The Mansion

The Mansion

Deep in the United Kingdom, there stood one of the world’s grandest houses. It belonged to Mr. Ricardo Crow, who was famous for writing some of the worlds greatest horror and love stories. People considered him to be like the modern day Edgar Allan Poe or something. The sad thing is Ricardo recently passed away from a mysterious death that to this day know one has been able to figure out. This story is not about Ricardo, it is about his best friends, Nigel Maroni and Jennifer Falcone. See before he died, Ricardo left Nigel and Jennifer his greatest possession, his mansion. Every one else got money or a car ,but Ricardo believed that no one else can take good care of the greatest thing in Ricardo’s life.

You see, Ricardo, Nigel, and Jennifer were all good friends in high school. Nigel and Jennifer were romantically linked in this group of misfits. Nigel and Jennifer were like the couple that married couples would die to be like. Ricardo had it rough in the girlfriend department, but he had a little help along the way. Ricardo was the kind of guy who wanted to live his dream ,and would do anything to make that possible. When that opportunity came he moved away from his life in America, plus he did not really think he belonged in his hometown. Nigel and Jennifer missed him so, they wrote him letters and sent him e-mails.

He answered maybe 1 or 2 letters. A few years went by and Nigel and Jennifer had found differences and broke up. Plus, Nigel cheated on her with a girl who looked like the wicked witch of the west. Then one day a man came to the door step of both Nigel and then Jennifer’s house. He presented the will to each of them. Now of course the will read the house belonged to both of them, and if they got this a few years back they would have loved living together. But now a days they were both sickened by the idea of living together.

Before his death, Ricardo found out about the break up and wrote that they had to live in the house together for a minimum of 3 days alone if they wanted the mansion. So the next day Nigel and Jennifer packed their belongings, boarded their planes and went to London. The house was like a castle mixed with some old Black Victorian pieces. The windows had the most unique stain glass patterns on them. The door was like a door in a Frankenstein movie, huge with big knockers. The Gate was huge, it looked exactly like the Front gate at the Adams Family’s House. Nigel was the first to arrive, “ Wow Ricardo really went all out on this place” Nigel said to himself.

“ Welcome to the manor, shall I take your luggage sir?” said Ricardo’s life-long Butler, Alfred, who lived in the house still. So Alfred carried Nigel’s bag to his room , and as they were walking Nigel had a look of excitement upon his face. “Oh my god, I love this room, oh man” said Nigel, entering his room. The room was covered with sports and car stuff and the bed was a mattress in a corvette that actually worked. “will there be anything else before I depart master Maroni?” Nigel nodded his head saying that he did not need anything now.

After that moment the door bell rang, Jennifer had finally arrived at the estate. “Oh wow this is beautiful, I always said Ricardo had great taste” said Jennifer while opening the front door. Alfred approached Jennifer the same as he did with Nigel, but while on their way to Jennifer’s room she asked “Hey, did Nigel arrive yet?” Alfred replied “ Yes Madam, he is in his quarters.” As Jennifer entered her room she was so surprised that the room was her dream room. Her room had the world’s largest closet and in it , filled with the clothing fit for a queen. The bed was a solid gold bed frame with the softest mattress, it will feel like being on a cloud.

After getting settled it was time for dinner, and Nigel was a boy who loved to eat even though he was anorexic at one point in his life. Jennifer and Nigel headed down stairs to the kitchen. The kitchen was something like in a dream, and it had all the food u could ever want. Jennifer was the first to enter the kitchen with a look on her face that says “give me some food damn it.” Ricardo knew actually what Jennifer’s favorite food was. She was a healthy eater so she got a world class salad with the right amount of dressing. Nigel had arrived with a hungry look on his face as well, but when he saw Jennifer, he had a look of disgust on his face.

“So what’s for dinner Jeeves?” said Nigel with a extremely hungry look on his face. “That’s Alfred master Nigel ,and it’s a sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and a cookie,” said Alfred. The whole time during dinner Jennifer and Nigel did not talk to each other. It was so quiet u could hear Jennifer’s salad going down her esophagus. After dinner both Nigel and Jennifer went straight to bed, and that night the horrors begun . A t about midnight Jennifer heard a weird noise and decided to go check it out.

As she walked the noise became louder and louder. She looked up and she saw that parts of the house were falling down from the noise. She started to get a little freaked out, and right when she got to the grand stair case in the middle of the house she looked over and sees a message written in blood. She screamed be cause next to the message is the butler dead with a knife in his hand. The message in blood read, “ heal the heart and you will survive” Jennifer had no clue what that meant. Nigel heard Jennifer scream so he ran out his door to the grand stair case and saw the message and the corpse. “Holy shit, what the hell happened?

