When Forever Ends

Marley

Some days are the best. Nothing goes wrong. You’re happy, and everyone around you seems happy. I love those sorts of days, even if the sun is beating down on me and probably giving me sunburn. I don’t care, it feels good like it always does.

My name is Marley Jo Donahue. I’m nineteen years old and I live in sunny California in an apartment with my boyfriend Dylan. Dylan. He’s the love of my life. I can’t imagine what my life would be like without him. We’re so in love that my best friend, Shayne, says it shouldn’t be legal. What does she know about love? Hint, not too much.

I get into my silver car, and look at the picture of Dylan and I stuck to the dashboard. It was taken last year at party. The picture is perfect, except for Shayne and her dumbass roommates in the background. I grin at the picture and set my iced in the cup holder and the box of cupcakes in the passenger seat.

The drive home is wonderful. No traffic. Today is just an all around good day. I sing to my favorite songs all the way home. Nothing could bring me down today, nothing. I park next to Dylan’s truck, grab my coffee, and the box of cupcakes. I hit the door with my hip to close it. I hum to myself as I walk up the concrete stairs, the wind makes my long whit skirt dance.

The door is open in the apartment, boxes littered the titles in front of the open door. What the heck? I throw my purse on the floor and set my coffee and the cupcakes on the table close to the door.

“Dylan?” I call through the apartment.

Dylan comes into view, not making eye contact.

“Babe, what’s going on?” I ask as he throws an armful of CDs into a cardboard box.

“I’m moving out.” Dylan walks back through the hallway. I stand in the midst of all the boxes, gaping like a fish. What does he mean moving out? I come to my sense and follow after him.

“What do you mean you’re moving out?” I ask as carries a box out of our bedroom, I follow right behind him.

“I’m moving out.” he says simply.

“Wha-why?” I ask, I can feel tears brimming my eyes.

“I met someone else.”

“But what about forever? You promised you’d stay with me until the end of forever!” I scream letting the tears fall.

“Marley, are you that naive? I’ve been seeing someone else for months.” Dylan shook his head pushed his some boxes outside.

“Get out!” I scream loudly through my tears. I shove the rest of his boxes outside and slam the door shut, leaving Dylan to stand in the hallway.

I break down, drop to my knees and sob. That asshole broke my heart! He said he’d stay with me forever, and obviously today was the end of forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Marley. =[

Comment and Subscribe, please!
=D