Daddy's Little Darlings

Hate

I stay in the house on my own all night, waiting with baited breath. I want Dad to stay away, and I want Mum and Danny to come home. Danny was right, Dad would kill him. It's sad, that a father won't love his own son because of who his is dating. If Danny is dating anyone. He could keep it a secret. I'm great at it.
Dad stumbles in at around half-two, cursing and tripping. He comes upstairs, and I hold my breath, but he walks past and into his own room. I get up extra-early in the morning, get dressed into my fresh uniform, pack my bag. I am taking on my new identiy.
Dad wakes up and comes downstairs, swearing and clutching his head. He goes over to the kettle and makes coffee.
" Where's Danny?" he croaks. I don't answer-I make a deal of fastneing my bag.
" Hey? I'm talkin' to you! Where's Danny?"
" I don't know," I whisper.
" What?"
" I don't know," I sigh. " I don't know where he is."
For a minute, I think I'm gonna get away with it. Dad's eye's flicker slightly, but then his mouth turns into a snarl.
" LIAR!" he yells, and pushes me against the cupboards. The handles dig into my back as he presses me there.
"Dad....please, I don't know..."
" Where is he?"
" I ....I....."
" What's he told you? What has he said?"
" Nothing!"
" What did he say?"
I don't answer. Dad swears at my stupidity, and lets go off me. I fall to the floor, and stay there, rocking myself.
" Whatever it is, why didn't he tell me?" Dad fumes. I make the mistake of saying-
" Because we can't trust you."
Dad swings round and hits me, as hard as he can. I am knocked back by the force, and my nose starts bleeding. My face stings, flares scarlet.Dad grabs hold of my collar, pulls me up to his face.
" Never speak to me like that again, you stupid, ungrateful little girl," he growls, and I just sob. He lets go of me and I crumble to the floor and stay there. Dad swears again and marchs out of the house. I lie there on the floor, crying loudly, my nose pouring blood. I stay there for two hours, until I drag myself up, wipe my nose. I inspect my face, and see it is bright red. My teeth feel wobbly, as if they'll fall out. I go into my room, curl up under my bed. I want to stay here forever.
I hate my dad.