Fake My Smile

Never Say No

“We need forties,” Jimmy declared from his laid down position on the grass, his arm pointing to the sky as if to cement his statement.

“Fuck yeah dude,” Brian agreed.

I rolled my eyes before looking down at the book propped on my legs, letting the words soak in to me. I felt someone sit beside me and without looking I knew it was Zacky.

“What you reading?”

“A book,” I replied as I lifted my gaze from the pages and looked into Zacky’s green eyes.

“Oh my God, really?” He gasped, leaving his mouth open as he slapped his hand on his cheek. “I didn’t know that.”

I chuckled and shook my head at his stupidity before looking back down at the pages, though I wasn’t really concentrating at all anymore. Not on the words at least. I was concentrating more on the way Zacky was shuffling closer to me, slinging his arm around my shoulders and resting his head against mine

The boy wanted something.

“What?” I asked warily.

Zacky smiled that smile that made all girls melt, and I was no different.

“Rosie,” he sang slightly. “You know how much you love all of us...but more specifically me?”

I sighed realising that I’d been right about him wanting something.

“What do you want?”

Zacky chuckled and cocked his head to the side, somehow still managing to pull off an innocent look even though I could see mischief clouding his eyes. I’d known him long enough now to know that he was anything but innocent, yet I always turned to mush whenever he flashed me this look.

“Can you come with me so I’ll be able to get some 40’s?”

“Why me?” I asked with a furrowed brow as I gestured over to Matt. “Take the Incredible Hulk. He’s the one that can get served without I.D. I look about twelve.”

“Would you please stop calling me the Incredible Hulk?” Matt asked. “And it’s not the age thing.”

“No and...what?” I looked at Zacky, closing my book once I’d marked my page. “Now I’m confused.”

Zacky chuckled and shifted as he rested his chin on my shoulder. “We don’t have any money.”

“Like I have any money,” I scoffed. “I’m as skint as they come.”

Zacky shook his head, a small smirk appearing on his lips and wiping away any of the innocence he’d managed to pull off beforehand.

“We need you to be the distraction,” Zacky explained as he climbed to his feet before pulling me to mine.

“What? Distraction? Who the...” I trailed off and shook my head as it sunk in what he was going to do. “No! I’m not helping you steal!”

“Please,” Zacky pleaded as he took my hands in his, a small hint of a pout on his lips.

I bit my lip and shook my head as I tried to ignore the sparks that ran through me due to his touch.

“No. Zacky, I’m not...”

“Please,” he pleaded again. “All you have to do is distract the dude behind the counter.”

“Get Lyndsey to do it...”

“Hell no!” Brian shouted and I heard Lyndsey giggle slightly. “No way is she doing that.”

“Why do I have to?” I asked as I glanced over at him.

He looked at me for a second before shrugging. “I have no problem with other guys looking at you like a piece of meat.”

I rolled my eyes. “Jeez, thanks for the protection Bri.”

“Anytime,” he smiled over at me.

Zacky tugged on my hand, getting my attention and I sighed as I saw the face he was pulling. The face that I always relented to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe I’m about to do this,” I grumbled as I shoved my hands in my pockets.

Zacky chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him as we walked. I sighed and chewed my lip, looking to the side briefly when Jimmy nudged me with his hip.

“Cheer up,” Jimmy grinned before skipping into the store.

I groaned and shook my head before looking at Zacky and poking him in the chest.

“You owe me.”

Zacky smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

“We’ll be quick, I promise,” he assured me before pulling away.

His gaze flickered to the top I was wearing and before I could question what he was doing, he’d undone the three buttons that resided at the neckline of the boy beater I was wearing.

“Zacky!” I shrieked.

“Just to make things simpler,” he explained with a smirk.

