Longing

Love

He has always longed for love.

And not love, like the love he has for marshmallows dipped in coffee. Not the kind of love he has for his parents, his dogs or his tattoos.

No, he longs for true love – eternal love.

He longs for the kind of love you never see in movies or read about in romance novels. He longs for the kind of love that you never hear about from newlyweds or close friends.

All he longs for is love – his own love.

He longs for defining love on his own. He longs for experiencing his own version of love, and only share it with one person – not the world.

He has fallen in love before, but had found out that there’s a great, big, fat line between ‘in love’ and ‘love’. Being ‘in love’ is new and fresh – with an expiration date. ‘Love’ never expires. ‘Love’ never dies. ‘Love’ never fades, nor does it ever vanish.

‘Love’ is forever, and he longs for forever.

He longs for love.

He has longed so much for so long that he is now willing to give anything – everything – to experience it. He would give up his heart, his soul and his mind – just to experience love for a split second.

But how can you feel love, without a mind to comprehend it?

How can you feel love, without a soul to define it?

How can you feel love, without a heart to return it?

But how can you feel love, when love never shows up?

And so he sits back, longingly looking out the window and waits for love to show up. He waits for love to enter his life.

But love has a way of sneaking up on you.

Love has a way of hiding from you.

Love always shows up.

You just never know where to look.

And what Frank doesn’t know, is that his love has already shown up.

He has just been looking in the wrong direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image