When Forever Ends

Marley

I guess my mom has always been a sucker for weddings. I don’t remember her crying like this at my wedding though. Maybe it’s because Shayne never seemed like she was going to have a boyfriend…let alone have a wedding. Standing behind Shayne as she stands thin as a rail in her elegantly simple wedding dress all that can be heard is my mother’s joyous weeping. Of course, Gia’s happy screaming of “Bahnahnah!” echo through the church as well. Then Vince’s stifles of laughter because he’s the one who encouraged her scream banana the wrong by laughing every time she does it!

I feel like a whale standing next to Shayne. She looks amazing in her elegantly simple wedding dress only a few months after having her son, Drake. I on the other hand look like my belly is going to burst open and send babies flying out. Lovely image, right? Thank Gavin for that one. He said that’s what would happen if he popped my stomach with a fork. Shayne, Ace, Vince, Jake, and Jenna thought it was hysterically funny. I didn’t find it so funny. Though, it was probably my mood swings. Apparently, they make me vicious.

Vince excited to be a father…again. He’s thrilled to be having a son. Yeah, I’m having fraternal twins. Shane and I have it all planned out. Drake and Addison are going to get married and have the most genetically “kickass” children.

I watch with a grin as Shayne and Ace exchange their vows. Both of them are smiling with a small about of water in the corner of their eyes.

“So, you’re married now. How do you feel?” I ask slinging my arm over Shayne’s bare shoulders. It was dark but the flashing lights from the DJ were enough to see what was going on at the party.

“Umm, I feel like skating to be honest.” Shayne laughs.

“We can do that.” Ace says coming up behind Shayne and wrapping his arms around her waist and dropping his chin onto her shoulder. Shayne’s face instantly lights up. I’m sure it’s from Ace not from what he said.

“Can we?” Shayne asks grinning as she turns her head slightly to look at her husband.

“We can.” Ace says simply and catches Shayne’s lips.

“Awww!” Jake screams loudly. “You’re so adorable!” he adds using a baby voice.

It only too Shayne and Ace about twenty minutes to be outside in jeans and t-shirts standing on their skateboards on a ramp that Ace must have gotten to surprise Shayne. He obviously had planned this and didn’t tell me because it seems like everyone at the wedding who can skate (which was almost everyone) had brought their boards and a change of clothes.

“You think you can handle this, Bennett?” Shayne yells to the other side of the ramp.

“Oh, I know I can handle it Bennett!” Ace yells back using Shayne’s new last name. Shayne smiles like crazy and Ace’s smile is almost identical to Shayne’s. The bride and the groom both go down the side of the ramp and right at the bottom when Ace passes by Shayne, Shayne pounces on Ace and they start to make out.

Cat calls fill the ramp outside and I laugh walk back toward the party going on inside.

“I love you.” Vince whispers and hugs me close to him. I smile and turn to face him.

I was wrong when I said forever ended when Dylan left me. I was wrong when I thought that I’d be alone forever. Shayne was wrong when she thought forever ended when she got signed. Shayne was also wrong in thinking Gavin would live with Mr. and Mrs. Lucas forever. Shayne was wrong when she thought she’d be too afraid to trust or love anyone.

We were wrong. Those events weren’t the end of forever. Today, today isn’t the end of forever because forever never ends. Today is something different. Today is the beginning of forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!
Thanks to all who read, commented, and subscribed!

=]