When Forever Ends

Marley

Getting Shayne to talk to me again was easy. The difficult part of this whole plan is getting Shayne to get all dressed up. She hates dressing up. I don’t know why. Someone says dress and she’s no longer anywhere to be seen.

“Come on out.” I say knocking on her bedroom door.

“Fuck you!” She growls.

“Shayne, come on! It won’t be nearly as bad as you think. I promise. He’ll be on his best behavior!” Vince wants everyone to get together and go out to eat as some fancy as hell place before they call leave. It’s breaking my heart to know that he’s leaving us. I’m trying to think of a something to keep him here. Obviously, his daughter isn’t enough and that hurts to know.

“I swear to God, if he fucking says three words to me I will curbstomp him. Got it?” Shayne snaps throwing the door open. I gawk at her in awe. The simple black dress was the perfect fit for Shayne and it looked great against her fading tan and dark hair.

“Oh calm down.” I demand and push her down to sit on her bed while I applied make up, much to her dis-like.

“This fucking stupid.” Shayne grumbles as we walk into the restaurant and find all the guys...and Jenna.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” I reply and pull her around to our table. The whole thing is just a set-up to get Ace and Shayne speaking to each other without screaming. I don’t know what her problem is. Ace is such a sweetheart when it comes to trying to confess his love for her. He sent her flowers, candy, cute little stuffed animals, skateboarding stuff that must have cost a lot, adorable notes. Do you know what she’s done with all of it. She throws it into the closet. The only way I was able to read the notes was by taping them back together. He even took the time to write the notes on neon pink paper...her favorite color. If a guy ever went through so much trouble for me I have been his by now. Not Shayne though...she’s still stuck on the fact that he called her those names. You would think everything he’s gone through would make it up to her but of course not. This is Shayne after all.

I watch as Shayne throws herself down in the chair across from Ace, like it’s slowly killing her to be in the same room with him. Then I look to Ace, he looks absolutely thrilled that she’s here. His happy expression falls upon Shayne sending him a nasty glare.

Through the whole meal I keep shifting my glance to Shayne. She laughed and talked with Jake, Jenna, Vince, and Myself but kept her mouth shut when Ace tried to start a converstation.

“Marley, I need to ask you something.” Vince says while I glace over at Shayne to she her wearing a bigger grin than the Cheshire cat. I turn back to Vince, the whole table is silent and I can fell their eyes on us. My heart begins to race. I hope this questions is what I think it is.

“Marley Jo Donahue” Vince slides down onto one knee and takes my hand in his. I don’t think I can breathe. “Will you marry me?” he asks grinning up at me.

“Yes.” I squeak. Vince slips the most gorgeous ring onto my finger and kisses me like I’ve never been kissed before. I hear the cheers and cat calls of my stupid friends but all I’m focused on is us. Me and Vince. Taking a step to make our family complete.

“You knew about this!” I yell pointing a finger at Shayne while happy tears stream down my face. She grins wider and laughs happily. I throw myself at my best friend and hug her tightly. I want her to feel the type of happiness I’m feeling right now.

After celebrating with champagne Shayne excuses herself, using the excuse that she needed fresh air. Maybe five minutes later, I notice Ace heading of toward the door.

I smile to myself and lean into kiss Vince. I want Ace to make Shayne feel this kind of happiness. They’re so perfect for each other...how can she not see it? How couldn’t any of us see this before?
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short chapter, sorry!
Anyway, marriage!
WOO!

Comments would be like...kickass since only these amazing three that do!
XtremeFairy, Vacant_Soul, and Moonlight Rogue are the B-E-S-T!
That's so good I needed to spell it out for you! So thanks you three! ;]
I'm in a silly mood. =D