When Forever Ends

Shayne

Some days I hate California. Do you blame me? The tourists, the heat, the plastic people walking around, old men in speedos. It’s the way summer has always been around here, and I’m still not accustomed to it. Today actually the first good day I’ve seen this summer. We hit the jackpot, we found an under construction country club’s pool completely drained. Perfect for skating.

My name is Shayne Ashton Lewis, I’m a girl. Just clearing that up. Some people get a little confused because I have boy/girl name. Anyway, I’m nineteen. I live in California, but I think I mentioned that before. I live in apartment with my tow best guy friends. Ace and Jake. Ace is sort of the leader of our little group. Jake, as much as I love him...in the brotherly way, is your typical dumb blonde. Then there’s me, so people call me the trouble maker of the group and other’s just call me a bitch.

Ace had the edge of his board hanging above the ledge of the pool. I sit on my board and watch, I wasn’t a dumbass. If the drop was too steep, I’m going to be the one to find out. It isn’t my turn.

“Just do it pussy!” Jake shouts pulling a hot pink sweat band over his mop of blonde hair. Ace turns to Jake and flips his middle finger up at us.

“Sit on and spin assfuck!” I snicker and Jake sends me a glare. Ace licks his bottom lip and looks into the pool.

“Come on, Bennett, just drop in already!” I call using his last name. “Don’t worry about me! If you die, I’ve still got Jake!” I add with a smirk. Ace shakes his head while smirking back at me, he takes a deep breath, and leans forward.

“Ten dollars says he gets injured in some way.” Jake says quickly.

“Ten says he doesn’t.” I reply.

Jake and I squint from the sun and watch Ace go into the air and lands on the edge of the of the pool on the opposite side from where he started.

“Fuck yes!” Ace yells happily.

“Fuck.” Jake hisses and pulls a ten out of his pocket. I store my winning in my pocket and roll up the edge of the pool.

“Think you can handle it, Lewis?” Ace asks setting up for a challenge.

“Oh I know I can handle it, Bennett.” I say pulling my hair back into bun.

“Guys, not now. Can we just skate without trying to kill each other?” Jake asks. Ace and I share a look that lets it be known that this challenge has not been killed. We will pick it up at a later time.

“Yeah, fine.” I agree dropping in, Jake fallows after me.

“Fuck me!” Ace yells angrily. This board goes up, but he stays down. He slides on his knees to the bottom of the pool. Jake and laugh at his expense until a sound catches our ears. The clattering of chains, the chains that are on the same fence we climbed to get to the pool. The creak of gates fill our ears.

“Oh shit! Someone’s coming!” I yelled, I grab my board and haul my ass. Jake runs right along side of me and when we get on the other side of the fence we stop running. Ace isn’t behind us.

“Shit! Ace is still in the bottom of the fucking pool! If he dies, how are we ever going to be able to split three packs of grip tape ever again? We won’t! We’re going to have to buy the two packs! And that ruin tradition!” Jake shouted and pulled his pink sweat band lower onto his head.

“Relax. Ace never get’s caught. He’s probably hiding under a lounge chair or something.” I say reassuring my blonde friend.

My phone rings. It’s Ace. “I got fucking caught! But I’m so fucking lucky because I got caught by David fucking Semenza!”

“Who the hell is that?” I ask, the name didn’t ring a bell.

“Only the answer to our prayers! He’s gonna get all three of us sponsored!”

“Shut the fuck up! Oh my God!” I scream into my phone.

Jake rips the phone out of my hands and responds to the news much like I did.

And my dad said I’d be a skate rat until the end of forever. Good news, dad! Forever has ended!
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Shayne. She's a fun character. =] Trust me.
Also, I'd like to point out...I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SKATEBOARDING!
and all the characters are MADE UP!

Comment and Subscribe, pretty please with sugar on top!
=D