Fake My Smile

Catching Up

Brian’s P.O.V

I put my phone to my ear as I tried to jiggle the lock on the back door, seeing as Rosie had been quiet for a while now and I was slightly worried. As my phone kept ringing I shouted for Jimmy.

“Yo,” he grinned.

“You can pick locks right?”

Jimmy nodded with a proud smile, making me chuckle and roll my eyes.

“Get it open,” I gestured to the door.

He saluted me so I kicked him in the ass before smiling as my beautiful wife finally answered her phone.

“Hey baby,” she said into the phone and I could hear the smile in her voice.

“Hey sweetheart,” I replied as my gaze went down to Jimmy who was now sitting cross-legged with his tongue sticking out of his mouth as he worked on the door. “God I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too Brian, especially since you seemed to have neglected to phone me these last couple of days.”

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “Yeah...about that...”

“What? What is it?” Lyndsey’s voice came through panicked and I had a feeling millions of bad thoughts about me were whirling about in her head.

I chuckled and shook my head even though she couldn’t see me.

“Baby, it’s nothing like that,” I assured her before clearing my throat as Jimmy finally got the door open. “Rosie and Zack had a fight.”

My face fell as I saw Rosie curled up on the couch, a cushion in her arms and hugged tightly to her chest. You could see marks down her cheeks where her makeup had run due to her crying and it broke my heart to see her like this.

“What do you mean they had a fight?”

“Jimmy could you take her to her bunk?” I asked him before turning my attention back to Lyndsey. “We went out the other night to a club and Rosie met up with an old friend called Ben...”

“Ben? Tall? Dark hair? Grey eyes?”

“That would be the one. You know him?”

“No,” she replied with a small sigh. “I know of him. Rosie used to talk about him a lot before...”

“Before what?”

“Never mind...just, what does Ben have to do with anything?”

I paused for a moment, wondering what she was hiding before shaking that thought away and leaning against the bunks opposite to Rosie’s.

“She went back to Ben’s that night and when she got back in the morning Zacky flipped out. I was supposed to tell him where she went but I forgot,” I explained.

“Brian,” Lyndsey sighed in frustration.

“I know okay? I’ve already kicked myself for it but that’s not it. They got into an argument because Rosie didn’t understand why he was so angry and then he...he accused her of sleeping around and being a slut.”

It was silent on the other end for a moment and I had a feeling my words were still sinking in.

“He did what?” She shrieked and I winced slightly.

“Rosie kept ignoring him and I’ve been keeping an eye on her but everything kind of came to a head today.”

“What happened?”

“Not completely sure. We all heard them arguing and then she suddenly screamed that she hated him...now she’s threatening to leave. Well not so much threatening. She told us all that she quit.”

“That fucking...” Lyndsey muttered. “Can I talk to her?”

“She’s asleep. She locked herself in the back room and we’ve only just managed to get in.”

Lyndsey sighed and I could hear the tremor in it and my heart fell to my stomach as I heard her sniff.

“Baby, please don’t cry.”

“Sorry,” she sniffed. “Fuck I feel so useless over here. I wish I was with you.”

“Me too. I miss you so much and you’d be so much better than me in this situation.”

“Well duh,” she chuckled, though her laugh was somewhat watery. “I’d have beaten his ass to the ground by now.”

I smirked and laughed slightly. “That’s why you’re my firecracker.”

“That’s not the only reason,” she reminded me and I couldn’t stop the images that flicked through my head.

“Don’t start that,” I groaned slightly and ran a hand down my face.

Lyndsey giggled and I grinned. She fell silent and I knew that she was thinking. I could see her in my head with her forehead cradled in her hand and her nose scrunched up slightly as she tried to work through her thoughts.

“Where are you guys headed now?”

“Erm...Manchester, why?”

I could hear paper in the background before I heard the sound of our computer loading up.

“Because,” she explained. “I’m coming to England.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chewed my lip as I looked up at the screen that said where each of the flights were coming in. Lyndsey had managed to catch a flight at the last minute and was coming in now. It was the day after Zacky and Rosie had fought on the bus and Rosie had spent the majority of it in her bunk. We’d confiscated her phone and her laptop so she couldn’t book a ticket to take her away from us. We’d also spent the majority of the day keeping Zacky away from her.

It had only been two weeks since I’d seen Lyndsey but I was dying to have her in my arms again, just to have her where she should be – by my side. Being away from her killed me and I was so excited to see her, though I did wish that it wasn’t because she’d come to kill one of my band mates.

