Sequel: Shut Up. Kiss Me.

Just Jenny!

Chapter11

I got to the arena at around five forty-five, the boys having left early in the morning after wishing me a happy birthday. Staying true to Joe’s dress code, I opted for some black skinny tuxedo pants, with buttons along the outer seem starting mid-calf all the way to the end, then coupled that with a white fitted halter top that has a tuxedo screen printed on the front and some, red high heeled booties, then just left my hair down in thick curls. But now, even though I looklike I remotely belong, I am totally lost! Well, okay not completelythey let me backstage when I told them I was looking for "William Forrester", which was Nick’s new code name, but perhaps I did toowell on this outfit, because the guy said ‘go ahead’, and just assumed I knew where to go. I called Kevin, but I guess they’re busy.

After walking around for a few minuets the coffee bond finallykicked in and pulled Kevin and I back together…literally. As I turned the corner I was immediately knocked off balance by non other than Kevin Jonas himself. “Is it a Jonas custom to football tackle a girl everytime you see her?” I laughed once I caught my breath.

“Only the special ones.” Kevin smirked, before looking at me sheepishly. “Happy Birthday?!” he tried, helping me up off the floor, and giving me a hug and a peck on the cheek.

“Well thank you.” I giggled; this guy seriously gives the besthugs ever!

“I was just coming to get you, sorry we were rehearsing.” He apologized, scratching the back of his neck.

“It’s okay, I got to look around.” I said motioning to the long empty hallway.

“Well, then it’s a good thing I took so long, wouldn’t want you to miss all this.” He laughed. “So I see you complied with Joe’s dress code.” He commented once we were on our way to their dressing room.

“Yeah, well he abided by the movie night rules, even forwent the straightening, so I figured it was the leastI could do.” I shrugged self-consciously. Okay so I wear form-fitting clothes all the time, but the kinds of pants these boys wear reallydon’t leave much to the imagination. “That and I didn’t want to be pelted with synthetic cheesy products.”

Hey! You’re the one who kept trying to get them stuck in my hair!”

Yeah, but you kept catchingthem, so it didn’t work!”

“True.” He chuckled, “Looks good though, I especially like the shirt.” He complimented opening the dressing room door for me.

“Thank you.” I said walking in, and hugged Mr. and Mrs. J who wished me a happy birthday, while Kevin excused himself to find his brothers.

“We’re so glad you could make it.” Mr. Jonas began as we all sat down.

“Of course, thank you for having me. I’m sorry I kept the boys out last night, but I guess extrememovie watching can take its toll.” I chuckled.

“Oh, sweetie, that’s fine, we’re just glad you had a nice time, it’s allthey talked about this morning.” Mrs. J responded. Okay, that’s weird, I know they’re not little kids anymore, but still, sleepovers at a random girls house…not what you’d expect from a Jonas.

“You seem like a good girl, and we trust our sons, we didn’t feel the need to worry about it.” Mr. Jonas responded as if reading my mind. “Though I suggest you don’t give us reason to reassessthat.” He said smirking; I guess it really isa Jonas trait.

Jenny!” I heard from the door just before things could get any more awkward, as Frankie barreled in and tackled me in hug. Yes, I have that effect on the Jonas boys, good thing I was already sitting down.

Frankie!!!” I mimicked hugging the little boy.

“Happy Birthday!” he exclaimed excitedly.

“Thank you.” I laughed looking up to see the door open and the older three Jonas brothers walk in.

Jenny!” Nick exclaimed as soon as he walked in pulling me into a tight hug, as if I hadn’t seen him only hours before.

Mr. Forrester!” I giggled hugging him back. How the boy survived without watching that movie until last night I’ll neverknow, I mean it’s Sean Connery theJames Bond, and it even has a great sock line!

“Hey, Nicky quit hogging the birthday girl!” Joe scolded as he pulled his brother away from me.

J. Mo!!!” he yelled enveloping me in a hug, then twirling me a round.

Hey!” I reprimanded with my hands on my hips, once he’d put me down.

“You have to admit, in thatoutfit…there’s a certain” cough, “resemblance.” He pointed out smirking, then because he’s Kevin’s brother and I can’t do it, he did the freaking eyebrow wiggle, which I willmaster eventually by the way. I will!

Watch it kid.” I scolded trying not to laugh.

Kid! I’m onlya year and a few months younger than you.” He pointed out looking down at me.

Exactly, you’re a wholeyea rand a few months younger than me so I get to call you Kid.” I smirked sitting back down on the couch.

“Kevin where’d you findthis one? She’s another you!” Joe cried indignantly.

