When Forever Ends

Ace

Texas. That’s where we are today, Texas. It is hot as balls. The sun is beating down on us directly today. No clouds, no breeze. Just pure heat. It’s torture. I, along with the rest of the guys, abandon my shirt within minutes of dealing with the boiling heat.

“Well, I’ll see you around.” a local skater says his goodbye after we had a conversation about different types of trucks.

I nod in response and head off toward the table where we all put our shit. I’m feeling in the mood to pull some shit on Derek. He’s hands down one of the most annoying people I’ve ever met. I pull a clean t-shirt out of his bag and use it as a towel, wiping the sweat from my hair, my face, my neck, my back, my chest, my arms, and my armpits. The shirt is disgusting when I finish. I laugh to myself as I fold the shirt and stuff it back into the bag.

“Fuck this shit!” Shayne’s face twists into one of pure anger as she stomps to the table. I’m about to ask what the hell her problem is when she rips her tank top of and whips it against the table. The sweat covered material smacks against the wooden table. She pulls a towel out of her bag and uses it to wipe the sweat off of her torso.

“Uh, hot?” I ask with my eyes glued to her middle.

“Obviously.” She laughs and starts to spray herself with sun block. “Will you get my back?” she asks holding out the spray on sun block.

“Sure.” I answer taking the bottle from her. She stands with her back toward me, her head is down and her arms are spread out to the side. I spray a good amount across her back, because she is seriously the biggest bitch when she gets sunburn.

“Thanks!” she answers. The lose of her tank top instantly put her in a better mood. Not only her, but also Derek, Zack, and Corey too. Their eyes stayed glued to her. I hate to admit this but I too find myself staring at her as she saunters off in the direction she previously came from. The basketball shorts I let her barrow are hanging off her hips as she walks and her newly exposed skin seem be taunting everyone but Jake. Jake, who is currently battling it out with a bee.

Shayne is the only girl in the park we’re at currently. That’s a lie actually, there are girls in their mid teens staring hungrily at Zack and giving Shayne envious glares every time she speaks to him. Every guy around is sneaking glaces at Shayne like they’ve never seen a girl in just her bra and pair of shorts.

Shayne continues to skate, oblivious to the havoc she’s wreaking on everyone around her. I can honestly say, it was effecting me more than I liked. I felt the urge to touch her back, her stomach, her hips. As her best friend, I shouldn’t be feeling that. I shouldn’t be bothered by it at all. I live with her for fuck’s sake! It has to be the desperation she was talking about earlier, what else could trigger such feelings towards Shayne. I mean like...it’s Shayne.

It’s a difficult task, skateboarding, when all I can think about are dirty thoughts starring my best friend. I try to focus on the task at hand. I do good until I catch her out of the corner of my eye, sweat glistening on every inch of her exposed skin. Naughty images fill my head, distracting me and making me fall all over the place. Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! I try to stay away from her but after a few minutes I can’t resist the urge to look up and see where she is.

“Who the fuck used my shirt as a towel!” Derek’s voice boomed as the park started to empty. “Bennett!” Play it cool.

“Huh?” I ask distractedly while searching through my bag for deodorant.

“Did you do this to my shirt?” Derek ask holding his gray shirt soaked with my sweat close to my face. Man, do I smell when I’m sweaty!

“No, that’s fucking sick, dude. It smells like ass rape.” I keep my seriously face on.

“Princess! You did this!” Derek accuses Shayne.

“Yep.” she answers, letting her hair fall past her shoulders. “Because I was over here a lot today.” she says with a roll of her eyes. I smirk at her and she returns it. It’s the only way we could express our amusement without Derek catching on.

“What was that smirk for?” Derek demands. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t so secretive.

“Oh, I was just reminding Ace of how badly I want him.” Shayne says throwing a wink in my direction before slinging her bag over her shoulder and heading toward the van. My stomach squirms, even though I know she isn’t serious.

An hour passes by before we head out to find food. We stop at a diner in the middle of nowhere. We had the option to eat inside or outside. Corey decided without asking any of us that we were eating outside. I would have preferred inside, personally. We’ve been outside for almost two weeks straight. Everyday, we wake up, go outside, and stay outside all day.

“What happened to your arm?” I ask noticing a scrape across Shayne’s left shoulder.

“Some dumbfuck pushed me.” She replies plainly, as bad as it sounds...it happens to her more than anyone in our little group cares for. Sometimes she deserves it though, because she runs her mouth and sometimes says things that can be offensive. Shayne’s phone rings, she looks at the caller ID and answers. “Hey babe! What’s shaking?” Marley. “What?” the smile on Shayne’s face melts into a frown. “Are you sure?” she looks up suspiciously and is met with everyone’s curious eyes. Shayne glares daggers at us and walks away to talk.

“I wanna talk to Marley.” Jake says like a little kid, pouting and all. He stares after Shayne as she goes where no one can hear here.

Zack looks back to see where Shayne’s location is and then turns back toward the rest of us. “I’d fuck her!” he says enthusiastically.

“Join the club!” Corey says.

“I feel wrong saying this but...I’m joining that club.” Jake says shamefully. Everyone looks at me. Might at as well be honest.

“I’m with Jake.” I say keeping my eyes on Shayne’s pacing figure. What the fuck did Marley get herself into this time?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy!
I virtually hug everyone who commented and subscribed.

Comment and subscribe, please cheese!
Haha! I used to say that when I was little.