5 minutes in silence, before Patrick broke it.
"Come on, let's go to class." I looked up at him and nodded, wiping my eyes. I waited for them to get their stuff at their lockers, no way was I walking into that class alone. About 5 minutes later we all stood outside the door.
"Here goes nothing." Pete mumbled twisting the doorknob. Patrick looked at me reassuringly. Pete walked in first, followed by Patrick, and I followed after him. Everyone was looking, I could feel their eyes, but I was staring at the ground.
"Ah, Mr. Wentz, Mr. Stump, and Mrs. Wilson, how nice of you to join us." I followed Patrick to our seats that were in the back. We are in alphabetical order by last name in most classes so me, Patrick,and Pete sit in the back, and near eachother most of the time. I sat down and pulled out my book like a good girl. Lunchtime arrived and Andy and Joe had gone to Joe's great uncle's funeral out of town today. So I guess they were excused for the rest of the week...lucky people. I sat down next to Patrick, I have been clinging onto him all day.
"Amy, I am so sorry about your parents!" some senior said. I scowled at him. He just gave an 'understanding' look. Yeah right! Like he understands. Next a group of cheerleaders came over and started apologizing, too. Eventually there was a mob of people around me. I smacked my head into the table, and held up both my middle fingers as high as I could, with my head still against the table. I heard a lot of gasps, some people mumbling 'bitch' under their breath, does it look like I care? Apparently someone told a teacher. Stupid. I got sent to the principal's office. I flipped off the teacher for the heck of it.
"We have a new Andy." Pete mumbled. The principal made me go to the school counselor. A fucking counselor?! I don't think so! I was going to just leave, but the principal escorted me there. I plopped into the chair and crossed my arms.
"So, Amy, what's wrong?" she asked. She is Ms. Tarrence the school counselor. I shrugged.
"Amy, I know your parents have...." I tuned her out after that and leaned my head back on the chair closing my eyes. I fell asleep. haha.
"AMY WILSON!" she yelled causing me to sit up and look at her confused.
"Just go." she said pointing to the door. I smirked and got up running out. I smacked into a random student and backed up looking around. It was already time to leave? Sweet. So she lectured me for like...an hour while I slept. Haha. Sucks for her. I ran out of the doors, but decided it wasn't a good idea, seeing all of the people heading towards me to say they're sorry. I turned around and ran back into the school. I ran into Jon, I physically ran into him. I held my hands up to say sorry. He just laughed and nodded. I looked around behind him to see where everyone else was.
"Hey, I think we are all hanging out at Brendon's, want to come?" he asked. I nodded.
"Kay, but don't let his parents eat you, or lead you into their mormon cult, cool?" he said. I almost laughed, but made sure to make no noise and cracked a big smile nodding.
"The smile on your face let's me know that you need me!" Pete sang running over and hugging me. My smile immediatly faded and I made a disgusted face pushing him off. Jon laughed, amused. This was all new to him. Patrick walked over and I immediatly stepped next to him.
"So, if I saved your life would you cling to me?" Ryan asked walking up. I glared at him, but the rest of the guys just laughed. I texted both the twins and they said it was okay. I got in the backseat of Pete's car with Patrick in the front. Brendon lives in a nice house. It reminds me of my old one. Only his parents aren't always on business trips, nope, they are always right there. I actually feel sorry for Brendon. I walked into the house and everyone said their 'hi's to Brendon's parents.
"Hey mom, these are, uh, my new friends, Pete, Patrick, and Amy." Brendon addressed us the order we were standing, sure we had hung out with Brendon plenty of times, just never at his house. They all nodded, smiling, and waved.
"So, Brendon, Amy is pretty." his mom said. I blushed immediatly looking down. What the hell? Was Jon serious, are they going to eat me?! Brendon went wide eyed and put his face in his hands groaning.
"MOM! Amy is just my friend! Gosh!"
His mom just sighed and nodded everyone else had huge grins on their faces, holding back laughter. Brendon led us up to his room. It was awesome. Kind of hard to describe, but it covered the whole upstairs. Guess that's what happens when you're an only child. Once we got to his room everyone got their laughs and giggles out.
"Sorry about that, my mom thinks that I'm gay or something, cause I only hang out with guys." Brendon said rolling his eyes. I smiled a little. My parents went through a phase where they thought I was a lesbian, because I only hung out with guys, which is the opposite, but they soon realized I wasn't. My smile grew as I stared at the ground laughing on the inside. It eventually died down and I sat down on the couch.
"Awww! Brenny, it's okay." Ryan said, between his laughs. He was the only one still laughing, he slung an arm over Brendon's shoulder.
"Ryan. This is why my parents think I am gay." he said pushing his arm off.
"I know." he sighed.
We sat around Brendon's room talking. I am surprised they even want me to come along, I just sit and nod, or stare into space. Brendon's parents called everyone down to eat dinner. His parents are very welcoming. The downside is they talk about me like I am the first girl they've ever seen their entire lives, and act like I am gold, it's quite scary, actually.
