Sequel: Shut Up. Kiss Me.

Just Jenny!

Chapter 37

“Maybe it's much too early in the game. Ooh, but I thought I'd ask you just the same…What are you doing New Year's, New Year's Eve?”I sang to myself as I made coffee.

I loveChristmas, and even moreI love the music. I'm not kidding, Christmas music is on my iPod year round, and I go through my Christmas movies every two months or so.

“Well, unfortunately Ihave to work sweetie, but I dohave to take a pretty lady on my arm…if you’re up for it?” Came the husky whisper in my ear, Kevin having obviously just woken up, and may I just say morning voice...sohot...I meanyeah, never mind.

“I’d love to." I grinned turning around. "Did my off key singing wake you? I can’t seem to help myself around Christmas.” I shrugged apologetically.

“Not at all, I was just coming to let you know I’m going to jump in the shower if you needed anything from the restroom before I do?”

“Nope, you’re good.”

“Okay, I’ll be quick.” He smiled turning to walk away, “Oh, and I likeyour singing.” He grinned kissing me on the cheek leaving a stupid grin in his wake.

Okay, so asidefrom the mutated butterflies in my stomach, having Kevin here just seems second nature. I’m so comfortable with him, that I find myself not thinking about it when I kiss him (on the cheek, no lip action as of yet) goodnight, or when I grab his hand to navigate through the crowded streets…is that bad?

Even if things don’twork out…I’m stupidlyin love with this dork! Well, I’m assumingthis is what love feels like, given I’ve never really felt like this before.

Of courseit’s during my big love epiphany that Kevin decided to stage his reappearance, looking all drool worthy in a black singlet and jeans, his hair still damp from the shower.

“So, what’s the plan for today?” he asks filling a cup of coffee and joining me on the couch.

“Not sure, shopping’s done…packing’s done. Nothing left to do but hang out.” I shrugged

“And do what?”

“Nothing, watch movies…anything.”

Anything?”

“…legal.” I clarified the gleam in his eye scaring me a bit.

“Well, you could always singfor me.” He smirked reaching for my guitar.

No. Not that.” I laughed shoving the guitar out of his reach.

“Why not?” he pouted, yes he used those big hazel eyes, and that adorable pout on me!

“Singing’s yourgig, notmine.”

Exactly, if I sing it’s work…if you sing it’s fun!”

“Nice try, but you still have to play, and that’s like work too.”

“Not the same I love playing. Come on, it’s Christmas.” He smiled sweetly.

“Kevin, no.” I laughed. “You’re around musicians all the time, not to mention you probably have perfect pitch…I’m notsinging for you.”

“But I’ve already heard you sing, and you’re not bad at all, in fact had the song progressed it may have been really, really good.” He tried.

“Thank you, but singing when I’m not thinking about it, and singing here, for you…notthe same thing. Now the pressure is on, and there’s no way I’ll even sound okay.” I reasoned.

“Okay, I’ll drop it…for now. Let’s just relax for a while.” He suggested leaning back into the couch, pulling me into his side as he grabbed the blanket I keep in the living room. “For the record, you don’t have to be nervous around me, It’s not like I’ll make fun of you if you’re off key.”

“I know that, but I care what you think…for better or worse your opinion matters to me, so it’s kind of a no win thing. Unless like this morning I’m doing something without thinking about it…it’s the putting me on the spot that freaks me out.” I laughed.

“I guess that makes sense, I’m just so used to being on stage, that even if I get butterflies, I perform well, it’s what I’ve been trained to do.”

“And I’ve been trained to sit at a desk, hiding under a hat, making a cartoon version of me, so I’m never really exposed. This whole public figure thing really did blind side me.” I shrugged.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“Well, I kind of get you in the press a lot.”

“That’s not what I was referring to anyway. I mean more along the lines of when we first met, that one guy calling me out. It started before you, and sure our relationship fueled the fire, but the ball was already rolling.”

“Do you hate it?”

“The recognition?” I asked looking up at him. “No, I’m glad I can make people laugh with my work, and the more people know me, the more people know what I do.” I shrugged.

“Jenny?”

“Yeah Kev?”

Whyare we even awakeand showered a this early with nothing to do” he asked causing me to giggle.

“Well, it’s Christmas! And everybodyknows I can’t ever seem to sleep too long around the holidays.” I told him excitedly.

“You’re kidding.”

“Nope, I’ve been going on about Christmas since July…” I reminded him.

“Hm, well Iknow what we could do all day.”

“What’s that?”

Sleep,” he smirked closing his eyes and securing both arms around me so I couldn’t move.

“Even all keyed up on coffee?”

Yes.” Tightened his hold on me chuckling.

Kevin…” I whispered, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“Yes?”

“It’s too quiet.” which is saying something in the city.

“What if I sing to you? Will you sleep then?” he sighed.

“You mean work? You can’t do that!” I gasped trying to get up for effect, but he anticipated it not letting me move, as he laughed. Stupid big *cough* sexy *cough* arms.

“Yes, I can. Christmassongs don’t count. Now close your eyes, relax, and go to sleep.” He growled, in the worst Grinch voice.

“Okay, night Kev.”

“Night, now shh, song time.”

“Shutting up now.”

“Christmas, Christmas time is near…” he started quietly causing me to chuckle, earning me squeeze on my shoulder. Jeeze I’ll shut up.”Time for toys and time for cheer. We've been good, but we can't last…hurry Christmas, Hurry fast. Want a plane that loops the loop… “

“Me, I want a Hula-Hoop.” I added half mumbled, sleep not too far away.

“We can hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don't be late.”