When Forever Ends

Shayne

Amazing. Awesome. Thrilling! I have to go to this concert. I need to go! Obviously Marley says she can’t go. Boo! Jake, well he’s with Jenna...being in love. Gross. Ace! That’s obviously the right answer! Ace isn’t doing anything...or anyone.

“Ace of Cakes!” I jump over the couch and land on his stomach.

“Huh?” he asks after his air supply is returned. I turn my head to see what he’s watching. The History Channel.

“Want to go to a show with me?” I ask sweetly, I need to butter him up. There is no way he’ll go to this willingly.

“Who’s playing?” he asks as the voice on TV droned on about how soldiers would put condoms on the end of their guns to keep sand from getting in them.

I bite my lip, staring at the side of Ace’s face. I’m gonna have to tell him. There really is no way around it. “The Acad”

“No.” Ace answers before I even say The Academy Is... Ace has a blatant dis-like for the band. However, I love them. They’re one of the only bands I listen to that are actually popular.

“Please!” I beg him, he still doesn’t look at me.

“No, you know I hate them.” he says finally meeting his honey colored eyes to my gray ones. I shift my eyes to his lips instead. That’s what I do. I can’t look people in they eyes. Not even Ace. I can only look Marley in the eye...sometimes.
“Come on! Please! Marley can’t go!” I hit my hands against the red material stretched across his chest. “And stop taking my clothes! You stretch them all out!” I yell at him. I’m so sick of going to put a shirt on having the shoulders all stretched out.

“Are you calling me fat?” Ace asks with a lopsided smile.

“Please, Ace!” I beg, ignoring his question altogether. I can’t believe I’ve sunk to the level of begging. This better work. I am determined to see my one and only celebrity crush...William Beckett.

“Just go yourself.” Ace says lazily looking at the television again.

“No! That would be weird! Please!”

“No. I’m trying to watch this.” Ace snaps at me. Well someone’s on their man period!

“Psh, I don’t want you to go anyway.” I say annoyed beyond reason. I roll of the couch and go into the kitchen. I jump up onto the counter top. I cross my legs under me and think. Who can I get to go with me?

Fuck Ace! Seriously! I did so much shit for him throughout our lives and he can’t even go to on fucking show with me? I fucking helped him pick stuff out for Alice, I had to fucking teach him how to kiss, I’m the one who did his homework all senior year so he actually graduated! This his how he fucking repays me. Awesome friend, right?

“Ah!” I yell and pull my cell phone out of my pocket. I listen to the evenly placed ringing. Pick up your damn phone!

“Hello,”

“Hey.” I say casually.

“Shayne?”

“Yeah.”

“What’s up?”

“Umm, do you wanna go see The Academy Is... on Thursday?” I ask biting my thumb nail. “Cause I know you said you like them and I really can’t get anyone to go with me.” I say honestly.

“Sounds good. I already have tickets. Michelle and I were supposed to go...but we broke up.” Derek says. I grin. Perfect. Derek really isn’t that bad once you get to know him. Honestly, he’s not. He’s pretty okay.

“Mmmkay, sweet. I’ll give you money for the ticket.”

“Nah, it’s okay. I didn’t even pay for ‘em. My friend works at the venue, he gave them to me for nothing.” Derek says. See what mean? He could have kept that information to himself and got a nice chunk of money for nothing! See how okay he can be?

“Alright, well I’ll call you during the week.” I say smiling brightly into my phone.

“Alright, bye.”

“Bye.”

I jump off the counter top and skip merrily through the living room. I jump onto my bed squeak into my pillow. Just a small fangirl moment. I think I’m allowed that. I roll of my bed and land on the floor. Normally, it doesn’t hurt. This time it does. Damn shoe. Ignoring the pain in my side I crawl to my laptop...which Marley’s parents bought me.

I sit at the computer for half the day, catching up on some on my online courses. When I finally drag myself out of my room Jake is sitting in the kitchen with Ace eating Burger King.

“Thanks for asking me if I wanted anything, assholes.” I growl but still smiling over the fact that I am going to see The Academy Is...

“Sorry, I thought you were at Marley’s.” Jake says honestly looking sorry.

“I thought he already asked you.” Ace says.

“Whatever. I’m leaving anyway.” I say happily, taking my keys off the counter. Marley’s parents also bought me my car. They’re really great people...just sort of narrow minded. I’m sure they’ll come around once they see their grand daughter.

“Why are you so happy?” Jake asks.

“William Beckett.” I say with a grin and grab a pair of Ace’s sunglasses and put them one.

“Those are mine.” Ace says with an edge to his voice.

“And that’s mine.” I gesture to the red v-neck clinging to Ace’s upper body. “We’re even.” I say and smile big at him.

“Who are you going with?” Jake asks. “I would go with you but, Jenna and I already made plans.”

“I know. It’s okay, Jakey.” I say happily. “I’m going with Derek. He and Michelle broke up, so he already has tickets. Plus, I don’t have to pay! So it’s a pretty sweet deal. But anyway, I’m gonna go to Marley’s. See you later.” I peck the top of Jake’s head and scowl at Ace before running out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and subscribtions, please!