What Horrors Wait For Me

My Time To Leave

It was now July 4th, exactly a year after the first of the many occurring “accidents”. Every day it was the same exact routine, get beat until you are bloody or broken. My father never grew too creative with what e did to me and my sister but he made sure it left it’s mark, literally. This night, I knew I had to make my move, and get out of there. After he got finished with us I knew exactly what I needed to do for a smooth escape. I walked out of my room to see where he was, he was passed out on the couch, drunk as usual.

“Good” I said to myself “He won’t even realize I’m packing to go.” Then I snuck into his room to grab two things, a dragon claw shaped blade he kept in his dresser and $200 in cash right next to it. I hooked the blade’s sheath onto my belt loop and stuffed the money in my wallet. I then went to my room.

I grabbed the M9 I kept for emergencies, the $1,000 I’ve been saving up and the keys to my 1972 jet black Cutlass, and the key to the house, just in case. The last things I picked up were my cell and my I-Pod. I left my room, heading towards the side door to leave this place, once and for all. In the midst of my happiness, I didn’t even notice he was awake. I almost got to the door when I heard his voice, right behind me.

“Where you think your going?” He asked, I turned to face him, he was so drunk he had to prop himself against the wall.

“I’m leaving, I’m tired of dealing with your shit” I said. His eyes filled with rage, I could tell he was pissed now.

“My shit? You better take that back until I give you something to really deal with boy. I’ve done nothing but take care of you and your bitch of a sister.”

“You call beating us non stop taking care of us?! You’ve been a bitter old jack ass since mom got killed. Since you couldn’t get even with her killer, you took your shit out on us! Now is that honestly taking care of us??” I was starting to scream now.
“All the broken bones and scars you gave us is taking care of us?!”

“You want another one of them broken bones boy?!” He yelled as he pulled back for a punch. I unsheathed the blade from my belt and got it to his neck.

“Now I’m going to walk out that door, and you won’t do a thing to stop me. Got a problem with that?” I said to him.

“Don’t you dare try coming back here, because you’ll regret it.” he said, and with that he walked back towards the couch. I turned around to leave when Hannah grabbed my leg. She was crying.

“Please don’t leave me with him!” She sobbed. I crouched down and gave her a hug.

“It will be okay.” I said. “I will get you some help and get you out of here.” I gave her another hug, got up, and walked out the door. As I got in my car, I got out my phone to make a call. I was going to call an old childhood friend of mine, she could probably give me a job at her bar since I got fired from mine a week ago. I bet she would let me stay in her apartment too. I tried to turn on my I-Pod to plug it into my car, but just my luck, it was dead.

“Hmm” I said to myself, hope she’ll let me use her old charger, then she’d be helping me out with something else too.” I laughed to myself and made my way to Delucci’s , her bar.