Fake My Smile

Moments Like This

By the time Lyndsey and I got back to the table we were lucky enough to witness the end of Jimmy’s song.

“I kissed a girl and I liked it. The taste of her cherry chap-stick. I kissed a girl just to try it. I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it. It felt so wrong. It felt so right. Don’t mean I’m in love tonight,” he sang as he danced about the stage.

Jimmy also looked like he’d been possessed by an octopus.

“I kissed a girl and I liked it!”

I shook my head and laughed at the goofy grin on Jimmy’s lips. He bowed a couple of times before bounding over to our table and sitting beside Rhian. He looked at her for a second before leaning forward and kissing her.

“Hey! Get your filthy paws off of my cousin!” Sarah yelled and threw Hayley’s pencil at Jimmy’s head.

Jimmy didn’t pull away from Rhian and by the way Rhian flipped Sarah off and then tangled her fingers in his hair, I had a feeling she didn’t mind.

“Lyndsey, you’re next.”

Lyndsey giggled and clapped before kissing her husband quickly and grabbing my hand.

“I’m taking Rosie for moral support,” Lyndsey grinned and she dragged me to the stage.

I rolled my eyes as she glanced at the screen, giggling once more as she read what song she was doing. I had a peek too and laughed because I knew Lyndsey would get very into this song.

“Listen baby. Ain’t no mountain high enough. Ain’t no valley low. Ain’t no river wide enough baby. If you need me, call me. No matter where you are. No matter how far,” Lyndsey sang with a big smile. “Don’t worry baby. Just call my name. I’ll be there in a hurry. You don’t have to worry.”

She grabbed my hand and pulled me more onto the stage, twirling herself beneath my arm and grinning up at me.

“’Cause baby there ain’t no mountain high enough. Ain’t no valley low enough. Ain’t no river wide enough,” she sang as she jumped away from me before pointing at me. “To keep me from getting to you babe.”

I laughed as she lowered her voice for that line, making her sound slightly manly.

“Remember the day, I set you free. I told you, you could always count on me darling. From that day on, I made a vow I’ll be there when you want me. Someway, somehow,” Lyndsey smiled as she bounced about the stage, grabbing one of my hands so I’d bounce with her. “’Cause baby, there ain’t no mountain high enough. Ain’t no valley low enough. Ain’t no river wide enough to keep me from getting to you babe.”

I looked over at our table to see them all watching in amusement, except Sarah who was shouting the lyrics out as Lyndsey sang.

“Oh no darling. No wind, no rain, nor winter storm. Can’t stop me baby, no, no baby. ‘Cause you are my goal. If you’re ever in trouble, I’ll be there on the double. Just send for me. Oh baby! My love is alive way down in my heart. Although we are miles apart. If you ever need a helping hand, I’ll be there on the double just as fast as I can.”

Lyndsey thrust the microphone in my face and I rolled my eyes but complied anyway.

“Don’t you know that there ain’t no mountain high enough. Ain’t no valley low enough. Ain’t no river wide enough to keep me from getting to you babe,” I sang and Lyndsey smiled before nodding and taking the microphone back.

“Don’t you know that there ain’t no mountain high enough,” she sang. “Ain’t no valley low enough. Ain’t no river wide enough to keep me from getting to you babe.”

The song finished and Lyndsey threw herself at me, making me stumble backwards a couple of steps.

“I love you Rosie,” Lyndsey whispered against my shoulder. “And I am here if you need me. Don’t lock things up all the time okay?”

I bit my lip and nodded as I hugged her back.

“Love you too Lyndsey.”

She smiled and went to let go so we could go off stage but instead we found ourselves both shrieking as we were tackled to the floor. I groaned in pain as I hit the floor, Lyndsey’s elbow knocking me in the stomach. I looked up to see who had tackled us and glared at the innocent smile on Brian’s face. He wriggled a bit and I heard Lyndsey groan slightly.

“Fuck...I think...something...is broken,” she muttered and it echoed through the club.

She must have been lying on the microphone.

Brian pouted and began to ‘cry’. “Are you saying...are you saying I’m fat?”

I heard the whole club burst out laughing so what he had said must have been caught on the speakers too. I looked at Lyndsey before shaking my head and resting it back on the ground, my eyes slipping closed as Lyndsey and I both groaned,

“Good lord.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m shattered,” I muttered from where I was leaning against Brian.

Lyndsey snaked a sleepy hand up and patted me on the head. I chuckled and swatted her away before picking up my head as Hayley called my name.

“You ready to go love?”

I sleepily smiled and nodded before pushing myself to my feet. I leant down and kissed Brian and Lyndsey both on the cheeks. I raised my hand up and waved to everyone else before following Hayley and Zacky out to Hayley’s car.

“So how did you get here?” I asked Zacky as I slid into the backseat.

“Jimmy,” he replied through a yawn.

I nodded and rested my head against the window, my eyes threatening to shut at any moment.

“You okay back there?” Hayley chuckled.

I flapped my hand about and yawned. “Just tired.”

“Did you have a good night?” She asked as she pulled out of the parking lot and made her way back to my place.

“Yeah,” I replied quietly as I thought about the night.

On a whole it hadn’t been too bad. There was just that small emotional spill I’d had.

“It was rather amusing,” I chuckled.

Zacky and Hayley both laughed. I smiled and then slowly lost the battle to stay awake. The last thing I saw before my eyes finally dropped shut was Hayley and Zacky’s hands lacing together between their seats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was being moved.

“Be careful Zacky,” I heard Hayley say quietly. “You sure you’re okay with her? You look pretty beat yourself.”

“I’m fine,” he answered just as quietly.

I’m guessing they didn’t want to wake me.

I heard the sound of a key in a lock and then a door open before Zacky moved again. A moment or two later and I was being lowered. I sleepily opened my eyes, not being able to focus well to start off with.

“Go back to sleep Zee,” Hayley chuckled as she looked at the confusion on my face. “Zacky’s brought you up to bed.”

I nodded in slight understanding as Hayley took my shoes off for me.

“You want to get changed?”

I shook my head and crawled under my covers. “Too tired.”

Hayley laughed quietly before leaning over and pressing her lips to my forehead.

“Have a good sleep love and I’ll talk to you tomorrow okay?”

I nodded, vaguely remembering something about dress fittings.

“You might need to phone me to make sure I’m awake,” I told her with a small smile.

She nodded and gave me a thumbs up. “Will do. Now get some sleep.”

I tiredly saluted her and watched as she left my room. Zacky smiled and walked over, pressing his lips to the top of my head.

“You need anything?” He asked, his words slightly muffled by my hair.

“Sleep,” I replied as I slowly felt myself being dragged back under.

Zacky chuckled. “Have a good sleep sweetie. I love you.”

“I love you too Zacky.”

He kissed the top of my head once more before leaving my room, pulling my door to but leaving it open just a little. Just how I like it.

It was moments like this one that made it hard to get over Zachary James Baker. Moments like this that made me fall for him that bit harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyndsey singing cheers everyone up = )
Hope you all liked this one!!
Comments will, hopefully, chase away the sick feeling I have!! x