We Don't Need These Happy Endings.

Chapter 3

Daeva held a long, wide blade covered in sharp spikes to the throat of the terrified man on the floor. His face was ashen grey, and moised from sweat, and he seemed like he was about to have a heart attack. "You're lying." she whispered cruelly, pushing the blade down a bit, a couple of the spikes causing slow trickles of blood to run down his neck and stain his shirt. "Now tell me where he is." The tone of her voice sent another shiver down his spine.

"I don't know" he repeated, choking out the words as best he could with a mouth dry from terror and a blade up against his throat.
"You're a stupid, stupid old man." she told him, wiith an evil grin on her face, making it blatantly obvious that she was enjoying his pain. "I've already killed her..." At this point, Daeva paused to kick the body of the dead, blood-covered woman lying on the floor next to the man. "Tell me where he is, or you'll end up like her." Anger filled her face, and she looked at him with pure hatred.

The old man shook his head. "I don't know." he protested atgain. Their 'discussion' was cut short by the loud yowling of a cat, coming from the garden. A wide, cruel smile once again spread across her face.
"Good night, old man. I don't need you anymore." she shoved the barbed blade downwards, and he let out a long groan as he died, and his blood covered the kitchen floor.

Daeva lifted her weapon, and walked to the sink, stepping over the bodies of the dead couple. She turned on the warm water, and proceeded to wash the blood off her blade.
"Stupid boys." she said to herself. "Come to warn your parents, did you? That was a bad idea... because now I know exactly where you are..." She said and stroked her blade. The long knife turned into a simple ballpoint pen. "Stupid boys." She repeated, and put the 'pen' in her purse. "But all the better for me."

------------------------------------------

The vanload of frightened passengers was about two hours from the house in New Jersey.
"So.. we're just gonna keep driving?" Mikey, who was currently in human form, asked Ray from the trunk of the van.
"Got a better idea?" Ray Toro replied, and Mikey stayed silent. "Didn't think so."

"I... I don't understand." Alicia whispered. "Who is she?"
Nobody answered, and the van was silent. Mikey bit his lip, and opened his mouth to answer.

"About five years ago... Gerard met this girl.. She loved him more than anything... But he wasn't interested. One christmas, we were in church, and she was there too. She promised Gerard that she would die for him, and she kissed him... But he still wasn't interested. I don't see why, man." he interrupted his own story. "She was sweet, hot, and all over you!"
Gerard glared. "Mikey..." he said warningly.
"Oh.. right. Anyways, she eventually lost interest, moved on, once she realised that nothing was gonna happen between them."
"So what was the problem then?" Alicia asked, captivated by the story.
"I'm getting to it, I'm getting to it!" Mikey exclaimed. "Anyways, Gee was coming home from work late one day, I think he was out drinking or something.. but that's not the point. He was coming home late, and he got mugged. When he said he had no money, the guys stabbed him a few times over in the chest... he should have died, but..."
"But she died instead..." His wife finished the sentence for him. Mikey nodded.
"The doctors still don't understand the cause of death... apparently she just dropped dead..."
Alicia looked at him silently, fear in her eyes.

"After she died, Gee started seeing her ghost everywhere... She kept telling him that it was his fault, that his life was rightfully hers and that he stole it... that she was coming back one day to take it back..."
"Oh my god..." Alicia said. "So she's trying to kill Gerard?"

Mikey nodded again. "The thing is, by now she'll have killed our parents..." his breathing hitched, and Alicia hugged him. "And she'll have found out that Way blood, blood like Gerard's, causes her to-" he stopped as Ray suddenly stepped on the breaks, stopping the van in the middle of the road.

Everyone was looking at him wide-eyed, their hearts still beating fast from the sudden stop.

"Where's Frankie?" he asked them all.