“Coffee shop, and Joe, she’s another you.” He countered finally moving away fro the door and sitting on my right.

“Is, notshe’s you.” Joe argued sitting on my left, as the rest of the family went about their business.

“Nope, you.” Kevin smirked over my head.

You.” Hello stillhere.

You.” Seriously?

“Hey, do I get a vote?” I finally asked.

After looking at each other for a few seconds, Kevin finally shrugged, “Sure, who’s your vote?” he asked.

“Frankie.” I smiled.

“What? Why?” Joe asked confused.

“Well, he has awesomefashion sense,” I started, as he is currently wearing a superman shirt and jeans, “we’re both Nintendo DS junkies, and he’s the closest to my height.” I responded crossing my arms, causing the guys to laugh.

“See, totallyyou!” Joe continued looking over my head.

“Joe, what are you talking about? That was classic you!” Kevin argued indignantly.

“Guess it didn’t count?” I asked Denise who simply chuckled and shook her head.

“You’re the youngest, the youngest’s vote nevercounts.” Joe replied offhandedly.

“So I amFrankie!” I exclaimed, hey he said it.

“What?” Kevin asked.

“Well, hesaid that my vote didn’t count because I’m the youngest, even though I’m obviouslyolder than him, so that means that hesaid I was Frankie. And he’s not the youngest so his vote hasto count, and as the youngest I’m the tiebreaker.” wow, that almost confused me.

Dude…” Joe trailed off eyes wide, looking at Kevin.

Yeah…did you?” he asked Joe.

“Uh-huh, and then…”

Yeah…”

“With the…”

Dude…”

She’s MOM!” they simultaneously exclaimed, their eyes going wide in realization, causing everyone in the room to crack up.

Eventually the boys had to go perform and I stood in the wings taking it all in. And I have to admit the energy on stage is insane! I guess I was more into the show than I originally thought, because I didn’t notice Mr. Jonas’ approach until he finally spoke.

“May I ask you something?” he asked his eyes on Kevin as he did his S.O.S. dance.

“Um, yeah sure anything.” I responded curious, reluctantly tearing my eyes away.

“You could have printed my son’s name in the paper the day you met him. He’s a celebrity, it’s fair game, and you and I both know it would have sky rocketed your career.” Mr. Jonas started, looking at me, “I was actually pretty surprised when I found out you didn’t, but why?” he asked.

“It didn’t seem right,” I shrugged. “He’s a great guy, he was nothing but nice to me, and to do something that could potentially harm him personally or his career just seemed, cold. Yes, I’ll admit I knew who he was, and it might not be good business sense, but it was the very least I could do.”

“Well, that I can respect. Thank you.” He smiled at me as he went off to check on the sound equipment.

“Any time.” I chuckled going back to the show, just in time to catch Joe challengeKevin to a dance off, which resulted in Kevin doing some intricate flips as Joe flailed about like a spastic seaweed…in a good way? Then it came time for Nick to perform ‘A little Bit Longer’. I’ll admit, I loved the song the moment I heard it, it’s always touching, but somehow listening to it live, seeing him sing it…was a lot more emotionalthan I ever factored in. I stood there with one hand crossed over my body and the other covering my mouth, in some strange one-woman-hug, awed by how talented this young boy really is.

So with me standing there like some hunk of marble, it isn’t really a shock that I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Catching my breath I turned to see Denise with tears in her eyes giving me a watery smile. Silently she draped an arm over my shoulders and we watched the song end in a comfortable half hug.

“Kevin told me you know,” she said after a while looking at me apologetically.

“Oh…” I said looking down. I’m not upset he told her, it’s just I don’t want people feeling sorry for me, it’s not right. Plus the whole story makes me look like a moron.

“I know it’s hard,” she said squeezing my shoulder, “I wasn’t alwaysMrs. Jonas you know, it’s part of why I went to such great lengths trying to raise good sons.” She smiled down at me sadly. “But it doesget better, and you seem like a smart, stronggirl, so I’m not worried, but if you ever need anything, I’m just a phone call away.” She reassured me just before Frankie came running up to us challenging my Super Mario skills.

After the boys finished their concert and the meet and greet, we were finally able to hang out a little more, though it mainly consisted of us exchanging contact information, as they insisted on giving me a ride back home in the bus.

“So, you’ll keep in touch right?” Denise asked as we approached my apartment complex.

Definitely, thank you again.” I said hugging her, then Mr. Jonas.

“Take care of yourself, and let us know if you need anything.” He smiled.

“Will, do Mr. J” as soon as I the words were out of my mouth Frankie had already attached himself to my waist.