"Brendon, I like Amy."his dadstarted. Everyone looked at me, andI looked at his dad confused.
"you should hang out with her more often, she's a good example, her jeans are looser than yours." I thought his dad was joking, but nope. He kept the same expression and continued eating his dinner. Funny, cause, my jeans are normally tighter than heck, these aren't my jeans though.
"Her jeans aren't looser than mine?" Brendon said looking at me confused. Everyone ate pretty fast. We all pretty much sprinted up to Brendon's room when we were done.
"Dude, your jeans aren't tight, what the heck? I thought I taught you better!" Pete gasped. I rolled my eyes.
"Why aren't you wearing skinny jeans?" Pete asked, fake gasping, again. When he realized I wasn't going to answer he decided to guess.
"Okay, ummm, you don't like them anymore?"I shook my head no.
"You gained 10 pounds?" I shook my head no again and hit him on the arm. After a bunch of unsuccessful random guesses he gave up.
"So, Amy, sorry again, about my parents, they are, ummm, annoying." Brendon apologized again. I waved my hand saying it's okay.
"I can't believe they actually mentioned your jeans though, they haven't done that since they met Jon!" Spencer laughed. Me, Patrick, and Pete, all glanced at Jon curiously.
"Oh, well, see, one day, Brendon used his seduction powers, to get me to come over, so his parents did the same thing, and I think they judge people by the tightness of their jeans." Jon explained. We all laughed a little. My phone started ringing. I looked at the caller I.D. It was Mabel.I picked it up.
"Hey, honey! Have you eaten? Where are you?" I was silent. I debated handing the phone to Patrick, then decided to. He looked at the name.
"Hello?" he said. I heard Mabel's voice, but couldn't tell what she was saying.
"Oh, yeah, she's eaten. We are all hanging out at Brendon's." he said.
"Yeah that's what we were planning."
"Can she? Her parents used to let her." Patrick immediatly shot his head up when he said parents, looking sorry. I shrugged it off.
"Umm...since 8th grade."
"In the woods."
We were all looking at him confused.
"Cole."
"Yeah. I promise. Nothing at all."
"Okay, bye." he hung up and handed me my phone.
"Care to explain, Mr. Patrick." Pete said.
"Well she asked if you were staying here all night, and I said that was teh pan, then I said that you were allowed to, and then she gave me the third degree, asking me how long I've known you, where I met you, how I met you, then I had to promise that we wouldn't rape you, but none the less your allowed to stay the night." he said. I had forgotten it was Friday to be quite honest. I looked at Brendon, I was surprised to see him nodding, his parents are going to let me stay the night?
"My parents won't care. They think I am gay, so it's not like anything different will happen if a girl spends the night." he shrugged, was he reading my mind? So that's that. We all spent the night. We sat around. The tv was on, none of us were watching it. I took off my belt, cause it was jabbing into my stomach ifI laid down.
"Woah! Clothes on." Pete scolded. I rolled my eyes. Everyone just happened to have brought changes of clothes, well, except Pete who just walked around in his boxers, comfortable as ever.
"Pete, you're the one not really wearing clothes." Ryan decided to point out.
"Fine, clothes off." Pete sighed. I just looked at him.
After a while of talking Brendon pulled open his dresser drawer and tossed me some sweatpants and a tshirt.
"You can sleep in that, and the bathroom is over there." he said pointing to a door. I nodded and got up. Patrick was glaring at Brendon. Why? I don't know. I looked at the tshirt..it was short sleeves. No way. I kept my hoodie on and walked out tossing the tshirt back towards him. He threw it ontop of his dresser. Around midnight my phone rang. It was Jake. I pressed ignore.
"Was that Joe or Andy?" Patrick asked, nosy! I shook my head.
"Who?" I pulled up the missed call and showed him.
"Ah, doesn't he know the time difference?" he laughed. I shrugged. Everyone was staring curiously. I just layed down as Patrick explained. I was kind of annoyed I was staying here tonight. I would've rather been at home so I could get a joint in. I closed my eyes.
"No! Joe's not here to keep you awake! Patrick help!" Pete said. He started singing banana phone, just like Joe, only he actually knewmore of the words.
"Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone,ding dong ding dong ding dong ding, donanana phone!! It grows in bunches, I've got my hunches, it's the best, beats the rest!" I sat up and he shut up smirking. I glared at him. Why won't they let me sleep anyway? I am not going to talk. Patrick and Pete started getting tired about an hour later, no surprise there. However the rest of the guys weren't.
"How can you be tired?" Spencer asked as Patrick yawned. He pointed at me. I looked back innocently.
"This is the first time we have spent the night with anyone, but her, so normally we all go to sleep early."
"Well, that's gonna change." Spencer said. I slapped my head and fell backwards. I don't want that to change, I want to go to sleep. The night went on forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
So..I wanted to write more, but I didn't have time, I will try to get the next chapter up shortly