What does that message mean?” after that Nigel tried to call the police, but could not because the phone lines were down. Plus Nigel and Jennifer’s cell phones were dead as well. After that very traumatizing moment, both of them decided to go back to bed. Jennifer was so freaked out she could not go back to bed for the rest of the night. The next day Nigel and Jennifer put their differences aside for once and decided to try to figure out what was happening until the phones worked again. “So Jennifer, are you alright?” said Nigel feeling concerned again.

Jennifer nodded her head saying she’s fine. Nigel helped her up on her feet. Nigel ,still concerned, said “do you need anything? I’m here to help.” Jennifer smiled and said “I’m starting to remember why I liked you in the first place.” Forgetting what happened, Nigel and Jennifer had a nice breakfast together. They caught up on each others lives, asked what each other have been up to.

Then Jennifer asked “ so I have a quick personal question, why did you cheat on me with Brie Kent?” Nigel answered “ Jennifer lets not talk about that, that’s the past.” “No, no its not. Nigel it’s the reason we broke up and I think I should know why you did it” said Jennifer with little bits of anger. Nigel kept avoiding the subject, and tried to talk about something else. “ Nigel you cheated on me, if your not going to tell me why then why am I talking to you?” said Jennifer getting up from her chair in rage.

“Jennifer someone died last night from something we don’t know about and you are worried about something that happened a long time ago” said Nigel, after he said that they heard another noise coming from the grand stair case again. They ran to the stairs to see what it was, and they saw another message on the wall. The message, again written in blood, said “ Time heals all wounds” Nigel and Jennifer were again stumped as to what that meant. Nigel looked over to see if there was a body, but there was no body. There was glowing green foot prints that looked like they belonged to a ghost or something. Confused and curious, Nigel and Jennifer decided to follow the mysterious footprints. The prints lead to a book case in Ricardo’s private library which contained thousands of books.

“ Why would the prints lead to a book case? That’s just weird” said Nigel. “Ah, Nigel don’t you ever pay attention to movies or books?” said Jennifer. Jennifer looked around as if she knew what the trigger was to something. “Ah, there it is” said Jennifer, and she pulled a book from a shelf. As if it were magic, the book case opened like a door, and behind it was a collection beyond Nigel and Jennifer’s wildest dreams.

It was a shrine of friendship containing thousands of pictures and the letters sent to Ricardo from Nigel and Jennifer. They had though Ricardo had forgotten about them. “This is amazing. Hey what’s this?” said Jennifer to Nigel. Jennifer picked up a note that was written by Ricardo before he died. It was the key to the whole mystery behind Ricardo’s death.

The note read “if anyone is reading this it means I’m dead, I fell in love with a woman who was greedy. She asked for so much and I gave it to her. Then the next day I figured out that she just wanted the money. I figured it out with the help of the maid, Sophia, who I fell head over heels in love with. My wife figured it out and attempted to murder us, and I saved Sophia’s life by jumping in front of the bullet. Later Sophia was shot in the arm, but did not die yet. She later grabbed the gun and shot my wife in the head.

Sophia and I had died later that night, but I learned something. True love is life and we all deserve it no matter who we are. I had just got that love even though I died that same night. Sophia and I might have passed on but our love will live on through every one that live in this house, Sincerely Ricardo Crow. P.S. this was written by the Ghost of Ricardo.” After reading this note Jennifer and Nigel had heard a noise again. They ran out the secret room and to the grand stair case again, but this time no message.

Then suddenly out of no where two ghosts with robes on, which made them look like the grim reaper, came out of the wall where the messages were written. Nigel and Jennifer were filled with fear after that moment. “ what do you want from us?” said Jennifer with fear and rage. One of the ghosts slowly moved towards Nigel and Jennifer. It grabbed their hands and placed them on top of each other. “ you want us to be together, why?’ said Nigel.

The ghost removed his hood and revealed his face. It was Ricardo’s spirit and he said “mistakes come and go but true love is forever”, and after that Nigel and Jennifer felt their love again. “Jennifer I’m sorry I even thought about cheating on you, I will do anything to make it up to you.” Jennifer smiled and said “ well first you can kiss me, then you can clean the blood off the wall.” Nigel and Jennifer kissed each other in a way they have never kissed before. All of a sudden the spirit of Ricardo’s wife emerged from out of nowhere. “I can’t believe even after we die you still love that slut” said the wife in rage.

Ricardo, defending his love, said with anger “ all you wanted was the money, why in God’s name would you care about me, you gold digger?“ With the most evil look on her face, the wife flew towards Sophia. Ricardo quickly picked up an old dress that belonged to the wife. What the wife did not know is ghosts can be trapped in their clothing they had from the life. She flew straight in to the dress, and was trapped. After that Ricardo and the other spirit, who was Sophia, flew in to Nigel and Jennifer’s bodies. With that Nigel and Jennifer’s love grew even stronger then it ever was. The next morning they woke up to a new life. They decided to live in the house, not just for them selves but for Ricardo as well. They lived happy lives for the rest of their lives.

THE END