Survival Guide to Boys

Chapter 1

It was already 3 PM on a Saturday, and I had barely accomplished anything. I still had to finish writing a paper, run my daily mile, and get ready for the party at Selina's.

I dragged myself from the floor and turned my stereo off. My computer was on, just not on Microsoft Word where it needed to be. Grumbling, I sat in my chair and pulled it up to my half-finished report.

There wasn't much left to do. I had to change a few words around, edit a bit. I was ready to print it off by four o'clock.

I quickly changed out of my pajamas and into a pair of short shorts and a tank top. After lacing up my tennis shoes, I sprinted out of the house and down the street.

Running was my favorite way to clear my head. My mind got in rhythm with my body and I felt in control of everything. The burn in my legs that usually turned people off from my running was my favorite part. Even in the hot August weather, it felt good to run that ten minute mile.

When I got home, I checked my clock. I had about an hour to get ready before Tara and Reagan came by to get me.

I jumped in the shower and let the steam rise and fog the mirror. When the water cooled off, I began to wash myself off. I used the last of my cherry blossom shower gel and my matching cherry blossom shampoo and conditioner. It was hard to get out, but I knew I had to.

There wasn't much to do with my hair, so I threw it up into a bun. I dressed in dark skinny jeans and a pink and black striped tank top. I only had time to put on some lip gloss and mascara.

As I checked my reflection, the horn outside beeped. Tara and Reagan were here. I sure hoped that Reagan had gotten her seatbelts fixed-the girl drove like a maniac. I ran out of my house, calling a "Bye" to my stepdad on the couch. This night was going to be just amazing. I could feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kinda slow, but it will get better.