When Forever Ends

Marley

You’d think that after watching eight people, guys to be exact, go down this huge ramp on a skateboard would get boring at some point. Well it doesn’t eight guys go down this huge ramp one at a time and then starting doing all this fancy shit. Then another guy goes right after him, each one getting more amazing.

Then once the crowd of people go crazy. I look up and see Shayne putting on a black helmet while standing at the top of the ramp exchanging words with Saul quickly. Sauls smacks his hand against Shayne’s helmet and runs down the steps on the side of the ramp.

Shayne grins at Vince, Gia, and myself. Shayne smiles over at Gavin, who salutes her. He’s a weird kid. Shayne salutes back before her name gets announced in a very lame announcer voice. Her newly rising popularity is more noticeable than ever. The enormous crowd roars with applause, cheers, and catcalls. Then she drops down the ramp and goes through her run doing all sorts of crazy things that I can’t even explain. But at one point she was doing a handstand of the edge of a ramp! When she finishes the applause and cheering doubles if not triples.

“Well if it isn’t Miss Popularity!” I joke bumping Shayne with my hip

Shayne laughs half-heartedly while hugging Gavin. “I’m just glad I’m going to be getting a break now!” She nuzzles her face into Gavin’s hair making him laugh and swat her away because Noah, Saul’s son, is looking at them.

“Come on! Let’s go play that game!” Noah suggest and points off in one direction. Noah drags Saul away with Gavin at his side.

“Um, kickass much?” Vince ask with a laugh, holding Gia tightly.

“I guess.” Shayne says with a smile while she sits down on a bench.

Her eyes look dead. She doesn’t laugh at stupid shit anymore. She sleeps constantly. Plus her food intake is insane. Depression. Since Ace left she’s been depressed. I don’t know what happened between before he left. She won’t tell me, and he won’t tell Vince. So it obviously wasn’t good.

“Tired?” I ask sitting next to her.

“Exhausted.” she corrects me and drops her head onto my shoulder.

I sleep over at Shayne’s. Vince and Gia go back home. Since Shayne and I are doing wedding shit tomorrow it’s only logical to stay at her place.

“Ugh! These fucking jeans!” Shayne screams as soon as we enter her apartment she rips the gray skinny jeans off and throws them carelessly causing them to land on her kitchen floor. Good thing Gavin is sleeping at Noah’s. I smile to myself and pick them up while she changes into sweat pants and a t-shirt that she stole from Jake. It’s a black t-shirt that said “Hoes Before Bros” in hot pink letters. She’s gained a little weight from all her eating but...not a lot. Just enough that her skin tight pants hurt a little.

“So what’s going on tomorrow?” Shayne aks digging through her fridge.

“Well, I need to go try on my dress and make any final changes. We need to check the flowers, drop off the what we chose to the caterer, finalize the hotel arangement, transportation arrangments, I need to chose which table setting I want because Vince says it doesn’t matter, then we need to buy some underwear.” I smirk at the last part.

“I’m tired already.” Shayne answers and then starts to gulp grape juice out of a big plastic conatiner.

“Do you even like grape juice?” I ask sort of confused. I was almost certain Shayne hated grap juice.

“I dunno. I always said I hated it but...then I drank some of Gave’s the other night and it was really good. I always say I hate things though...then I try them and like them. Like skateboarding.” she explains while drinking more grape juice. I smile at the thought, the whole basis of Shayne’s life used to be something she “hated” then she tried it and she fell in love.

“Oh! We have to go see about my hair and my make-up as well! We only have a week before everyone comes in!” I say cheerfully. How could I not be cheerful when I’m getting married?

The morning we head out bright and early. Shayne wanted food every hour though and it was starting to get on my nerves. And then something occurred to me.

“Shayne?” I ask sort of timidly. She’s been sort of grumpy all day.

“Huh?” she asks keeping her eyes on the traffic.

“When’s the last time you got your period?”

“I know! Like last month...why?” she asks laughing a bit.

“Well, you’ve been eating a lot. You’ve been tired. You can’t fit into your jeans. You’ve been a tad grumpy...is there any possibility that you could be...you know...pregnant?”

“No.” she laughs nervously.

“Oh.” I say and relax a bit in my seat, listening to the radio. While Shayne wevaed in and out of traffic for a few minutes.

“Yeah.” she confesses. “Mother fucking shit!” she screams and slams her hands against the steering wheel. “God damn son of a fucking bitch!” I stare at her wide eyed. “Three fucking months ago! That’s the last time I got it! Stupid goddamn mother of fucking God!” she screams angrily.

“Calm down! Just go to the drug store and buy a test! This could all be just a coincidence. Sometimes girls get off schedule from stress and stuff.” I try to soothe her.

“You better be fucking right!” she growls and pulls into the drug store’s parking lot and kills the engine. I trail behind Shayne cautiously. She’s on war path and I don’t want to get in her way. At least I know what happened between her and Ace now.

“Why are you getting two? You only need one.”

“You’re taking one too.” she grumbles.

“Shayne! I’m not pregnant!”

“Neither am I!” She yells and throws the two test on the counter.

Both of us sat on the bathroom floor. Talking about nothing at all when Shayne’s phone starts to beep signaling us to look at out tests. I know instantly when Shayne throws the test across the room that she’s pregnant.

“Fuck!” she hisses and crosses her arms, leaning against the bathtub. Secretly, I’m happy. Maybe a baby can bring Shayne and Ace together. I take my time looking at mine, I’m not anxious to know like she was because I know be a frowning little-smiling! It’s freaking smiling at me!

“Oh. My. God.” I say slowly covering my mouth my hand and staring in shock at the happy little face on my test. This isn’t supposed to happen! It feels like I just had Gia! There is no way that this little stick is telling the truth.

“So...good thing I got two, huh?” Shayne asks with a smirk.

“Oh shut up!” I shriek. “Vince is going to be so mad! We said we were going to wait another year before he we had another kid!”

“It’s not like it’s all your fault.” Shayne says. “Besides, do you really think he’s going to be mad? Look at how he is with Gia. Just tell him when you get home. He’ll be fucking thrilled!” Shayne says. I guess she’s right. I smile at her and throw my test in the trash.

“So...you’re going to call Ace and tell him right?” I ask hoping she’ll do the right thing.

“Why do you automatically assume it belongs to Ace?”

“Because the both of you disappeared the night Vince and I got engaged and then you showed up at the airport with him! It’s kind of obvious, Shayne.”

“I’ll tell him...just when he gets here next week. Not over the phone.” I nod in understanding. I’m not too sure that’s the truth though. She will probably wait until the last possibly second to tell him. “Don’t tell Vince, okay.”

“Okay.”

“Promise me?”

“I promise you.” I say and hug her.

“Well looks like we can double date to the doctor!” Shayne laughs for real for the first time in a few months. I grin and hug her tighter.

What’s better than being pregnant side by side with your best friend? Don’t answer that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Today was good an bad at the same time.
I had to go to my friend's father's wake.
I went out after.
The Xavi completly killed the mood with his boy drama.

Enjoy this chapter!
Comment and Subscribe because it's what everyone else is doing!
=D