Just watch my wildest dreams come true

Meeting Pippa and the gang

I stared at my watch for a moment, wow - I’m going to be late meeting Pippa if I don’t hurry up. I take my iPod out and put it on shuffle. Muse – Supermassive Black Hole the screen read. Yes! I love this song! I jammed it on up to full volume to block out the stress of the fast approaching exam. It’s a real wonder why I’m not a smoker or heavy drinker, perhaps even worse. My life is completely stressful. Full stop.

I’m about half way up the hill Pippa and I usually meet at. I can see her slim figure at the top of the hill, dressed in black and I can see her in her tiny skirt and famous stripy above-the-knee socks. I grinned to myself and broke into a sprint up to the top. Pippa saw me approaching and she ran down to meet me. Hah! We probably looked like the nutters we are – I don’t know how rare it is to catch two “emos” running up and down a hill. Seriously.

“Pippa!” I screamed.

“Cath!” She yelled in reply. We kept on running until we slammed into each other and our notes went up into the air and everywhere. We rolled around on the turf for a bit in fits of laughter, our usual routine for greeting each other, then collected everything up.

“I missed you so fucking much Pippy Longstockings!”

“Hey! Me too! But more.” She panted.

“Nuh-uh not possible” I replied.

“It so is” She insisted. Then it continued on like then until we were truly breathless.

“Best friends forever?” I asked

“Best friends forever” she insisted.

“Race me to school?” I didn’t wait for her to reply. An evil grin spread across my face and in the next split second we both broke into a manic sprint. I had the upper hand, but Pippa represented our school in 100+ metres sprinting. And she won all the time, so she overtook me within about 20 seconds. I kept close behind, soon we saw the school building approaching and with one final rush of anaerobic energy I sprinted past Pippa and ran towards our friendship group hanging around outside. I didn’t know how but I beat Pippa!

“Hey!” said Gerard, “the maniacs have escaped from the funny farm!”

I let out giggle at what my old friend said. I hugged him, along with Mikey – Gerard’s younger brother, Bob – my quietest mate, Peace – my Swedish friend and Ray and Frank, Frank being completely opposite to Bob.

“Haaiiiii Cath and Pippa!!” screeched Frank.

“Hey Frank, I missed you too” And I gave him a big hug. He was about three inches shorter than me and a lightweight at drinking, but bloody hell, he has a constant stream of energy. “Everyone ready for the exam?”, they all let out a groan. But there was only one thing that could ruin my good mood.

“I’ve been revising all week” said a horribly familiar voice – Ruth.

I have never liked that girl since I laid eyes on her, it seems unfair to say, but kudos to myself – I was correct, she has been clinging onto our group for three months, ever since she joined. Not that it was a problem, but she has been trying to take control of everything we do and tried to split us up. She then thinks it is perfectly okay to date the guy that Pippa likes; and what’s most disgusting is that she thinks that Pippa is her best friend. I felt the rest of my group tense with anger and she strutted up to us. Couldn’t she see that she made us dislike her so?.

“Ruth” I said.

“Catherine” she said back.

“Good luck for science” I say. I may hate a person but I was brought up to use class and be the “better” person in any situation. She ignored me and grabbed Peace.
“Come on, Peace” she said dragging her away. Poor Peace, I hate that bitch, that stupid domineering, shit stirring shrew. I could see the irritation in Peace’s eyes. I looked at our crew, we all know what is said behind her back by everyone.

“Good luck, everyone” I muttered before heading into the exam with them.