Hurricane (I'll Never Outrun)

Three; Blaire

"No, he's gone. For now," I said. I caught up with Markee just as her, Gee, Frank, Mikey, Ray, and Bob-oh, Bob- were on the edge of the alley. I took one quick look back before finding my gaze was being held by Bob's. "I have to come back tomorrow. Alone. Sorry, babe," I said, calling Markee what I called her on occasion.

Bob still held my gaze, and then my hand. I'd known Markee most of my life, though not nearly as long as Pete, meaning I also knew Mikey, Gee, and Frank most of my life. Ray was brought along when Markee, Mikey, and me were all still in high school, and then Bob.

Even a blind person could tell there had always been some kind of chemistry between Bob and I. Neither of us did anything about it, especially with my ex boyfriend.

I smiled a shy smile, hoping Markee was too interested in her brothers, Ray and Frank-Oh Frank-to pay attention to me. Okay, that 'Oh Frank' was Markee's 'Oh Frank'. Because every one of us, including Frank himself, knew that Markee was madly head over heals for him. Frank just...he was one of those,"I don't want to ruin what we have," types.

"I'm coming back with you tomorrow, Blaine." Bob could be so stubborn. His camera pet peeve; the way he always did what he wanted, no matter how much danger he put himself in. I knew he wanted to protect me, or even maybe show off to get my attention, not that he didn't already have it.

I sighed. "You can't. I have to go alone, to try and work this out. We'll never be able to take the Dandies out without them, or then without us. And I'm the only one that knows how to deal with Pete," I said softly. His soft, smooth hands rubbed mine. When I looked into his eyes, I felt a sensation of sadness at first.

I missed Bob's blue eyes the most. His lip ring was still in, but I was sure if he took it out for even a minute, the hole would close and he'd never be able to get it back in. His blond hair was soft, longish, and perfect, just like he was now. But his blue eyes....his baby blue eyes that always made my knees weak, they were gone. Now, like mine, Markee's, and Pete's eyes, they were golden.

"Blaire, I-I can't just let you go alone, without anyone around to help-"

"Bob, I'm much more mature than you are, vampire wise. Will it make you feel better if I keep Markee close? At least then we could use..." I wasn't sure what to call them. Powers? Gifts? Talents? Elements?

If you've ever heard of Edward Cullen, of the Legendary Cullens, then you know five of his family members, including himself, had talents. Me and Markee....ours work together. We each have two talents, but one of them only works when we work together. We're meant to be together, and that's all the reason we need.

"Blaire, Pete knows your powers. He knows how to stop them-"

"But he doesn't know that Markee and I have a conjoined power. Air and Earth can only be conjured if we're together, and only you guys know that," I said. Bob sighed. I wasn't about to talk him out of escorting me to Pete the next night.

"Please, Blaire. I'll feel much better knowing you're safe."

"Bob, Pete was my best friend. If he wanted to kill me, he would have done it by now. He can't hurt me. I'm the one with the talent, remember?" I asked. Bob sighed again, and I knew he wasn't giving in. "Look, you want this deal to go through, right?"

"Yeah, but-"

"And you want to take down Will and have the Voltrui back where it belongs, right?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then I'm going alone. That's final," I said. I took my hand out of his gently and ran up to Mikey. "Race you home!" I told him. Markee and Gerard would kill me later for tempting the new born, but I didn't care; I could handle myself.

I took a head start-a fifth of a second, but that was long enough. I kept my pace, Mikey frantically trying to catch up behind me. I was too fast. However, Markee had gotten in on the race, and her being the fastest of the seven of us, won. She touched the door step first. Both Mikey and I groaned.

"You're not allowed to compete in these races anymore, Markee!" Mikey whined. Hey, his eyes might have been a repulsive red, and he might have been the last of us to turn, and he was the most unstable of us, but he was still Mikey.

I smirked and opened the door, running straight up to my room. It was late, and even though none of us could sleep anymore, we could all use a little alone time. All six of my friends knew that when I hurried to my room, they weren't to disturb me until I was ready to come out. Even Bob.

I closed my door and turned around, and there was a single black rose laying on my sheets. There was an 'S' in red pain, from the fumes I could smell, on one of the petals. I wanted to cry. I had known he hadn't given up on me, but after joining Will in his attack on Volterra, I had certainly given up on him.

Adam T. Siska.
♠ ♠ ♠
XD
Hiya!