I glared at him as he shot me a cheeky grin before he darted into the shop. I grumbled to myself before heading inside, my eyes flickering about and seeing Zacky and Jimmy ‘browsing’ before I looked over at the guy behind the counter. He looked to be only a few years older than me and by the way his eyes were running up and down my body, I had a feeling that this was going to be pretty easy. I walked up to the counter, grabbing a pack of chewing gum as I went. I had to admit, I was feeling really uncomfortable. I’d never really flirted with anyone and I wasn’t actually a hundred percent sure this was going to work. I didn’t think I’d be able to prolong this thing without it seeming suspicious. Just because he seemed to like what he saw, didn’t mean he wanted to talk to me at all.

“Hi there.”

I looked up to see I’d reached the counter and that the guy behind it was smiling at me. I swallowed down my discomfort and my doubts and smiled back, placing the gum on the counter.

“Hi,” I replied looking at his nametag quickly. “David?”

“Yeah,” he chuckled and nodded. “That’s me.”

“Rosie,” I stated, slipping my hands in my back pockets and rocking on my heels slightly.

David smiled and leant against the counter, eyeing me carefully.

“You’re not American are you?”

I smiled and shook my head, giggling slightly and cringing inwardly at the sound that had escaped me.

“Nope. I’m English.”

I crossed my arms over the counter top and leant against them, knowing full well that David now had a good view down my top.

“Nice,” he voiced appreciatively.

I let a small smirk creep across my lips before running my hand through my hair and casually looking over my shoulder. Zacky caught my eyes and nodded over to the door. I looked back at David and smiled.

“So how much for the gum?” I asked, biting my lip slightly.

David smirked as he leant closer to me.

“It’s on the house if you give me a kiss.”

I’m sure I heard the boys snort as they left the store but I ignored them. I smiled before leaning towards David. I grabbed his chin and turned his head, placing my lips quickly on his cheek. I pulled away and grabbed the gum, winking at David as I left.

“That was awesome Rosie!” Jimmy laughed once I’d caught up with him and Zacky and we walked back to the park.

I rolled my eyes and did the buttons back up on my boy beater before crossing my arms over my chest. I chewed at the inside of my lip and kept my gaze downcast as I walked, not liking what I’d just done at all. I heard Zacky say something to Jimmy before I felt myself stopped. I rose my gaze to find Jimmy had now left, his lanky figure disappearing in the distance as he skipped through the park gates shrieking about booze. I turned my gaze to Zacky, finding him looking at me with a furrowed brow as his eyes searched my face.

“You okay?”

I nodded and moved around him to carry on walking.

“Rosie,” Zacky sighed as he grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“You’re a shitty liar,” he pointed out.

I shrugged and looked to the floor again before muttering, “I just didn’t like what just happened.”

“Why not?”

I looked as Zacky as if he was insane before returning my gaze to the floor and sighing.

“I just helped you to steal Zacky. That’s not me. I just made a pathetic attempt to flirt with some random arse dude. That’s not me.”

“Hardly a pathetic attempt,” Zacky scoffed before placing his fingers on my chin and raising my head so I was looking at him. “He was like putty in your hands.”

“Shut up,” I grumbled as Zacky laughed and wrapped his arms around me, keeping our gazes locked.

“And I don’t blame him,” Zacky voiced, his green eyes showing nothing but sincerity. “If a girl as hot as you paid me that kind of attention...fuck, I’d be a puddle for them.”

I shook my head, a quiet chuckle falling from my lips as I buried my face in his chest in order to hide my blush. I felt Zacky shake slightly and I just knew he was laughing at me. I poked him in the sides to get him to stop but he just carried on. I pouted and looked up at him to see him grinning down at me, that heart melting smile on his lips. I bit my lip and wound my arms around his waist as I rested my head against his chest.

“I’m sorry for making you do that,” Zacky whispered against my forehead. “Next time...just say no.”

I sighed quietly and closed my eyes, knowing it wasn’t that simple.


That was the moment that I knew I would never be able to say no to Zacky.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm bored so I thought I'd update =D
I also can't type good 'cause my sister has bruised my right hand = (
So give me some lovin', teehee.

Hope you liked this one.
Comments make me happy!! x