My eyes lit up as I saw that her plane had just landed so I made my way to where I’d be meeting her. I leant up against a nearby pillar, my eyes downcast to the floor as I let my eyes close for a second. These last few days had been very stressful and I was definitely starting to feel it.

“Baby!”

My head snapped up as I heard her voice and I pushed myself off the pillar and grinned as Lyndsey ran towards me, her suitcase dragging haphazardly behind her before she just dropped it and leapt at me. I chuckled and caught her in my arms before pressing my lips to hers.

“Fuck I’ve missed you,” I breathed once we’d pulled away.

Lyndsey grinned before kissing me again, her fingers running through my hair and tugging at it slightly. I groaned and pulled her closer to me but pulled away after a moment and making her whine slightly.

“Trust me, there is nothing more that I want to do right now,” I told her before swallowing. “But we are in a public place.”

Lyndsey giggled as she wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her face against my chest. I rested my head on top of hers, inhaling the smell of her shampoo and squeezing her gently.

“Okay, get me to the bus so I can kill your other guitarist and once I’m done doing that,” she smirked up at me before getting her suitcase. “We have some catching up to do.”

I shuddered at the tone in her voice as I walked over to her and slung my arm around her shoulders. I dropped a kiss on the top of her head as I led her out of the airport, happy to have my wife with me again. God only knows how much I’d missed her.

Rosie’s P.O.V

Seeing as I had been banned from using my phone and my laptop, I had found the last day pretty boring on the bus. I was refusing to talk to any of them since the ones who weren’t Zacky were trying to convince me to stay and Zacky was trying to convince me to talk to him. I wanted to do neither of these things. I wanted to go home and curl up under my covers and ignore the world, especially Zacky.

But the boys were having none of this. And short of jogging and then swimming and then jogging a bit more to get home, I was stuck on this glorified tin can on wheels.

“I’m going to fucking kill you Zachary Baker!”

My head shot up slightly from the book I was reading as I heard that screamed through the bus. I could pick that scream out from anywhere. Lyndsey was on the bus and from the sounds of it, she was livid. I climbed out of my bunk quickly and ran to the front in time to see Lyndsey push Zacky hard against the chest, making him stumble back slightly but she just ran straight up to him.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” She asked as she hit him again. “I always thought you were as fucking dumb as you look and you’ve fucking proven it! You’re a fucking dickhead!”

Zacky yelped as she hit him again and he brought his arms up to protect his head as she began smacking him continuously round the head.

“Gates!” He shrieked. “Control your wife!”

I looked over at Brian and smirked slightly as he shook his head with a chuckle.

“Dude, I would but this is so fucking entertaining.”

The other guys laughed as they too just sat there and watched as Lyndsey took out her anger on the boy. I simply leant against the side, not being noticed by any of them, and watched the show.

“You,” Lyndsey warned Zacky lowly, her finger coming up and prodding him in the bruise he had there from me throwing my book at him. “You are so fucking lucky that they need you in this band otherwise you would be so dead right now.”

I chuckled and Lyndsey’s gaze flickered over to me. She grinned before pushing Zacky out the way and walked over to me.

“Rosie! Where have you been all my life?” She asked dramatically and threw her arms around me. “Right boys, stay out of the back. The girls are catching up.”

She led me through to the back and shut the door, turning to look at me with her arms crossed over her chest and a stern look in her eyes. I groaned and flopped down on to the couch.

“You’re going to make me talk.”

“Damn straight I’m going to make you talk!” Lyndsey shot out, her hands flying up in to the air for a moment. “What the hell’s been going on?”

“Well I’m guessing by the way you greeted Zacky that you already know this,” I muttered. “And I’m guessing since you are here that Brian probably told you.”

Lyndsey sighed and came to sit beside me. “I know what he knows. All Brian told me was about the argument you had with Zacky at the hotel about Ben and what Brian heard of the fight you had with him yesterday. Rosie, tell me what happened.”

I took a breath and shrugged as I slumped against the back of the couch, explaining to Lyndsey exactly what had happened. I told her each word that passed Zacky and I’s lips and told her each action as it had happened.

“So you’re the reason he has the bruise on his forehead?” She chuckled.

I cracked a small smile and nodded. “Yup. That was me.”

Lyndsey smiled softly and wrapped her arm around me, pulling me into her side and giving me a hug. A hug that I hadn’t realised I’d needed in the last day until then. And it was that moment that I broke down in tears once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is more of a filler than anything else really.
But I hope you liked it nonetheless.
Comments make me grin like the fool that I am =D x