“Hey Tank,” I said crouching down (though not much) to be at his eye level, and returning the hug.

“You’ll call me right?” he asked, almost breaking my heart, this kid is too cute!

Definitely.” I reassured him standing up and opening my arms for Joe to follow suit.

“Now, J. Mo I expect to be kept up to date in the goings on of the monkey hat, and Frederick (my superman teddy bear, which he tried to pilfer) you hear?” he asked holding me at arms length.

“Mm-hmm, as soon as you stop calling me J. Mo, Kid.” I smirked giving him a hug.

“Text me.” Nick instructed.

“Will, do.” I laughed hugging him before whispering, “Take care of yourself.” So no one else could hear.

“You too.” He smirked. Now lets see, five down one to go.

“What about you? I don’t get a hug?” I asked Kevin who was sitting on the couch by the door.

Me? Nope, I’m walking you up to make sure no craziesget you,” to my skeptical look he added, “It’s late, please?”

Alright, come on.” So we walked off the bus and into my apartment complex in relative silence, before he said what had been on my mind all night.

“You seem to really fit in with my family.” He stated, in an unreadable tone.

“I guess so, but it’s an easy task.” I laughed.

“That’s good, just…we’re friendsright?” he asked uncertainly as we reached my landing.

“Yeah, why?” I asked a little shocked.

“Just making sure I guess. That we’re not just acquaintances…you know?” he gave me questioning glance, and waiting for my nod before continuing. “If you need anythingI’m here.” I’ll admit it’s good to hear.

“Me too Kev, alwaysokay?” I laughed, knowing his unease about calling me if he thought I’d be asleep.

“Okay. Well, friend, I almost forgot, I have a present for you.” He said reaching into his pocket, though how he got anythingother than himself (though that defies logic too), in those pants the world may never know!

“Oh, Kev really, you’ve done enough.” I tried to protest.

“Nope, it’s your birthday, plus it’s sort of an initiation.” He shrugged dangling a silver charm bracelet from his finger.

“It’s beautiful.” I gasped fingering the little JB shield hanging from one of the links.

“It’s not justfrom me…well it was, but Joe and Nick wanted in, so we got a charm for each member of the family. The music note is dad since he taught us everything we know, the heart’s for mom, the brush is for Joe,” he smirked, “the little tank is for Frank, I’ve got a coffee cup, and Nick’s is what else?”

A pair of socks!” we said simultaneously.

“Exactly, and there’s the JB shield, a cross, and the newspaper for you.” He said rubbing the back of his neck self-consciously, which I’m starting to think is a nervous habit…or a sign that he seriouslyneeds to switch his shampoo.

“Thank you Kev.” I said hugging him, and even though I thoughtI’d convinced myself I shouldn’t because I don’t want to be susceptible to any crushes right now, I tiptoed to give him a peck on the cheek. Though to be fair hestarted it, at the concert!

“Hey, you get older you get a gift. It’s the rule.” He laughed fastening the bracelet around my wrist. “So, I guess this is the end of the Birthday Weekend?” he asked.

“’Fraid so…now I’m a full fledged member of the old-fogy-club.” I sighed.

“Yeah, well you stay in my good graces and I mightbe able to score you a VP post.” He winked.

“Only VP?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“ Well, I amolder, so naturallyI know more about being an old fart than you.”

True, but Iknow more about being an old bitty.” I countered.

“I vote we make Nickthe president then sharethe VP post.” He bargained.

Deal!” I laughed, realizing we just voted the same guy who made us bothfeel ancienttwo days ago the presidentof the old fogy club.

“I have to be heading out…” he said apologetically rocking back and forth.

“I know, but I’m glad we got to hang out. Thank you for everything.” I smiled sadly. It kind of sucks that just as I get to really know them they have to leave.

“Thank you, it was great, and we’ll have movie night again next time we get together, we’ll even let Joe pick the chick flick?” he asked smirking.

“It’s a date.” I laughed. CRAPI said date, I meant, not date, but like a hang-out-y-ish-type-thing? But not a date…but if he noticed my slip he didn’t mention it.

“Excellent. Now take care, keep in touch, and remember to alwaysget your daily dose of Jonas.” He said placing his hands on my shoulders.

Always. Now, be safe, and try not to fall too often, because Joe’s sturdy, youon the other hand might breaksomething given the flips you do!” I reminded giving him a look before we hugged again. Kissing my cheek before letting go, he whispered a final goodbye before walking away. I waited until he was down the hall to unlock my door, then watched the bus drive off through my window, as my life slowly went back to normal the farther away it got…then again maybe not.