When Forever Ends

Marley

Italy was amazing. Being married is amazing. Being a mom is amazing. Morning sickness still sucks horrendously but everything else in my life is amazing at this point. I wish I could say the same for Shayne, but sadly can’t.

“He’s so fucking stubborn!” Vince curses after hanging up with Ace. It’s been a month since Shayne not only told him that she was pregnant with his child but also told him she loved him. His response left her heartbroken. “He just always has to be right! Even when you tell him he’s wrong, he insists that he’s right!”

“Well, what’s he say?” I ask resting my hand on the small outward curve in my stomach. I’m three and a half months pregnant with twins. Twins! I knew they ran in my family but I never thought I’d actually have them.

“He said he’s over her. He wants nothing to do with her...it’s bullshit! He sounds like he’s just watched his puppy get hit by a fucking car! It’s not like he’s even dating Biza anymore. I don’t understand him! He’s been waiting for her to come around and when she does he just pushes her away there is something wrong with his head, I swear it!” Vince shouts and takes a seat next to me on the couch.

“Sounds like we need to knock some sense into those two.” I say shaking my head from side to side. I can’t understand why they keep torturing themselves and each other this way. “I wish they would just get figure how perfect for each other they are and just get together already.” I sigh dropping my head onto Vince’s chest.

“They’re too stubborn.” Vince says before kissing the top of my head. I cuddle closer to Vince and let his hand rest on my protruding stomach and watch closely as Gia watches the robots on the television screen. Wall-E captured her attention and made her giggle.

I only had to ring Shayne’s doorbell once before Gavin ripped the door open. “Mornin’ Marley!” he grinned and then ran off.

“Morning!” I called after him.

“Help me off this fucking couch.” Shayne demands with smirk on her face.

“Demanding today, aren’t we?” I laugh.

“Damn straight. This little monster is kicking the shot out of me today.” She says resting her hand on her swollen belly. I give Shayne my hands and let her use them to pull herself into a standing position. “Belly five!” she shouts and we bump our stomachs together and laugh. There is a whole new light to being pregnant when you’re best friend is going through the same thing you are.

“Decide on any names?” I ask curiously.

“I was thinking Lil’ Wayne was pretty cute, what do think?” she asks laughing her way to the bathroom.

“I think it’s charming.” I laugh and roll my eyes setting Gia on the floor where she sat waiting for Gavin to drag all his toys out for her to play with. As if on cue Gavin came through the hallway pulling his toy boy behind him.

I watch Gavin share his toys with Gia. Most kids would try to keep their toys to themselves but Gavin isn’t your typical kid.

“Ace and Jake are coming in for a month. Jenna has to stay home for school, though.” I say once Shayne returns back to the couch where we both parked ourselves to watch Saul and Seth interrogate whoever was on their show.

“That’s nice.” Shayne says. Her voices stay unfazed but her whole body tensed giving away how uncomfortable she is with that knowledge. I didn’t want to tell her...but if I didn’t and she ran into Ace it would be worse.

“Just admit you’re perfect for each other.” I say with a smile.

“I thought I had when I told him that I loved him.”

“Tell him again.” I say strongly.

“Why? So he can shoot me down again? Not gonna happen. I’m done with him, I don’t want anything to do with him.” She snaps and watches Saul go on a rant about how people are accusing him to be the father of Shayne’s child...which is ridiculous. Shayne and Saul act like siblings, they even get into physical fights over stupid things like what to listen to in the car...well not since Shayne found out she was pregnant.

An error proof way of knowing that Shayne is stressed is when she goes off the natural foods and goes straight to fast foods. I walk into her kitchen and find her shoveling Wendy’s in her mouth a week after Ace and Jake arrived.

“That’s not good for the baby, Shayne.” I warn her.

“Fuck off!” she snaps. I can never be sure if her outbursts are from mood swings or from stress. Today I know it’s from stress because of the fast food.

“What’s got you all stressed out?” I ask softly trying not to upset her. Shayne shakes her from side to side. Then I hear, the knocking on the front door. Shayne ignores it and continues to eat. “Are you going to answer that?”

“Nope.”

I sigh and march to the front door, pulling it open I’m shocked to find Ace standing there.

“Can I please talk to Shayne, please?” Ace both looks and sounds pitifully desperate. I nod my head yes and lead him into the kitchen.

“Get him out.” she barks not even looking up.

“Shayne, will you talk to me please?” Ace is breaking my heart. He looks like he’s going to cry and he sounds like he’s going cry. Boys don’t cry too often. Though, not many boys have ever been in love with Shayne.

“Last time I talked to you things didn’t turn out too fucking great!” Shayne screams at him. I flinch from the sound of her voice. It’s a good thing that Gavin was at Noah’s house for a sleep over.

“I know! I fucked up! I’m sorry! I’m sorry I fucked up again! I was wrong! I was being a stupid fuck! Just-please...I love you, Shayne.” Ace sounds hopeless at the end of his sentence and he walks a little closer to her. My eyes start to tear at how utterly hopeless he sounds and how ruthless she’s being.

“GET THE FUCK OUT!” Shayne clenches her jaw, her nostrils flare, her face is read, and her eyes a shut tightly after she screams. Why is she doing this to herself and Ace?

Ace swallows hard and drops his head lets himself out of her apartment.

“Shayne! Are stupid? He loves you! That boy loves you! You love him! What the fuck is your problem? Go find him and tell him that you love him back...right fucking now!” I scream using my most hated word just to show how serious I am.

Shayne glares at me and shoves more fires into her mouth. I point to the door angrily and after chewing her food she storms out the door
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!
Comments are like rocket fuel to my writing. ;]