Silence Screams the Truth

Chapter 3

I drove for about 19 hours before I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I had already driven through Iowa, Nebraska, and part of Colorado. That's where I decided to stop at. I exited off the highway and looked for a motel to stay at for the night. I quickly found one that didn't look to bad and pulled into the parking lot.

I walked up to the front desk and rang the little bell on the counter. A few seconds later a person who appeared to have worked there came up to me.

"Welcome. How may I help you?" he asked.

"I would like to rent a room for the night," I responded.

"Okay that's going to be $23.50. Will that be cash or credit?"

"Credit card," I said as I reached into my purse and pulled out my master card I had gotten a few years back incase of emergencies. I quickly handed it to him and watched as he swiped the card.

"Okay. Here's your room key. Enjoy your stay."

"Thank You." I took the key he handed me and my car, then grabbed the duffel bag that had my clothes for the next day.

As soon as I reached the room, I quickly locked the door and headed into the shower. Showers always relaxed me when i was stressed out.

I quickly finished up my shower and stepped out. I wiped the steam off the mirror and just looked at myself.

I searched the face of the girl staring back at me, but all I saw was a girl who had been broken. I looked at my reflection for a few more minutes before sighing and slowly walking back Into the room to slipped on the pajamas I had brought with me. I grabbed teddy, the bear my mom had given me all those years ago, and went over to lie down in the bed. I sat there for about an hour trying to fall asleep, but finally gave seeing as I was still wide awake. As I was sitting there I thought about what I was doing. I couldn't help but feel as if I shouldn't have left. Its not like I was leaving anybody behind. My father wouldn't alow me to have friends. Everytime someone would talk to me my dad would find some way to scare them away. I didn't even know how he did it. One day they would talk to me and the next day they would avoid me like I was the plague or something. So eventually I just gave up on having friends. As I thought about it, I came to the conclusion that I was doing the right thing by getting out of there, so I pushed my thoughts aside and tried to sleep again. My eyes soon fluttered closed and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The next time I woke up the sun was starting to seep through the shades covering the window. So I slowly got out of bed and put on my outfit for the day. Then I quickly put my pajamas back in my bag, and checked the room making sure I wasn't forgetting anything. After I was sure I hadn't I grabbed my bag and teddy and made my way to the car. I quickly put my stuff in then went to the office to return the key. After that was done I got in my car and got back on the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decide to rewrite this chapter and chapter 2. I read over them and decided they sucked so yeah. I don't have nothing better to do anyways.
Also, I know the story's going kind of slow. But i promise it's gonna speed up in the next 2 or 3 chapters.
I'm going to be trying to update everday if not every other day.
Also I was going to put a picture, but I decided against it. You can use your imagination to picture the character
Well I hope you like the story so far.
Don't forget to comment!!!
:-D